OK....now can we please get Aaron Maybin into camp

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, that's obvious: Juan and Eva Peron didn't enter the draft, or at least went unselected. so, by process of elimination, you are correct.

jw

John,

The Perons were actually draft eligible but they were medically red-flagged by pretty much all the NFL teams. There were medical issues involving both of them. Those medical concerns centered mainly on their deaths several decades ago. Crayonz is again, dead on in this.

The thing that gets me the most, other than the fact that he should be learning and practicing with the team, is that we are so in the dark on this. There is a fair amount of news each day on both Andre SMith and Crabtree and how the two sides in both cases are far apart. With Maybin there is absolutely nothing. I don't get it

The thing that gets me the most, other than the fact that he should be learning and practicing with the team, is that we are so in the dark on this. There is a fair amount of news each day on both Andre SMith and Crabtree and how the two sides in both cases are far apart. With Maybin there is absolutely nothing. I don't get it

Actually, I am quite happy that it is not being covered. I don't want their negotiations to turn into a media circus. However, I do want the deal to be done soon and him practicing.

Actually, I am quite happy that it is not being covered. I don't want their negotiations to turn into a media circus. However, I do want the deal to be done soon and him practicing.

I don't think that the Maybin situation would turn into a media circus. He's a one year player out of college, low-profile and in a small market. I don't think anyone else cares but us

John,

The Perons were actually draft eligible but they were medically red-flagged by pretty much all the NFL teams. There were medical issues involving both of them. Those medical concerns centered mainly on their deaths several decades ago. Crayonz is again, dead on in this.

i realize some might ask you to supply a link in regards to this stunning development, however, i shall trust your sources.

:rolleyes:

jw

And what exactly is this based on?

Both Smith and Crabtree were at one time touted as possible #1's overall. They are making the case that extenuating circumstances are robbing them of money. I don't agree but that is their contention.

Maybin has no such contention and is trying to attach himself to Crabtree's case. That is 100% greed.

I had hoped it was close for the last couple of weeks but evidently Maybin has been hanging around JAIrus Byrd.

He doesn't want to practice. He's not going to go to practice. He's not talking about a game. He's talking about practice.

These two guys are an absolute joke. They haven't even played one NFL snap and they are trying to dictate all the rules. The Bills should lower Maybin's offer by $100k a day every day starting tomorrow AM. And they should get their own doctors to check on JAIrus' injury.

Do you have anything to base that screeching on at all? Is this all your speculation on what is going on behind closed doors or do you actually have a fact or two to justify your slandering this guy?

If Maybin's agent is waiting for Crabtree to sign. What happens if Crabtree does not sign? Does that mean that Maybin does not sign either? This is pretty absurd that a guy who has had one good year in college is not signed three and a half weeks into training camp.

Do some of you get the feeling that he will never where a Bills uniform? And I am being serious. Maybe the team is pleasantly surprised with Chris Ellis and Copeland Bryan and have basically said this is what we are offering, take it or you can sit the year out? I would really like to hear what Russ Brandon has to say about what the Bills position is. I think as fans we deserve to know where things stand.

i realize some might ask you to supply a link in regards to this stunning development, however, i shall trust your sources.

:doh:

jw

Speaking of sources, when you going to get to work on that Maybin article you promised last night?

:rolleyes:

Both Smith and Crabtree were at one time touted as possible #1's overall. They are making the case that extenuating circumstances are robbing them of money. I don't agree but that is their contention.

Maybin has no such contention and is trying to attach himself to Crabtree's case. That is 100% greed.

Its actually what most first rounders negotiate their contracts off of, the players taken befoer and after them. Regardless of whether were at one time thought of as #1's doesnt matter, they are still negotiating against the contracts given to players surrounding them.

His agent has an idea of what he wants, and so do the Bills. At this point you have nothing to base anything off of other than your speculation. If i was in his shoes id be holding out to ge tas much as possible, the average career is short.

Maybin's holdout is created by Crabtree's holdout. It's a slotting thing, when the person before you sign's then you can slot your salary and sign your contract. Personally I think they can easily project a number and sign based on the projection. Even include and escaltor/descalator clause if Crabtree's number rocks the boat.

IMHO

Maybin's holdout is created by Crabtree's holdout. It's a slotting thing, when the person before you sign's then you can slot your salary and sign your contract. Personally I think they can easily project a number and sign based on the projection. Even include and escaltor/descalator clause if Crabtree's number rocks the boat.

IMHO

While I think most of us get the slotting thing, as you've stated, how hard would it be to project a number. sh--, if I had the time, I could plot all of the signed first round contracts and where Crabtree and Maybin should fall. This isn't difficult. Right now, I think he's getting bad advice or the Bills are really pinching pennies...err hundreds.