Question about tattoos in the workplace.

I don't know one sinlge person that got a tattoo and gave a single thought about what other people would think about it. In fact, I'd say most people should care a little more about that, if anything. Your stereotype is garbage.

I'm calling BS........I'm betting every single person with a tattoo is giving a lot of thought about what other people think about it. If not, why get it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling BS........I'm betting every single person with a tattoo is giving a lot of thought about what other people think about it. If not, why get it.

Call BS all you want. If you're not the one getting it, you don't have a clue.

not at all. if that were true, i wouldnt have one. the potential flack i was going to catch from my family would have far outweighed any "cred" i would have gotten from my friends.

i dont doubt that there are lots of stupid kids/people out there that get them for some kind of attention. but there are lots of us who simply do it for ourselves.

not at all. if that were true, i wouldnt have one. the potential flack i was going to catch from my family would have far outweighed any "cred" i would have gotten from my friends.

i dont doubt that there are lots of stupid kids/people out there that get them for some kind of attention. but there are lots of us who simply do it for ourselves.

What do you mean by potential flack....Didn't the flack happen?........I think when I was younger, I cared more about the "cred" than I cared about the family flack...........The whole thing screams out "look at me" to me.

I agree, I have 2 and they are for me, I could care less if people see them. In fact, unless i decide to walk around sleeveless and in shorts everyday for the rest of my life, you might not even know I have them. I don't need to show them off to look like some kind of tough guy, they are for me and I don't care if people see them or not. Without a doubt though, "kids" who are around 18-19 probably get them to be cool and show off how tough they are, but for me getting ready to turn 32, I am not doing it for those reasons.

Name me some other line of work where you can look like that and be in management? Either a gas station or Abercombie and Fitch.

Manufacturing. It's what I do. Granted, being a manager in a business full of ex-cons, illiterates, and general degenerates isn't a lifetime achievement; but it counts for something. I was going through a stretch of my life where anger took control and tattoos were theraputic. Bringing pain on myself was much better than inflicting it on those around me. I've since reached a better place personally and now get ink for more sane reasons.

My latest

Again, a big misconception. I get tired of people coming up to me and comment on my tattoo like I got it for them.

You can only see it with a tanktop on, however, I will soon be getting something on my lower arm. I don't know how people at work will think about it, but I guess I'm already here and since I'm good at my job they will learn to live with it =).

Manufacturing. It's what I do. Granted, being a manager in a business full of ex-cons, illiterates, and general degenerates isn't a lifetime achievement; but it counts for something. I was going through a stretch of my life where anger took control and tattoos were theraputic. Bringing pain on myself was much better than inflicting it on those around me. I've since reached a better place personally and now get ink for more sane reasons.

My latest

atleast they are trying though :devil:

And you would lose that bet. I got it for myself. From before or after the time I got it, I couldn't care less what other people think about it. However, I do care about what my employer thinks and have it on my biceps (pic to left) so it is covered normally and is visible during non-working hours/outside work.

As an aside, the most stupid question people ask me after having seen it for several months is "is it permanent ?"

What do you mean by potential flack....Didn't the flack happen?........I think when I was younger, I cared more about the "cred" than I cared about the family flack...........The whole thing screams out "look at me" to me.

not really. i was well into my 20s and out of the house. even my parents knew that it doesnt change the person i am. and i didnt go around "showing it off" to my friends, so they didnt really care either. i didnt care what either side thought, good or bad. it was for me.

im telling you, as someone with tattoos, it has nothing to do with other people. at least not for me. and since i count as part of "everyone", your blanket opinion is incorrect.

As an aside, the most stupid question people ask me after having seen it for several months is "is it permanent ?"

a worse question is "did it hurt?"

not at all! i just had a batch of needles jabbed repeatedly into my skin for hours and it was like being at a massage parlor!... :devil:

a worse question is "did it hurt?"

not at all! i just had a batch of needles jabbed repeatedly into my skin for hours and it was like being at a massage parlor!... :devil:

It's my least favorite question as well. Although not far behind is "What does it mean?"

BTW, anyone that says it didn't hurt is lying. I hear it all the time. Sure it didn't tough guy.

I am an employer in San Diego, and if you got a visible tat you are not getting hired. I hate tats, stupidest thing a person could ever do to their body. Reflects bad judgement in my opinion.

so based on your personal prejudices and opinions, you are willing to overlook potentially excellent employees...

smart

BTW, anyone that says it didn't hurt is lying. I hear it all the time. Sure it didn't tough guy.

really for the most part, none of my tats hurt to get done.

now there were times during the work that certain areas would be more tender than others, but it still didnt meet my definition of pain. i always seem to focus on the hum of the tattoo gun to not pay attention to whats going on.