Brandon Marshall is a piece of poop

FluffHead

Players should know this is the deal, and negotiate their contracts accordingly. Still, most fans (and teams for that matter) don't seem to have a problem with renegotiating early when a player shows up and does his job. But in cases where there are questions around a player (e.g. Marshall's string of domestic abuse cases, Peters' work ethic) or when the player tries to renegotiate early multiple times (e.g. Peters) then there is usually some reluctance to renegotiate.

The ability to renegotiate is part of the deal. I agree that players trying to do it too often may lose fan loyalty, but Peters deal definitely worked out for him and I'm willing to bet Marshall won't be struggling when this is all sorted out. If Marshall is traded the new team will be talking about a "fresh start."

So, if he is playing below his pay rate, the team can terminat,e but if he is playing above his pay rate he should just suck it up and play out his contract?

Yes. Otherwise, don't sign a long term deal. I think most teams, if they are smart, will give a player more if they think he's worth it. But to hold out when under contract seems to be a breech to me. Team should be able to sue.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=148746

What they're saying on the matter.

I don't know why anyone would want to deal with someone who acts like that. Forget the talent. Somewhere along the line, personal pride and accountability to your teammates has to count for something. Steve Smith broke a teammates nose, showed genuine remorse, and never dogs it in practice (from what I know, anyway). Anquan Boldin has been after a new contract for years, and certainly deserves it. He's the toughest receiver in the league, in my estimation. You'd think Marshall would take a page out of their playbook.

Even Roddy White, who was a holdout. At least he held out. Marshall made a bunch of threats, then said that he wasn't going to give up a paycheck. And he acts like he's at volleyball practice with the John Carroll B team, it seems. Get him in a UFL uniform and be done with it.

I don't know why anyone would want to deal with someone who acts like that. Forget the talent. Somewhere along the line, personal pride and accountability to your teammates has to count for something.

Hmmmmmm.

Maybe Trent is texting Brandon as we speak...

I will trade you Roscoe Parrish and our #2 in 2010 for your poop

He is considered a top 3 WR ( according to ESPN) in the NFL and Owens will be gone next year!

I would be willing to bet that Marshall will also be gone / suspended at least by the end of next year. Owens may have character concerns, but at least he's not a woman-beater.

Hmmmmmm.

Maybe Trent is texting Brandon as we speak...

Your point is taken. I'll rationalize TO's prior actions because he's on the Bills and has yet to do anything to make me annoyed. Here goes --

The worst thing in my mind that TO (reality show notwithstanding) did was the whole sit-up circus with his agent. This action occurred away from the practice facility. It served as a distraction to the extent that the press would ask questions to his teammates about it. Marshall is bringing the distraction directly to the playing field and disrupted practice. From what I've read and heard, TO practices and plays hard when he's on the field.

The worst thing in my mind that TO (reality show notwithstanding) did was the whole sit-up circus with his agent. This action occurred away from the practice facility.

A few years back when TO was in Philly I was watching them play a game vs Pittsburgh. At some point in the game something pissed Owens off and he started getting in McNabb's ear on the sideline. And I don't mean a little bit of chirping, I mean he looked like he was trying to insert himself into the man's ear. Meanwhile Donovan is trying to look at photos, talk to his OLine, listen to his coordinator etc but Owens simply will not shut the hell up. He followed McNabb up and down the sidelines for I don't know how many minutes, never more than 6" from his ear, refusing to leave him alone and not so much as taking a breath to stop yapping for a single second. I was 100% convinced that McNabb was going to turn and drill him at any moment.

I don't know how things are going to go this year but that incident definitely ahd a direct impact on that game.

A few years back when TO was in Philly I was watching them play a game vs Pittsburgh. At some point in the game something pissed Owens off and he started getting in McNabb's ear on the sideline. And I don't mean a little bit of chirping, I mean he looked like he was trying to insert himself into the man's ear. Meanwhile Donovan is trying to look at photos, talk to his OLine, listen to his coordinator etc but Owens simply will not shut the hell up. He followed McNabb up and down the sidelines for I don't know how many minutes, never more than 6" from his ear, refusing to leave him alone and not so much as taking a breath to stop yapping for a single second. I was 100% convinced that McNabb was going to turn and drill him at any moment.

I don't know how things are going to go this year but that incident definitely ahd a direct impact on that game.

Are you saying you're happy you're not in Trentative's cleats? :ph34r:

Are you saying you're happy you're not in Trentative's cleats? :ph34r:

I'm very happy to not be standing behind that gossamer patchwork!

But if TO pulls that nonsense on Edwards, I hope he mashes his grill.

With his left hand of course. :thumbsup:

Still doesn't excuse Marshall from acting like a 5 year old who isn't getting his way, you are a millionaire athlete, act like it and do your damn job. If not I hope they fine the crap out of him for whatever they can find. Grow up, or just go home

Of course. There is plenty of blame to go around. But man, Marshall is running a distant douchebag third when you compare him to Bowlen and McDaniels.

Can't they fine him for that? Isn't practice participation in his contrract?

And WTF kicking the ball and making some poor ball boy that's making nothing go run and pick it up for him?

Hope he tears both ACLs and has a concussion.

Prick

At some point in the game something pissed Owens off and he started getting in McNabb's ear on the sideline. And I don't mean a little bit of chirping, I mean he looked like he was trying to insert himself into the man's ear. Meanwhile Donovan is trying to look at photos, talk to his OLine, listen to his coordinator etc but Owens simply will not shut the hell up. He followed McNabb up and down the sidelines for I don't know how many minutes, never more than 6" from his ear, refusing to leave him alone and not so much as taking a breath to stop yapping for a single second.

I remember seeing that on TV. Here's a video at youtube...

They show a quick bit of it at the 1:35 and 3:30 marks.

Why is it always receivers that are the dolts in the NFL? Moss pretends to rub poop on the goal post. Ochoconco wants a trade. Owens insults his own QBS. RAy CAruth kills his wife. David Boston is a moron. andre reed became a little B word at the end of his career too. plexiglass burress and his gun usage. steve smith's antics. stallworth kills a person with his car. etc, etc...

MArshall is a loser. A child. I hope some safety "knockes his block off."