Chris Ellis?

agilen

Chris Ellis looked pretty good when he was out there. He also looks like he is the same size/speed as Maybin. Do I not know what I'm talking about, or did the Bills FO forget about him too on draft day?

Chris Ellis looked pretty good when he was out there. He also looks like he is the same size/speed as Maybin. Do I not know what I'm talking about, or did the Bills FO forget about him too on draft day?

He had a couple flashes tonight. That doesn't come close to the number of times he seems to just go through the motions both at practice and in games.

Maybin's burst off the ball is unmatched by anyone on the Bills current roster. He makes Ellis look like he's standing still.

GO BILLS!!!

He had a couple flashes tonight. That doesn't come close to the number of times he seems to just go through the motions both at practice and in games.

Maybin's burst off the ball is unmatched by anyone on the Bills current roster. He makes Ellis look like he's standing still.

GO BILLS!!!

While you may be right....Maybin isn't on the Bills' current roster :)

I thought he looked good too...not just rushing the passer, but he had some hustle plays this week and last. Hopefully he can carry that to the regular season.

I am not sure Maybin will be any better. Few PS guys live up to the hype, especially a one year wonder.

I am sure that he and his agent sense that he is not that good (see Lavar Arrington) and are trying to get the most money before the Bills discover the same.

But our problem is we do not have a tough defensive end on this team

Weakest position on the team by far IMHO

GO BILLS!!!

Last year as a rookie Ellis was clueless. To put it simply, he was overwhelmed. Some players are able to make the big leap into the NFL from college more easily. He certainly couldn't. From what I saw last night he seemed to be more comfortable and be able to play make plays. All one can ask from any player is to work hard and keep getting better.

Who?

They're talking about Error Maybe, an underclassman one year workout wonderkin who can't find Buffalo on GoogleEarth. He wants #2 money because The Bills picked him there right behind the #1 nose pick in the Draft - Mike Crabs-on-me.

I think Ellis makes the team. I also think Lankster makes the team as well. Has Ko Simpson played yet? He has got to be on the bubble for this team.

Keep Ellis and Lankster.

Time to bite the bullet finally, and get rid of high motor locker room guy. This is the guy that I really want to see the back of finally, even if our DE situation is not fully figured out. Time for Kelsay to go get no production somewhere else.

Big difference when you face an all pro LT then some LT thats gonna be working Burger King within a few weeks. Ellis sucks he wont see the field unless every single starter gets hurt in the same game and even then they might choose to use Hamden to rush the passer instead of Ellis.

Agreed. He looked good enough to avid being let go. I think he makes the team and is given a chance to develop. When Maybin finally signs, and he will, Ellis probably gets more first ans second down snaps as a reserve while Maybin gets the third down snaps with the first team.

IMO, Ellis showed nothing last year to make almost anyone think he'd ever be a player. He's lazy on and off the field, from what I've seen and heard. For a third round pick he smells like a bust. He looked ok last night because he was putting effort into his game. That's probably because he saw the Turk in a dream.

I also believe that if he makes the roster his laziness will return very quickly. I just hate this guy as a player. If he can get his head on straight and start taking his job seriously all of the time he'll be a big help in the PR rotation. I'm not gonna hold my breath. If they keep him it will be more because he's a third round pick from only a year ago who they will try to salvage for another year. JMO

Big difference when you face an all pro LT then some LT thats gonna be working Burger King within a few weeks. Ellis sucks he wont see the field unless every single starter gets hurt in the same game and even then they might choose to use Hamden to rush the passer instead of Ellis.

:unsure:

Not at all. In today's NFL due to injury and also to keep some contractual leverage with each player it is critical that a team not have only 1 player who can fulfill a particular role but both a plan A and a plan B in case the starter goes down.

My sense is that the Bills plan to use the unusual and somewhat mutant rusher skills of Maybin in critical ways. However, if the Bills have no other player who can fulfill that role, it simply telegraphs to the other team what we are going to do when the role player comes in. We also are seeing right now Maybin's agent turn the screws a little on the Bills because the Bills will likely have little alternative but Maybin in the defensive scheme we are going to employ.

I hope Ellis does well with the designated pass rusher skills he seems to have since if he can both play that role and also not be a liability as a DL player against RBs rushes then this greatly increases the flexibility of Farrell to run his scheme without being totally dependent on a particular player.

We outside observers often get too locked into the notion that only a single player is going to be able to fulfill a single role. Not so. Just as it only makes sense for the Bills to risk drafting a Willis MaGahee when you already have a Travis Henry on your roster or for Philly, Vick coming to town does not mean the end of the commitmentt to Donovan McNabb, because in fact the only way that a team could risk taking on an idiot like Vick is if you already have a starting QB who is firnly ensconced in that role.

Likewise, this same type of roster thinking applies to Ellis/Maybin. In large part it was because the Bills had plan B talent available in Ellis it made taking Maybin a smart lower risk thing to do.

I thought he looked good too...not just rushing the passer, but he had some hustle plays this week and last. Hopefully he can carry that to the regular season.

our 2nd/3rd string Dline in general dominated the Bears, getting constant pressure on the QB....