OK....now can we please get Aaron Maybin into camp

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to hold my breath. It is inexcusable at this point that he is not signed. The parameters are set even if they aren't this needs to have been done long ago. Don't you think it curious that pitt, ne indy and others usually have all of their picks in every year before camp?

I am not going to hold my breath. It is inexcusable at this point that he is not signed. The parameters are set even if they aren't this needs to have been done long ago. Don't you think it curious that pitt, ne indy and others usually have all of their picks in every year before camp?

That is because these teams having had success have been picking players in the mid-20's rather than in the top 15. The scope for negotiations at those picks are just not there compared to the top-10 range.

Enough is enough......lets get this worked out.

Who would have ever thought that our less then superstar first round pick, who seemed to have as many detractors as supporters going into the draft, would get his contract signed by agent Segal and the Bills, after Segal got convicted felon Mike Vick a deal back into the NFL??? :thumbdown::):beer:

That is because these teams having had success have been picking players in the mid-20's rather than in the top 15. The scope for negotiations at those picks are just not there compared to the top-10 range.

Fair enough but he is the 11th pick. That also goes to speak of the importance of producing a winner. l am not trying to a jerk it is just frustrating looking at what winning organizations do year in and year out. Mark Sanchez was the what 5 pick and was signed before camp. look at the three people left to be signed and what organizations that picked them. SF CINN BUF the collective records of those org over the last decade speak for themselves. At least they had some winning seasons and playoff games.

I fully understand that maybin maybe the one holding up the negotiations.

Just fustrating

Fair enough but he is the 11th pick. That also goes to speak of the importance of producing a winner. l am not trying to a jerk it is just frustrating looking at what winning organizations do year in and year out. Mark Sanchez was the what 5 pick and was signed before camp. look at the three people left to be signed and what organizations that picked them. SF CINN BUF the collective records of those org over the last decade speak for themselves. At least they had some winning seasons and playoff games.

I fully understand that maybin maybe the one holding up the negotiations.

Just fustrating

From an agents perspective, the Bills have demonstrated with the way they caved in to Peters' demands that it pays to simply stick to your guns with the Bills FO.

One of the more hilarious opinions that I have seen on TSW is that of folks who somehow seem to feel that we stood up to Peters by trading him. Actually, Peters demands were clear. He wanted a long term deal which gave him huge upfront bonus he had no right to under his existing Bills contract and a long term deal which paid him at a rate of a double digit annual salary.

By trading him the Bills gave Peters everything he wanted. I know if I were an agent I would be hardpressed not to hold out until the last minute against the Bills who have demonstrated that they are so focused on saving a nickle up front they are not tough enough to risk committing a dime of future money. Since they would not commit to giving Peters a dime he quietly held out and was rewarded by getting a whole new deal with Philly that paid him a whole quarter.

I think the Bills are going to being paying for a while with agents by demonstrating they are more than willing to be pennywise and pound foolish.

Correct ... and Maybin is in control of what happens here. Seems like he is holding out hoping that Crabtree gets something really unusual. This is not likely to happen. Personally I hope crabtree gets screwed. The idea that these guys get paid millions of guaranteed money before playing a down in the NFL is lunacy. The fact that the union is in agreement is a mystery to me.

Correct ... and Maybin is in control of what happens here. Seems like he is holding out hoping that Crabtree gets something really unusual. This is not likely to happen. Personally I hope crabtree gets screwed. The idea that these guys get paid millions of guaranteed money before playing a down in the NFL is lunacy. The fact that the union is in agreement is a mystery to me.

you have no idea if maybin is holding out or just waiting for an offer. if the bills don't want to sign high draft picks, they should trade down

Considering Maybin is going to be a specialty player, on defense, is it really that big og a deal that he missed all this time? The announcers last night didn't think so. Maybe it's worth just being patient and waiting for him to arrive....assuming he's there sometime before the season. I'm excited and anxious to see him there just lik everyone else, but I'm trying my best to keep the situation in perspective.

From an agents perspective, the Bills have demonstrated with the way they caved in to Peters' demands that it pays to simply stick to your guns with the Bills FO.

Beautiful. And if they had caved and paid Peters $11mill/year, they'd be at every agent's mercy that wanted more mercy as well. So is there any way the Bills' FO could have "won" given Peters' demands? Maybe if they just refused to pay, but also refused to trade, and just let him sit on the bench taking up a roster spot for 2 years?

Regardless, its beyond time to get Maybin into camp. He's lost considerable valuable time and few rookies make an impact after missing the majority of training camp.

At what point, as a player, do you guys feel said player should either A) go to his agent and demand a deal is worked out in 24hrs, saying that he, the player, will accept less money to get into camp, or B) Fire agent and get a new agent who cares about his clients career, and not just his salary.

If I were in Maybins shoes, I would have fired my agent by now. He cant get him more money, he cant get him signed, so what can he do? Sitting and waiting is not working its laziness. A good agent could get you the most money BEFORE camp starts...