Eric Wood Is 4 Real

beastly23

If you were watching the preseason game vs the Bears u would know what im talking about. Eric Wood is the real deal. He put his man on the ground way more than once. I dont know how many times he was causing havoc but i was very surprised hes only a rookie. He will be a pro bowler one day! Ya i said it...pro bowl material in the making!

If you were watching the preseason game vs the Bears u would know what im talking about. Eric Wood is the real deal. He put his man on the ground way more than once. I dont know how many times he was causing havoc but i was very surprised hes only a rookie. He will be a pro bowler one day! Ya i said it...pro bowl material in the making!

Yes, he does show promise.

More than your syntax. Learn to spell ("you" versus "u"). This isn't your cell phone. You can complete words on this forum. It's okay....try it! The shift key is over by the left or right thumb. It makes letters get real big. It works very well when you type the "i" key, particularly when it relates to.....you know.....YOU. As in "I". See how that works? Apostrophes CAN be a problem. "hes" should perhaps have read "he's", but dropping that little dash in there DID indeed tire me out a little bit, so I can understand how you might have worn down by the end of the fourth sentence.

In any case, great post!

i didn't realize it was English class.

Read the headlines, yoon-yore. With all the bitching about people not being able to "spick Inglish", be grateful for what you have.

Every day is Engish class. Anybody on this board could be your next employer............

......or not.

Read the headlines, yoon-yore. With all the bitching about people not being able to "spick Inglish", be grateful for what you have.

Every day is Engish class. Anybody on this board could be your next employer............

......or not.

I think he meant to say "4 realz" :censored:

Since we're trying to improve the educational/career value of our site, I thought I would add the following from Wickipedia:

"Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America, the United Kingdom and some other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term implies a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent. It is generally used for males only."

Dude, you can't even spell "Wikipedia" correctly.... :lol::nana::lol:

Since we're trying to improve the educational/career value of our site, I thought I would add the following from Wickipedia:

"Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America, the United Kingdom and some other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term implies a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent. It is generally used for males only."

......or not.

You also don't have to be pretentious and arrogant about the matter, either. If it were between a person who speaks or types in slang that is nice versus someone who can master the English language but who is arrogant, I'd take the former EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This board is about football, not about English.

You also don't have to be pretentious and arrogant about the matter, either. If it were between a person who speaks or types in slang that is nice versus someone who can master the English language but who is arrogant, I'd take the former EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This board is about football, not about English.

Based on your registration date, I think you have been here long enough to know it is a bit of both.

Based on your registration date, I think you have been here long enough to know it is a bit of both.

Au contraire. If more people here had greater command of the English language, football conversations would be more illuminating.

And that's Lord Douchebag, thank you very much.

Au contraire. If more people here had greater command of the English language, football conversations would be more illuminating.

Well put, Milord!

The idea that ignoring basic grammar and usage is ever acceptable drives me up the wall. If someone does not respect his/her own opinions to make sure they are expressed clearly, why should I respect them?

How is that "contraire", Frenchy?

......or not.

Isn't an ellipsis 3 periods? With a space before and after the periods?

Just ignore these amateur English teachers. They have nothing better to and nothing at all to add. Great post on Wood!

I just got back from the best sunset ride on an antique boat out in the eastern basin of Lake Ontario. It felt like being 14 again. Except I could spell back then, too.

What did I miss?

To your point, Buster - oh, no, quite to the contrary. I try hard to add to each thread, and not to indulge in the usual "You suck/No, you suck" garbage that this place has become. In fairness, you're correct - I tend to point out grammatical inconsistencies and errors...and, you know, outright $)*%ups. I don't see a problem with that. Why not? No, not because I'm a dick. It's because we're contributing on a forum that relies on the written word, and allows for unlimited sentence structure.

It's NOT Twitter, so our communication can extend beyond 140 characters.

It's NOT video, so we don't all have to look like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie.

It's NOT radio, so I don't have to listen to someone's squeaky, mildly feminine tenor.

It IS a forum based upon use of the keyboard, and the English language. Why, in God's name, would you have a problem with doing it right?

And, no, I'm not an amateur English teacher. I've slept with a few. But I'd fail "beastly23", and condemn it to fast-food servicing for the remainder of its days, or until it could pass the English Regents exam with the phone turned off.

To the point of the original Neanderthalic post, I'm thrilled with Eric Wood thus far. I didn't get to catch this weekend's game. Did he pancake anyone? That's the afternoon for which I'm living - so long as it's Wilfork.

Ahhhhhh, how texting killed the English language

It doesn't have to be that way. Just call the "bulltext" when you see it, and hopefully people think about it next time. Because I'm not kidding about the employment thing. I'd fry some kid's ass for putting anything APPROACHING "texting" on a corporate document.

And I'd get away with it.

It doesn't have to be that way. Just call the "bulltext" when you see it, and hopefully people think about it next time. Because I'm not kidding about the employment thing. I'd fry some kid's ass for putting anything APPROACHING "texting" on a corporate document.

Amen brother!

No jury in the world would convict you.

If you keep shorthand entirely within the realm of instant messenger and texting (which I can tell from experience gets harder the more you use it) then fine. But for the love of God TRY!!!

While English and grammar sticklers can be annoying at times, it does not compare to having to stumbling upon post after post of people who don't bother to try. Anyone can make a spelling or grammar mistake, but it takes a certain breed of idiot to purposefully destroy the English language when they have plenty of time to get it right.

But onto the main point, Wood is looking really good. He looked like a beast last Saturday and seems to have a good Blue Collar work ethic. I think that in a could of years he could be something quite special.

More than your syntax. Learn to spell ("you" versus "u"). This isn't your cell phone. You can complete words on this forum. It's okay....try it! The shift key is over by the left or right thumb. It makes letters get real big. It works very well when you type the "i" key, particularly when it relates to.....you know.....YOU. As in "I". See how that works? Apostrophes CAN be a problem. "hes" should perhaps have read "he's", but dropping that little dash in there DID indeed tire me out a little bit, so I can understand how you might have worn down by the end of the fourth sentence.

In any case, great post!

You're a douche!!!

Once, just once, I'd like to open a thread and read about the original topic the WHOLE way through. (I'd also like to do so in correct english).

Alas, I'm guilty of both, derailing threads and typing shorthand...

carry dis convo on yo!

incorrect punctuation, run-on sentences...come on man.

......or not.

highly doubtful an employer would not hire an individual due to their lack of grammer on a buffalo bills chat forum.

Yo, 'slice.

Yo.

Yo.

Yo.

this right here shows your maturity...or lack thereof.

I just got back from the best sunset ride on an antique boat out in the eastern basin of Lake Ontario. It felt like being 14 again. Except I could spell back then, too.What did I miss?

To your point, Buster - oh, no, quite to the contrary. I try hard to add to each thread, and not to indulge in the usual "You suck/No, you suck" garbage that this place has become. In fairness, you're correct - I tend to point out grammatical inconsistencies and errors...and, you know, outright $)*%ups. I don't see a problem with that. Why not? No, not because I'm a dick. It's because we're contributing on a forum that relies on the written word, and allows for unlimited sentence structure.

It's NOT radio, so I don't have to listen to someone's squeaky, mildly feminine tenor.

It IS a forum based upon use of the keyboard, and the English language. Why, in God's name, would you have a problem with doing it right?

And, no, I'm not an amateur English teacher. I've slept with a few. But I'd fail "beastly23", and condemn it to fast-food servicing for the remainder of its days, or until it could pass the English Regents exam with the phone turned off.

To the point of the original Neanderthalic post, I'm thrilled with Eric Wood thus far. I didn't get to catch this weekend's game. Did he pancake anyone? That's the afternoon for which I'm living - so long as it's Wilfork.

seriously? nobody cares about your antique boat, i am sure my regal cuddy is just as nice. i would also bet on the fact that there have been many sunsets that were better than tonight's. but, to each his own.

what did you miss? not much, but with that statement, it shows you wanted to come back to add gas to the fire. this ALL shows how much you really do try to add to these posts. it also shows how you don't indulge in the "you suck" comments, or personal attacks. you are right, it IS a forum based upon use of a keyboard. however, it really has nothing to do with the english language, moreso the knowledge of football. and once again, your maturity shines with your statement, and i quote..."And, no, I'm not an amateur English teacher. I've slept with a few."

hopefully your at least kidding about all the b.s. you have started here. also, i'm sure this young man would not be so silly to put "texting" lingo on a corporate document.

I know that I'm new here, but COME ON GUYS! This is a forum dedicated to our beloved Buffalo Bills , is it not?

P.S.

It seems to me that the dude with the antique boat, taking sunset cruises , and sipping some Cab sounds like he would fit in better over on some Bravo/Style TV forum , rather than at twobillsdrive ...lol...oops.

P.S.

It seems to me that the dude with the antique boat, taking sunset cruises , and sipping some Cab sounds like he would fit in better over on some Bravo/Style TV forum , rather than at twobillsdrive ...lol...oops.

Are you suggesting that Bills' fandom should be limited to illiterate, knuckle dragging, uncultured simpletons?

Just want to say as a Bills fan and frequent reader of the SW, it really gets old when a football topic gets highjacked by two pages of useless banter about spelling and punctuation.

Come on guys , we can do better.

Woods looked good againt Chi. but Tommy Harris didn't play.... we'll see.

I was pretty happy how the line played overall. Just hope the blocking keeps improving before NE.

Are you suggesting that Bills' fandom should be limited to illiterate, knuckle dragging, uncultured simpletons?

I don't think it should be that way, but based on most of the posters here, it seems as though that's the way it has worked out.

BTW (and this is not directed at you, GG), I don't think many here are asking for perfect English. Usually, typos, poorly placed commas, odd sentence structure and the like, is overlooked here. This is a message board, not an English assignment. But it isn't a gamer message board, or a skating community, it is a board for fans of the Buffalo Bills. Take the community into account before you post. Do others post in teen text type?

When you start posting like you are 12-years old, then prepared to be treated that way. Now, go to your room!

You should take a linguistics course sometime. You'd find out that among the "educated," AAE is now considered "acceptable" English.

I just got back from the best sunset ride on an antique boat out in the eastern basin of Lake Ontario. It felt like being 14 again. Except I could spell back then, too.

What did I miss?

Your last two posts may be the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You are one of the problems with this board and why I along with many others choose not to read or interact on stadiumwall. If you don't like the way someone writes, so be it. Don't read it and don't respond to it. There are hundreds of other threads that you can participate in. I imagine the majority of the posters don't come here to get quizzed on grammar or the english dictionary, mistakes which many of you like to point out (i.e. this thread). When i'm making a comment i shouldn't have to worry about going back to re-read my comments to double check for grammatical errors. yes those "i's" were left lowercase on purpose and I didn't capitalize the "y". Did it make it harder for you to understand what i was saying?

This is a Buffalo Bills message board. I'm sick of reading in every single thread someone spazzing out and getting on someon's a$$ about grammar, apostrophes, or whether a thread was started 3 pages ago. This board keeps getting worse and worse every week and ends up in more discussion about pointless and useless topics. The moderators should be doing a better job keeping discussions to BILLS FOOTBALL which is what this is supposed to be. It's less than a month until the season starts, and posters like you perpetuate arguments around stupid sh--.

"U"don't like to read 'text language'. Well, I don't like to read your long parenting-like responses and completely ruining a great topic - talking about the performance of our 1st round draft pick, whom we essentially traded Jason Peters for. It's an exciting and debatable topic.

Now please keep the patronizing to yourself and remember this is a BUFFALO BILLS FOOTBALL message board, not an avenue for you to push your written word/english language/mommy-daddy B.S.

......or not.

I guarantee you could not be mine. Every day is Engish class?

Now, I know one should never end a sentence with a preposition, but f_ck off! :rolleyes: