Bills Starters Will Not See Much More Playing Time Saturday

sven233

Well, so much for getting more time for the Starters on Saturday. The coaching staff must think this is a team of players who have been to the Super Bowl the last few years. Here is clip from WGR55's practice report from tonight with Dick's comments about playing time for Saturday:

"This isn't going to make some of you happy when you read what Jauron had to say about starters playing time on Saturday, "About the same. We're not looking to play them significantly more than we did a week ago. If they do, it'd be a few more plays. Then we'll proceed into the preseason kind of along the same lines.""

SOURCE: http://www.wgr550.com/Owens-sits-while-Bil...ot-play/5003119

Glad we have a team that has played together for so long now and has the system perfected.

This is why I would favor a two game preseason and an 18 game regular season. The preseason is a waste of everyone's time and the fan's money.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I would favor a two game preseason and an 18 game regular season. The preseason is a waste of everyone's time and the fan's money.

Two preseason games are enough. You have what, maybe 2-3 players that are truly on the fence

and need an additional 2 games to prove themselves? The coaching staff knows (or should) prior

to training camp what the roster will look like.

I thought Trent looked OK the last game, and would like to see at the very least 2 series, but would

prefer the first quarter. The OL on need to play at least the first half to start to gel. After last nights

*pats game, with the way TB looked, I'm worried we'll get into a shootout with them, and that doesn't

bode well for us.

Endzone: small area at each end of a football field, in Buffalo it is reserved for the mascot and cheerleaders. :thumbsup:

something the Buffalo Bills are not season ticket holders of .........or gameday ticket holders of.....

heck we couldnt get into the endzone on EBAY

He doesn't hide the fact that he sucks as a coach

I mean Brady went a half, sheesh

Dollars to doughnuts that was Brady's decision. And I can understand why; he's coming off a serious injury and hasn't played. He's a competitor and wanted to test himself. But nobody can convince me that he got much out of going against second and third stringers later in the 1st half.

GO BILLS!!!

Threads like this make me think that maybe theBills SHOULD move.

Amen to that, Bills Brotha. I swear half our fan base just fell off the turnip truck, were born yesterday, and any other cliche you can think of for naivete.

GO BILLS!!!

i went to the steelers preseason game last night against the cards, and all of the starters were playing into the 2nd quarter, including ben and kurt. and even when they put leinart in they still kept the rest of the offense in. Thats what good teams do, they risk injury to make sure they are prepared for when the games really count. I know DJ has been around the game for a long time and knows more than i do, but sometimes i feel like he just doesnt get it.

Definition of TRUE Bills fan: Doesn't mind losing because it's a strong tradition. Favorite motto: To err is human. Absolutely incredible ability to rationalize. Hates seeing excellence elsewhere, because it belies the fallacy that mediocrity is OK.

The new young guys are getting lots of playing time. I have no problem with TE not getting more Pre Season experience. I think by now he should know what live action is like. We also have three more games after this one. The second to the last the 1st team will get a lot more. The reason they don;t play them according to what I understand is they don't want them to get hurt. But you can die walking across the street so that may not bee a good answer. For the guys who don't like this I am thinking you don't like DJ anyway and would criticize him either way he chose to coach the preseason game. If he left them in to long he will get criticized, especially if they get hurt. I can hear it now "Why did DJ leave them in so long. He was just asking to get them hurt." He is damned uf he does and damned if he doesn't.

The first comment is really stinging. :)

The second comment is right on. :thumbsup:

I thought that I saw Levitre, Wood, Bell playing into the second half last week...

I was wondering how long the starting O line would play. Did Walker and Hangartner play into the second half too? :devil:

Everyday, I see or read something that makes me believe our head coach is a moron. He is so soft,it's unbelievable. I would tell my offense, the starters are out there until they score a touchdown. The o-line needs to play together under game conditions for at least a half. Stop worrying so much and play some damn football! No leadership, no toughness from milquetoast Dick.

Definition of TRUE Bills fan: Doesn't mind losing because it's a strong tradition. Favorite motto: To err is human. Absolutely incredible ability to rationalize. Hates seeing excellence elsewhere, because it belies the fallacy that mediocrity is OK.

You forgot:

Preference to be optimistic rather than pessimistic.

Preference to build up rather than tear down (tearing down is easy. any p*ssy can do it).

Preference to believe there are other things in life that outweigh the performance of a bunch of well-paid athletes that play a GAME for a living.

Disdain for the taste of piss on their cornflakes (some people around here actually LIKE it).

The ability to recognize a troll when they see one.

GO BILLS!!!

You forgot:

Preference to build up rather than tear down (tearing down is easy. any p*ssy can do it).

Preference to believe there are other things in life that outweigh the performance of a bunch of well-paid athletes that play a GAME for a living.

Disdain for the taste of piss on their cornflakes (some people around here actually LIKE it).

GO BILLS!!!

What he said. :thumbsup:

If this team made me as miserable as apparently it makes you, I won't post nearly 700 times in a month about them.

i went to the steelers preseason game last night against the cards, and all of the starters were playing into the 2nd quarter, including ben and kurt. and even when they put leinart in they still kept the rest of the offense in. Thats what good teams do, they risk injury to make sure they are prepared for when the games really count. I know DJ has been around the game for a long time and knows more than i do, but sometimes i feel like he just doesnt get it.

How did Leinart look? Possible pickup when the cards axe him in a couple weeks? Better than Fitz?

You forgot:

GO BILLS!!!

Well put, K my brother. Please allow me to buy you a beer... :thumbsup:

The first starter that goes down in a meaningless series in a meaningless preseason game will by followed of a flood of posts all saying "WHY WAS HE STILL PLAYING IN A PRESEASON GAME".

There's no winning this one for a head coach.

Yup.

Play the 1st team - or what currently is - 2 series.

The general idea of preseason being to figure how to winnow down a roster of 80 to a roster of 53, deal with the injuries, and then cross the fingers that that 53 is going to give the club the best chance of success in the regular season.