Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

What are you a cheapskate too? :lol: Gotta commend your "ideals" Sen... But, did you ever hear of the term:

Self-preservation.

Yes, I believe 'self-preservation' is what the Kanes were engaged in when they attempted to escape from their illegal prison in the back of this drunk's cab.

And no, I'm certainly not a cheapskate. In fact, I over-tip - as I'm sure the Kanes were about to until they found themselves illegally trapped in the back of this recidivist drunk's cab, which he was operating illegally, without a drivers license, perhaps even under the influence himself.

Once that happens, all tips are off - and yes, at that point I also want my $1.20 ($20 CN) in change.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a $13.80 fare, they handed him 15 bucks. That's $1.20 in change they were owed, prior to being illegally locked in the back of this drunk's cab - one dollar and 20 cents - or, twenty bucks Canadian. :lol:

According to the report, they took ALL the money back, not just the change, and did it with some level of violence. There is simply no justification for that.

If it is true, they should be boned far more than they will be.

But I believe they will plead out and money will go to the cabbie.

According to the report, they took ALL the money back, not just the change, and did it with some level of violence. There is simply no justification for that.

If it is true, they should be boned far more than they will be.

But I believe they will plead out and money will go to the cabbie.

I'm still waiting on an explaination for this.

Yes, I believe 'self-preservation' is what the Kanes were engaged in when they attempted to escape from their illegal prison in the back of this drunk's cab.

And no, I'm certainly not a cheapskate. In fact, I over-tip - as I'm sure the Kanes were about to until they found themselves illegally trapped in the back of this recidivist drunk's cab, which he was operating illegally, without a drivers license, perhaps even under the influence himself.

Once that happens, all tips are off - and yes, at that point I also want my $1.20 ($20 CN) in change.

:lol:B-)

I figured you would say that... That is why I added that.

Come on... Afraid of being trapped in a cab? :lol::P

NEWSFLASH: Don't take cabs then.

or carry this:

Side windows break real easy

The 60 year old cabbie didn't lay a finger on the 20 year dudes... If he did, I may see your point.

Sen... I will just end it with the notion that some people just panic and do stupid things. Some people believe they can use their might over their brains. I realy don't have problem with that. Yet, that is NOT how civilized society acts. Yoou know it and the Kanes know it. There was no reason to be proactive physically here by the Kanes... It is almost laughable how people defend his actions. Almost like saying the woman raped "deserved" it because she hiked up her skirt. :(

<_<:thumbsup:

I figured you would say that... That is why I added that.

Come on... Afraid of being trapped in a cab? :lol::lol:

NEWSFLASH: Don't take cabs then.

or carry this:

Side windows break real easy

The 60 year old cabbie didn't lay a finger on the 20 year dudes... If he did, I may see your point.

Sen... I will just end it with the notion that some people just panic and do stupid things. Some people believe they can use their might over their brains. I realy don't have problem with that. Yet, that is NOT how civilized society acts. Yoou know it and the Kanes know it. There was no reason to be proactive physically here by the Kanes... It is almost laughable how people defend his actions. Almost like saying the woman raped "deserved" it because she hiked up her skirt. :(

Not at all afraid of being trapped in a cab - but I would be afraid that I'd use that thing on the recidivist drunk cabbie's head if he illegally locked me in the back of his car. So I wouldn't carry it. 'd just do what the Kanes did - force the illegal cab operator to unlock the doors.

But you're right - the cab driver panicked, and did a stupid thing.

Not at all afraid of being trapped in a cab - but I would be afraid that I'd use that thing on the recidivist drunk cabbie's head if he illegally locked me in the back of his car. So I wouldn't carry it. 'd just do what the Kanes did - force the illegal cab operator to unlock the doors.

But you're right - the cab driver panicked, and did a stupid thing.

So why was Kane and not the cabbie indicted?

I'm still waiting on an explaination for this.

Based on your other posts in this thread, I don't think you have the ability to understand it. So why waste my time on you?

So why was Kane and not the cabbie indicted?

I see you stumbled in at the middle of this movie....

State revokes new license of Kane cabbie

By Aaron Besecker l BUFFALO NEWS STAFF REPORTER

The cab driver at the center of the charges against hockey star Patrick Kane applied for a driver’s license under a different name and address shortly after his license was revoked in 1999 for drunken driving, a state Department of Motor Vehicles official said Wednesday.

In response to an inquiry from The Buffalo News, the agency has merged the two licenses and revoked the new license, adding it is investigating whether fraud occurred.

The move also leaves 62-year-old Jan Radecki of Buffalo facing the possibility of a felony charge, Chautauqua County District Attorney David W. Foley told The News on Wednesday.

Someone with a revoked license who, for whatever reason, applies for a new one under a different name and address could face, at minimum, a charge of filing a false instrument, Foley said.

“To me, that’s a crime,” he said.

link

The cab driver at the center of the charges against hockey star Patrick Kane applied for a driver’s license under a different name and address shortly after his license was revoked in 1999 for drunken driving, a state Department of Motor Vehicles official said Wednesday.

In response to an inquiry from The Buffalo News, the agency has merged the two licenses and revoked the new license, adding it is investigating whether fraud occurred.

The move also leaves 62-year-old Jan Radecki of Buffalo facing the possibility of a felony charge, Chautauqua County District Attorney David W. Foley told The News on Wednesday.

Someone with a revoked license who, for whatever reason, applies for a new one under a different name and address could face, at minimum, a charge of filing a false instrument, Foley said.

link

That happened as a consequence of the incident. It is not a direct charge from it, but nice try.

link

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the incident at hand.

And, like the Kanes, he has yet to be charged.

Sen I can say that we agree to disagree. I don't believe this was case where physical violence needed to be exercised. I mean really? Over being locked in and forced to pay and then being "played" for 20 cents? And they were sober too boot!. It makes no sense. I mean granted after everything comes out in the wash, the cabbie is a bum. I guess some people think that it is okay to give another a beat down if they act like dicks. Please don't remind me of this next a cop stops me and they are on the rag. <_<

Yeah, I didn't think you could explain it.

What's he going to get money for? To replace his glasses?

Like I said, there is no way for you to understand why an old man, who was a victim of a violent robbery, should be compensated by the perpetrator. You have zero compassion, you have made that clear in many threads, on many issues.

"Fuc# ''em!" -Chef Jim

Like I said, there is no way for you to understand why an old man, who was a victim of a violent robbery, should be compensated by the perpetrator. You have zero compassion, you have made that clear in many threads, on many issues.

"Fuc# ''em!" -Chef Jim

Be fair, he only advocated beating someone over a dollar and twenty cents. Let's keep things in perspective.

"Fuc# ''em!" -Chef Jim

So someone assaults him that just happens to have money so he has the right to be compensated for that. I have compassion for people who deserve it you can't do what I do for a living without it. How much do you think he deserves? What's his payday? Why should it be a payday?

Be fair, he only advocated beating someone over a dollar and twenty cents. Let's keep things in perspective.

Where did I ever say beat someone for a $1.20. I said that if you hold someone hostage in your car you may just get your ass beat. Does that mean the person beating his ass didn't commit a crime? Of course they committed a crime. But the person should all of a sudden hit the jackpot for getting beat for doing something stupid? I don't think so.

No. The bum cabbie drew the Kanes into that loophole. You guys are saying it is okay to roll bums on the street. Or get off a rap because the guy you rolled is a bum. That is not how society works.

See, that's the problem here. I haven't seen one person here who is saying the Kane's did nothing wrong. People like you in the crucify Kane camp have treated the whole thing as black and white, with the cabbie's word being gospel. Anyone who has posted against that have been treated the issue like it was shades of gray. Both sides screwed up and made mistakes and I know that I personally have never said a word that would indicate that Kane is guilt free on the whole thing.

College? Hell my 8 year old nephew has been playing hockey for 4 years. I was at my mother's house a couple of years ago and the other nieces and nephews were at the table talking about how crazy/weird someone was? I asked if they were talking about their cousin and they said yes. I asked them if he had been voted most likely to kill someone and they all laughed. BTW he plays goalie.

I just mention college kids since that's the exact age that Kane is. And many of these stories are far worse than this incident. But since this was the only one made public, it's Kane that everyone wants to throw under the bus, rather than realizing these things go way beyond just Pat Kane.