Bills Starters Will Not See Much More Playing Time Saturday

sven233

Well, so much for getting more time for the Starters on Saturday. The coaching staff must think this is a team of players who have been to the Super Bowl the last few years. Here is clip from WGR55's practice report from tonight with Dick's comments about playing time for Saturday:

"This isn't going to make some of you happy when you read what Jauron had to say about starters playing time on Saturday, "About the same. We're not looking to play them significantly more than we did a week ago. If they do, it'd be a few more plays. Then we'll proceed into the preseason kind of along the same lines.""

SOURCE: http://www.wgr550.com/Owens-sits-while-Bil...ot-play/5003119

Glad we have a team that has played together for so long now and has the system perfected.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so much for getting more time for the Starters on Saturday. The coaching staff must think this is a team of players who have been to the Super Bowl the last few years. Here is clip from WGR55's practice report from tonight with Dick's comments about playing time for Saturday:

"This isn't going to make some of you happy when you read what Jauron had to say about starters playing time on Saturday, "About the same. We're not looking to play them significantly more than we did a week ago. If they do, it'd be a few more plays. Then we'll proceed into the preseason kind of along the same lines.""

Glad we have a team that has played together for so long now and has the system perfected.

I know. It's not like there aren't 3 games left or that many on the line played into the 3rd quarter.

A quarter would certainly be nice but I understand DJ's thinking. My guess is they play 3 series.

I think that may be optimistic. I think they get 2 at the most based on these comments.

While I don't need them to play a half or anything, 4 series I don't think is outrageous to ask for. But, it looks like we will get 2 at the most.

I know. It's not like there aren't 3 games left or that many on the line played into the 3rd quarter.

How many times have we been in the end zone? How many drives by the starting offense haven't ended in a turnover yet?

Can we at least see some positives on offense before we sit them on the bench?

I am not saying to play them the entire half, but more than 1 series, that does not end in a turnover, would be nice.

The last game likely no starters play at all so 2 more really.

Maybe they can make up for it with some more walk through practices

The last game likely no starters play at all so 2 more really.

Maybe they can make up for it with some more walk through practices

Yeah....those walk through practices are pretty intense, especially when they bring out the spectators in those red jerseys.....

Some of those guys are pretty intimidating. Yes.....walk through practices are the key!

Laughing while you're crying isn't all that difficult.

The funny thing is that they will probably pull the starters out after 2 dismal series.

Hey, if the offense comes out and moves the ball VERY WELL and scores some points, I won't have any problem taking them out after 2-3 series. If they look bad and they still take them out, then i will have some BIG ISSUES with the coaches.

The funny thing is that they will probably pull the starters out after 2 dismal series.

Hey, if the offense comes out and moves the ball VERY WELL and scores some points, I won't have any problem taking them out after 2-3 series. If they look bad and they still take them out, then i will have some BIG ISSUES with the coaches.

What if the first team can't even score against the opponent's second team? If that happened I would fire DJ at half-time and give the team to Marty Schottenheimer.

"Well, we got a look at Matt Baker so that was important for us. Some of the young guys really like to play together. So we are pleased with that aspect. It did rain a little, obviously, and there was some wind, so, weather-wise, tough day. And you can't prepare for that. It is hard to win in the NFL"

crazydingo does it better but thats my best shot at Dicks post game speech on Saturday.

A quarter would certainly be nice but I understand DJ's thinking. My guess is they play 3 series.

They played 1 last time. If they are going to get the same, I'll guess that they get 1 series.

Its not that we have an all-new offensive line or anything.... :thumbsup:

"Well, we got a look at Matt Baker so that was important for us. Some of the young guys really like to play together. So we are pleased with that aspect. It did rain a little, obviously, and there was some sind, so, weather-wise, tough day. And you can't prepare for that. It is hard to win in the NFL"

crazydingo does it better but thats my best shot at Dicks post game speech on Saturday.

So true......

"Well, we got a look at Matt Baker so that was important for us. Some of the young guys really like to play together. So we are pleased with that aspect. It did rain a little, obviously, and there was some wind, so, weather-wise, tough day. And you can't prepare for that. It is hard to win in the NFL"

My god, that is getting so tired. Jauron doesn't give good press conferences but please do it 1,000 times. It gets funnier every time. :thumbsup:

Fitzpatrick needs to look like he's played football before. Even though we didn't get Vick we need a backup QB

The new young guys are getting lots of playing time. I have no problem with TE not getting more Pre Season experience. I think by now he should know what live action is like. We also have three more games after this one. The second to the last the 1st team will get a lot more. The reason they don;t play them according to what I understand is they don't want them to get hurt. But you can die walking across the street so that may not bee a good answer. For the guys who don't like this I am thinking you don't like DJ anyway and would criticize him either way he chose to coach the preseason game. If he left them in to long he will get criticized, especially if they get hurt. I can hear it now "Why did DJ leave them in so long. He was just asking to get them hurt." He is damned uf he does and damned if he doesn't.

They played 1 last time. If they are going to get the same, I'll guess that they get 1 series.

Its not that we have an all-new offensive line or anything.... :thumbsup:

I thought that I saw Levitre, Wood, Bell playing into the second half last week...

What part of the "nine years without playoffs" argument don't you understand. Sure there's 3 games after this, but the closer the end of preseason, the more starters rest. It's not the other way around.

It's not because Brady and other teams starters are playing. It's because the entire offense is dependent on five new starters at their positions playing well. The QB and the other skill players have a lot of work to do on the no-huddle as well.

I really don't understand who can defend DJ anymore. What's he done to earn anyone's trust as a solid football coach?