Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

Ok then I look at it as a cost of doing business. My dad owned a store many years ago. The biggest problem he had was shoplifters. But he didn't lock his doors until you paid for everything you bought. Locking your doors of your cab until people way is a reall shiity business practice. Like I said before you lock me in and refuse my change you're at least going to get a major verbal beating or a passenger that'll be quickly dialing 911.

And that is my point Chef. I don't disagree with you. It was a pure "power play" (excuse the hockey pun). Nothing wrong with laying into the cabbie verbally. And yes, the cabbie was a dick and pushed him on the 20 cents... Even more so when he found out who Kane was. I would have done the same thing and said: "Sorry I don't have the two dimes. PHUCK YOU!" Even if I did have them in my pocket. The point is Kane(s) has to have known when to quit and know that they may have been outwitted for the 20 cents... BIG DEAL! Walk away knowing that you won by only giving only a 20 cent tip... The Kanes couldn't let it go and they pay now because hands were laid down on somebody.

I mean come on... Not for sure... and I may be wrong... But all news sources are saying he will be INDICTED. Obviously the grand jury reviewed the facts.

In this case, the burden is on the Kanes or the passengers, not the businessman or cabbie.

We will see.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he charged with 'drinking underage', or is there any legal evidence that he was in fact drinking alcohol on the evening in question?

He got lucky on that one.

:lol:

On the upside, there are rumors Kane is trying to rehabilitate his image by becoming a spokesman for a worthy charity.

B-)

Edited by Booster4324

Was he charged with 'drinking underage', or is there any legal evidence that he was in fact drinking alcohol on the evening in question?

Which makes his choice even more shameful. Like I said, an 11 year child wouldn't make such a stupid choice on how to handle that situation. Unless the cuz totally falls on the sword for this one? Yet, I am under the impression "it takes two to tango."

Oh... Why do you guys have such a hard on for the cabbie? I am not saying he is not without fault. But, apparently the Kanes made some even worse choices by choosing to get physical. Did they really feel trapped? I will give that fear to them. Call the police on your cell phone then!

What I would like to know is where the police caught up with them to make the arrest... This to me shows intent. Were they still scuffling in the vehicle or did they pick them up down the road? This is also important becuase they allegedly took the money (what they are also being indicted for I take) back. If they were picked up away from the vehicle, why didn't they leave the 14 bucks with the cabbie... EVEN know they were over paying 20 cents?

Which makes his choice even more shameful. Like I said, an 11 year child wouldn't make such a stupid choice on how to handle that situation. Unless the cuz totally falls on the sword for this one? Yet, I am under the impression "it takes two to tango."

Which makes what "choice even more shameful"? That entire paragraph makes no sense whatsoever - WTF are you saying? Seriously. I have not read anything at all about any Latin dancing as it relates to this incident.

Oh... Why do you guys have such a hard on for the cabbie? I am not saying he is not without fault. But, apparently the Kanes made some even worse choices by choosing to get physical. Did they really feel trapped? I will give that fear to them. Call the police on your cell phone then!

Because the cabbie is a recidivist drunk, endangering the Kanes by operating a cab illegally, w/out a valid drivers license, then by locking them in against their will.

What I would like to know is where the police caught up with them to make the arrest... This to me shows intent. Were they still scuffling in the vehicle or did they pick them up down the road? This is also important becuase they allegedly took the money (what they are also being indicted for I take) back. If they were picked up away from the vehicle, why didn't they leave the 14 bucks with the cabbie... EVEN know they were over paying 20 cents?

My understanding is that, after illegally locking the Kanes in the back of his cab against their will, that the recidivist drunk hack then refused to provide the $1.20 in change he owed them. I believe they were arrested at the scene.

Which makes what "choice even more shameful"? That entire paragraph makes no sense whatsoever - WTF are you saying? Seriously. I have not read anything at all about any Latin dancing as it relates to this incident.

What he's doing is creating a nice little loophole so that Kane is made out to look horrible either way. Either he's an evil underaged drinker or he's an evil sober person with a couple loose screws.

Because the cabbie is a recidivist drunk, endangering the Kanes by operating a cab illegally, w/out a valid drivers license, then by locking them in against their will.

My understanding is that, after illegally locking the Kanes in the back of his cab against their will, that the recidivist drunk hack then refused to provide the $1.20 in change he owed them. I believe they were arrested at the scene.

What I am saying is that if they were sober... Just pay up and be down... Don't be such a cheap ass with a tip and if you didn't want to tip because the Kanes scene the cabbie for what you see him as... Be done with the 20 cents and realize that the bum (cabbie) as you over a barrel. You said, they were sober... Sober people walk away from the 20 cents.

What are you commending the Kanes on? Their ideals? :lol:B-)

What do you think the Kanes would do if they could do it all over again? You guessed it, run as fast as you can from this douchebag cabbie!

Over 20 cents? You are out of your mind Sen. You still can't going around rolling bums!

Again... They were sober! This is how their sober minds work? Scary, downright scary!

What I am saying is that if they were sober... Just pay up and be down... Don't be such a cheap ass with a tip and if you didn't want to tip because the Kanes scene the cabbie for what you see him as... Be done with the 20 cents and realize that the bum (cabbie) as you over a barrel. You said, they were sober... Sober people walk away from the 20 cents.

What do you think the Kanes would do if they could do it all over again? You guessed it, run as fast as you can from this douchebag cabbie!

Over 20 cents? You are out of your mind Sen. You still can't going around rolling bums!

Again... They were sober! This is how their sober minds work? Scary, downright scary!

I don't think anyone is commending the Kanes. But you act like a dick with a 20 something (let's ignore the fact that the kid is a professional in one of the most violent sport out there) who's been drinking or not, you've greatly increased the chances you're gonna get you ass kicked. I think people who deserve to get their ass kicked should have no legal recourse let alone get rich off it (that one was for Dean).

What he's doing is creating a nice little loophole so that Kane is made out to look horrible either way. Either he's an evil underaged drinker or he's an evil sober person with a couple loose screws.

No. The bum cabbie drew the Kanes into that loophole. You guys are saying it is okay to roll bums on the street. Or get off a rap because the guy you rolled is a bum. That is not how society works.

I am not denying the cabbie, bum as he is, may have baited the Kanes into doing something REALLY stupid that you would only expect out somebody who was drunk.

The Kanes made themselves look like bigger douchebags... Score one for the bum (and his lawyer LoTempio).

All the cabbie wants is a public apology now. :lol:

Ahhh the stories I've heard about so many college players.

College? Hell my 8 year old nephew has been playing hockey for 4 years. I was at my mother's house a couple of years ago and the other nieces and nephews were at the table talking about how crazy/weird someone was? I asked if they were talking about their cousin and they said yes. I asked them if he had been voted most likely to kill someone and they all laughed. BTW he plays goalie.

It was a $13.80 fare, they handed him 15 bucks. That's $1.20 in change they were owed, prior to being illegally locked in the back of this drunk's cab - one dollar and 20 cents - or, twenty bucks Canadian. :lol:

recidivist drunk operating cab illegally

and the recidivist drunk cabbie with a history of trouble is the liar.

Noon new reports suggest that his should all be over and done with by tonite, and recidivist drunk cabbie's attorney emphatically stated that no felony charges will result.

Nothing new there, Lori - just the sworn affidavit of the recidivist drunk cabbie, with no supporting depositions.

Who had the other half? Why wouldn't the recidivist drunk cabbie give the young men their change?

That is the recidivist drunk cabbie's sworn affidavit - nothing more - with no supporting depositions. By tonite, he will have recanted the entire tall tale.

My point, apparently more obtuse than I thought, is that no one knows if the guy even was beaten - freakin guy's a recidivist drunk and a liar, and may well have bruised his face falling in the gutter.

OK, we get it. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Have you trademarked that phrase and are hoping to popularize it to the point that it enters the American lexicon so you can cash in all the "recidivist drunk cabbie" merchandise you've stored in your garage or something?

I don't think anyone is commending the Kanes. But you act like a dick with a 20 something (let's ignore the fact that the kid is a professional in one of the most violent sport out there) who's been drinking or not, you've greatly increased the chances you're gonna get you ass kicked. I think people who deserve to get their ass kicked should have no legal recourse let alone get rich off it (that one was for Dean).

You don't act like a dick and you don't get a fare. I mean come on. Even after they kicked his ass, they still took the fare. THEY COULDN'T EAT 20 CENTS???

All the cabbie is saying now is that he wants a public apology (that is what they are reporting)... Did you not hear that? Do I need to post that 20 times? :lol:

You "famous people" fan boys just want to be able to roll bums. Well it doesn't work that way. Kane has more of an responsibility to society to act better! He failed. He knows it, I hope?

You don't act like a dick and you don't get a fare. I mean come on. Even after they kicked his ass, they still took the fare. THEY COULDN'T EAT 20 CENTS???

All the cabbie is saying now is that he wants a public apology (that is what they are reporting)... Did you not hear that? Do I need to post that 20 times? :lol:

You "famous people" fan boys just want to be able to roll bums. Well it doesn't work that way. Kane has more of an responsibility to society to act better! He failed. He knows it, I hope?

Nice try Eric. I'm not a famous person fan boy. As a matter of fact I pretty much hate them all. But who I hate just as much is people who deserve to get the shiit beat out of them cry when they do.

Why does he have a responsibility to society? He's a !@#$ing hockey player. B-)

It was a $13.80 fare, they handed him 15 bucks. That's $1.20 in change they were owed, prior to being illegally locked in the back of this drunk's cab - one dollar and 20 cents - or, twenty bucks Canadian. :lol:

What are you a cheapskate too? B-) Gotta commend your "ideals" Sen... But, did you ever hear of the term:

Self-preservation.

20 Cent and his cuz got a crash course in it!

My God... If he was my son... I would be laying into him with all verbal fury!

"Send money, guns, and lawyers... DAD get me out of this!"

:lol:

Nice try Eric. I'm not a famous person fan boy. As a matter of fact I pretty much hate them all. But who I hate just as much is people who deserve to get the shiit beat out of them cry when they do.

Why does he have a responsibility to society? He's a !@#$ing hockey player. :lol:

So it is okay to roll bums on the street? That is not how it works, and it is not okay (red). As much as the old west was great, society can't work properly like that.

Fair enough, I will give you the rest of your statement.

Why does he have a responsibility to society? He's a !@#$ing hockey player. :lol:

Seriously, because he wouldn't let them out of the cab until they paid and then didn't have 20 cents change (or even a dollar and twenty cents), he deserves a beating (punches whatever)?

Ok, so everyone should go about in society with this attitude every day. Duly noted.

OK, we get it. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Recidivist Drunk Cabbie. Have you trademarked that phrase and are hoping to popularize it to the point that it enters the American lexicon so you can cash in all the "recidivist drunk cabbie" merchandise you've stored in your garage or something?

Have I mentioned that the cabbie in question is a habitual criminal offender - a convicted drunken driver with a high degree of recidivism?

Seriously, because he wouldn't let them out of the cab until they paid and then didn't have 20 cents change (or even a dollar and twenty cents), he deserves a beating (punches whatever)?

Ok, so everyone should go about in society with this attitude every day. Duly noted.

You're absolutely right, no one should go about in society holding people hostage until they pay for the service.

So it is okay to roll bums on the street?

A bum get's in my face begging me for something? Yeah. Fortunately for the bum I'd never touch one of those filthy pigs.