Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

Read the police report linked by Lori.

Both of them grabbed and hit him, with enough action to break his glasses.

The dude is 62.....and Kane is a world class athlete along with his 20 something, 6'4" cousin. I think anyone with a shred of common sense can see the momentum of the situation. Best case scenario is that Kane is a douchebag. 1) Bad tipper for ANY person 2) Horrible tipper for millionaire kid 3) Power play...offended for cabbie not knowing who he was 4) Disrespect of the elderly 5) Burglary 6) Innocent bystander called 911

I didn't know anything about the guy really, but the "YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH" is the telltale sign that someone is being a punk and thinks they are above the law, or basic behavioral clauses for a regular member of society. The cabbie, like many, isn't squeaky clean.....but that has nothing to do with the fact that the Kane boys look like pure punks.

That is the recidivist drunk cabbie's sworn affidavit - nothing more - with no supporting depositions. By tonite, he will have recanted the entire tall tale.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the police report linked by Lori.

Both of them grabbed and hit him, with enough action to break his glasses.

I read it. :unsure:

Seriously, why don't you suspend the mumbo-jumbo of the report and actually describe to me how the attack went down? If they "both grabbed and hit him" - tell me how that occurred? Did Patrick hold him for Jason and then Jason held him for Patrick? Did one grab the throat and the other did the punching? :unsure:

How old was the guy? 62?

let's see - everyone keeps talking about Patrick being a world class athlete - yet with the help of a 21 year old cousin only managed to break a guy's glasses. Really? Doesn't anyone here think that a professional hockey player might do a bit more damage than that if he repeatedly punched him in the face?

I'm not saying the guy wasn't hit, I'm just saying I have no idea who hit him, if it was one or both of them, and if two 20 year olds only managed to break a 62 year old guy's glasses in this so-called "beat-down" - it is the worst beat down in history.

I read it. :unsure:

Seriously, why don't you suspend the mumbo-jumbo of the report and actually describe to me how the attack went down? If they "both grabbed and hit him" - tell me how that occurred? Did Patrick hold him for Jason and then Jason held him for Patrick? Did one grab the throat and the other did the punching? :unsure:

How old was the guy? 62?

let's see - everyone keeps talking about Patrick being a world class athlete - yet with the help of a 21 year old cousin only managed to break a guy's glasses. Really? Doesn't anyone here think that a professional hockey player might do a bit more damage than that if he repeatedly punched him in the face?

I'm not saying the guy wasn't hit, I'm just saying I have no idea who hit him, if it was one or both of them, and if two 20 year olds only managed to break a 62 year old guy's glasses in this so-called "beat-down" - it is the worst beat down in history.

Well....I'm 6'6" and 4 bills. The next SDS family picnic, let's see how many swats it takes me to break Grandpa's glasses. (I'm not saying that as a threat....but just imagine the insanity of that picture, and what you would be willing to do if you saw me do that.)

The Kanes have no excuse to be physical with a 62 year old. If the cabbie was some 25 year old guy who purposely took them off their course so their $8 fare turned into a $15 fare and then said he didn't have any change for a $20.....then, feel free to whack away.

20 cents!!! 20 cents!!!!!

1st, why are certain people, named The Dean, continually saying "Kane" as if there was only one Kane involved? Is there a verified report that it was indeed Patrick who hit the cabbie? Or is it that the cabbie is alleging that "one of them" hit him?

and also Deano, your melodramatic use of "beat down", etc... is a bit much.

First of all, nobody gives a rat's ass about the other Kane. I think we all know the one we are talking about.

And consider my possible hyperbole a retort to the melodramatic use of "imprisoned".

BTW (to The Sen) the cabbie's license, and past drinking are totally irrelevant to this situation. They'd be useful in court, though. Still Pat Kane (happy Scott?) will throw some money at this and make it go away. Wait, he hired Cambria. Kane's money is already flowing.

Well....I'm 6'6" and 4 bills. The next SDS family picnic, let's see how many swats it takes me to break Grandpa's glasses. (I'm not saying that as a threat....but just imagine the insanity of that picture, and what you would be willing to do if you saw me do that.)

I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make.

My point is that if they only broke his glasses - it wasn't really much a beat down. If fact, I would presume one clear punch to his face would have messed him up very badly. However, it doesn't sound like that as the case. So, what really did happen if his injuries were reportedly very minor and his glasses broke (were they broke by a fist or a foot????)

My point is that if they only broke his glasses - it wasn't really much a beat down. If fact, I would presume one clear punch to his face would have messed him up very badly. However, it doesn't sound like that as the case. So, what really did happen if his injuries were reportedly very minor and his glasses broke (were they broke by a fist or a foot????)

OK.

So? If they punched him once, or merely held him down and/or pushed him to get the money, that's bad enough for me.

You want to nit pick the nature of the violent response here. I get it.

Wow!

What a F'n world this has turned into.

Wow!

Yet, if this wasn't Pat Kane, and if the cabbie pulled a gun and shot the passenger trying to get the money, many here would defend the cab driver. Even if the violence was a mere push or punch.

Wow!

tell me about it!

It is hard to believe how many F'n people will convict someone in public based upon a single allegation. Disgusting isn't it? Not only do they convict them, but then go as far as to make the alleged crime 100x worse than even the accusation claims because it makes their premature public persecution sound more ominous.

Patrick Kane hasn't even spoke, but yeah - you got it all figured out. :unsure:

Let's ditch this small time crime anyway and let's get back to persecuting the Duke Lacrosse team rapists. F'n scumbags need to burn in hell for what they did. :unsure:

The Kanes have no excuse to be physical with a 62 year old. If the cabbie was some 25 year old guy who purposely took them off their course so their $8 fare turned into a $15 fare and then said he didn't have any change for a $20.....then, feel free to whack away.

20 cents!!! 20 cents!!!!!

I'm good friends with a 62 yr old who could kick most peoples arse-no matter the age.Ex navy seal.6 2 230.

20 yr olds -exc for the obvious cases in football-- are not that strong yet. A 50 yr old truck driver will kick some college punks arse any day.--

That being said--you are right young punks have no right to be physical with ANYONE over the age of 30--just as a matter of respect. Respect your elders.-Esp since you may get an arse whoopin.

We all know this Dick will get out of it with little to no punishment. However, if it was you then you would pay the maximum penalty. That's how F'd up this society is.

The money is flowing around Eastwood Place by Cambria and the Kanes... I wouldn't be surprised if some Canisus College students come forward as witnesses and say the Kanes were the victims.

:unsure:

This guy said it so well on the H-Boards: I totally agree and I will leave it at that. :unsure:

Will there ever be true justice in our society?

"The Kane's were (according to cabbie) vague about which address to be dropped off at. This is common among college kids and other jerks who plan to jump out at a fake address...kinda like "chew and screw". Cabbie's have decided to keep the doors locked until fare is paid.

Kane's probably got pissed...maybe they were going to open the door and run (typical punk, cocky kid move). They felt imprisoned, wanted every cent of their change back. Cabbie probably got mouthy about it. The Kane's flipped out a bit.

Now it comes out that cabbie has had two DUI's in his past and was driving with no license. Cabbie's lawyer knows this stuff will come out, along with locking the doors... he wants to downplay the incident, get a nice settlement for the cabbie and move on.

Cabbie has probably done this a hundred times, no problem. The alocohol induced cocky Kane's probably felt dis-respected. Afterall, he's a big time hockey player don't ya know??? not some punk Canisius College student.

Pay the cabbie, do some community service and move on. I think Kane has and will suffer enough in the court of public opinion.

I hate when people throw cr*p on the ice but I think it will be hilarious if people throwing dimes at Kane will follow him the rest of his career. Sorry, i just crack up at that thought. How humiliating."

This guy said it so well on the H-Boards: I totally agree and I will leave it at that. :unsure:

Will there ever be true justice in our society?

"The Kane's were (according to cabbie) vague about which address to be dropped off at. This is common among college kids and other jerks who plan to jump out at a fake address...kinda like "chew and screw". Cabbie's have decided to keep the doors locked until fare is paid.

Kane's probably got pissed...maybe they were going to open the door and run (typical punk, cocky kid move). They felt imprisoned, wanted every cent of their change back. Cabbie probably got mouthy about it. The Kane's flipped out a bit.

Now it comes out that cabbie has had two DUI's in his past and was driving with no license. Cabbie's lawyer knows this stuff will come out, along with locking the doors... he wants to downplay the incident, get a nice settlement for the cabbie and move on.

Cabbie has probably done this a hundred times, no problem. The alocohol induced cocky Kane's probably felt dis-respected. Afterall, he's a big time hockey player don't ya know??? not some punk Canisius College student.

Pay the cabbie, do some community service and move on. I think Kane has and will suffer enough in the court of public opinion.

I hate when people throw cr*p on the ice but I think it will be hilarious if people throwing dimes at Kane will follow him the rest of his career. Sorry, i just crack up at that thought. How humiliating."

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable synopsis of what may have happened, and what is likely to happen.

Not saying it is true, just that it "rings true". (Put THAT in your cliché thread.)

I don't support either side here but I must say I'm pretty uncomfortable with cab drivers being able to unlawfully imprison their fares.

I am not. Then again who am I to talk... I am lock and dam operaator... :nana: You wouldn't believe how many people get antsy and look like the world is about to come down on them even having to spend 10 minutes in a 1000' x 110' "bathtub." They think you will never open the gates... :lol::blink:

And actually one time I guess I unlawfully "impriosned" a boat in the lock... The Coast Guard told me to hold him... I made it look like we we having problems at the lower end... I closed the upper gates and waited for the Coasties... SAW's a mounted on thier Zodiac... I cracked the upper gates to let them in at full wake...The guy in the chamber kept looking at the lower gates (saw him on camera) like: "Man when will this thing open, I gotta run." If he would have made it into the lower pool he would have been gone... Even pulled his boat out at a ramp no doubt! You should have seen the expression on his face when I cracked the upper gates to let the Coasties in! He almost sh*t a brick... A 1/2 later both guys were shanghi'd to their seats of their boat and the USCG was taking them down river along the Zodiac's hip!

:unsure::unsure:

I believe presumption of innocence is a tenet of our legal system, no? You, OTOH, presume Kane guilty - as you have so stated. Strange, since I remember you proclaiming OJ innocent after the Bronco chase.

You speak of a 'violent attack', while I ask, "What violent attack?" For all we know, the Kanes & the eyewitness speak the truth - they were locked in and wanted to get out - and the recidivist drunk cabbie with a history of trouble is the liar.

Likely, he wouldn't unlock the doors, and the Kanes made efforts to escape unlawful imprisonment.

You didn't know?

Professional athlete = boston policeman = always = guilty

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable synopsis of what may have happened, and what is likely to happen.

Not saying it is true, just that it "rings true". (Put THAT in your cliché thread.)

And just to clarify... I don't have a hard on for Patrick... I have a hard on for how some people operate in our society... I have nothing against his talent... I wished he'd been in a Sabres uni... I would still be saying the same thing about this case. I do have a hardon with how the Kane family operates... It is the "Kennedy Syndrome" that inflicts this country.

And you know me Deano... I am liberal to a tee... I will protect my children from the worst too, not saying I won't. Yet, I harken back to the day when you got hit by a teacher and YOU were the one questioned... Not saying that is totally right, there is a lot of doubt against authority... YOU JUST DON'T SHOW THE YOUTH THAT.

Humility... It is not just what's for dinner.

And just to clarify... I don't have a hard on for Patrick... I have a hard on for how some people operate in our society... I have nothing against his talent... I wished he'd been in a Sabres uni... I would still be saying the same thing about this case. I do have a hardon with how the Kane family operates... It is the "Kennedy Syndrome" that inflicts this country.

And you know me Deano... I am liberal to a tee... I will protect my children from the worst too, not saying I won't. Yet, I harken back to the day when you got hit by a teacher and YOU were the one questioned... Not saying that is totally right, there is a lot of doubt against authority... YOU JUST DON'T SHOW THE YOUTH THAT.

Humility... It is not just what's for dinner.

I agree. Hell, I'd take 20 Cent on the Sabres NOW! This doesn't sound like an act of a horrible human being. Even given the worst likely finding, he was probably just a drunk stupid acting stupidly. He can learn, and can grow out of that. I wouldn't hold that against him forever. But if he's in the wrong here, he should pay up.