DNC now calling angry average Americans a mob

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister in law was covered under my brother's insurance ... when she was diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease so rare there are only about 500 known cases in the US. She was 36 years old. Her prognosis: her brain will slowly turn to mush, while her strong young body stays alive. She needed to go into a home. His healthcare wouldn't cover it. So ... with two young sons to raise, what would you have him do? Go bankrupt and move into a box? Throw her into a box?

What about my friend Angie who works at a Fortune 15 company? She was engaged to a very nice guy. They set a date. He lost his job, and a month after that was diagnosed with cancer. He was lucky and qualified for medicaid. If he married Angie, he'd lose that. But, Angie's healthcare plan wouldn't cover his pre-existing condition. Suddenly, marriage isn't really such a sacred institution, is it?

Sounds like something off the campaign trail

My friend's 36-year old wife was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and given about 10% chance of living. Fortunately HER medical benefits were extensive. Today, she's finishing her last handful of radiation treatments and thanks to very aggressive surgery and chemo, her tumors are gone.

Sorry to hear about your friends wife

Cancer = RJ

Not surprising that you'd automatically jump to that conclusion. Those - go on and say it, bigot-boy "Welfare Queens" of which you speak in veiled terms - are in the minority.

There are plenty of good, honest hardworking people who go bankrupt because they can't make the gap between their benefits and actual costs. My sister in law was covered under my brother's insurance ... when she was diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease so rare there are only about 500 known cases in the US. She was 36 years old. Her prognosis: her brain will slowly turn to mush, while her strong young body stays alive. She needed to go into a home. His healthcare wouldn't cover it. So ... with two young sons to raise, what would you have him do? Go bankrupt and move into a box? Throw her into a box?

What about my friend Angie who works at a Fortune 15 company? She was engaged to a very nice guy. They set a date. He lost his job, and a month after that was diagnosed with cancer. He was lucky and qualified for medicaid. If he married Angie, he'd lose that. But, Angie's healthcare plan wouldn't cover his pre-existing condition. Suddenly, marriage isn't really such a sacred institution, is it?

Why don't you come right out and admit that you think sick people give you the creeps and you don't like to be around them and it's their own fault for being sick?

I never said you give me the creeps.

There are plenty of good, honest hardworking people who go bankrupt because they can't make the gap between their benefits and actual costs. My sister in law was covered under my brother's insurance ... when she was diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease so rare there are only about 500 known cases in the US. She was 36 years old. Her prognosis: her brain will slowly turn to mush, while her strong young body stays alive. She needed to go into a home. His healthcare wouldn't cover it. So ... with two young sons to raise, what would you have him do? Go bankrupt and move into a box? Throw her into a box?

I hate to be redundant but how about a life insurance policy?

Why would anyone be surprised about this after the SEIU dude beat up the black conservative selling "Don't Tread On Me" flags in St. Louis? SEIU shows up...beats a black guy...and now the union is concerned with threats?

Got it.

The dude who got allegedly beat up is out of work and lost his health insurance. He's collecting donations for his medical bills. :thumbsup:

GLADNEY THE UNINSURED ACTIVIST.... Over the last few days, a conservative activist in St. Louis named Kenneth Gladney seems to have become something of a cause celebre in far-right circles. Depending on which version of events you choose to believe, Gladney either initiated or was involved in a scuffle at a town-hall event late last week.

At least one prominent conservative blogger said Gladney was "brutally attacked" by SEIU members outside the event. After watching the video, there's ample reason for skepticism. Gladney was, in fact, pulled to the ground during the fracas, but he seemed to bounce back up quickly, and is seen walking around soon after without any obvious injuries. His attorney has argued that Gladney was beaten during the fight, but there's nothing in the clip to support that.

Gladney later went to the hospital, claiming to have sustained injuries to his "knee, back, elbow, shoulder and face."

Yesterday, about 200 conservative activists held a protest outside the SEIU office in St. Louis. Gladney was there -- bandaged and in a wheelchair -- as a featured guest. Some of the activists held signs that read, "Don't Tread on Kenny." Reader R.D. alerted me to this tidbit in the local news account of the protest:

Gladney did not address Saturday's crowd of about 200 people. His attorney, David Brown, however, read a prepared statement Gladney wrote. "A few nights ago there was an assault on my liberty, and on yours, too." Brown read. "This should never happen in this country."

Supporters cheered. Brown finished by telling the crowd that Gladney is accepting donations toward his medical expenses.
Gladney told reporters he was recently laid off and has no health insurance
. [emphasis added]

Wait, the conservative opponent of health care reform, fighting (literally) to defeat a plan that would bring coverage to those who lose their jobs, lost his coverage because he got laid off?

I'm not in a position to say whether Gladney sustained genuine injuries or whether he's exaggerating for 15 minutes of Fox News fame and a lucrative out-of-court settlement.

Either way, the new right-wing cause celebre needs to take up a collection to pay for his medical bills because he doesn't have health insurance. It's a fascinating sign of the times.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/...9_08/019423.php

The dude who got allegedly beat up is out of work and lost his health insurance. He's collecting donations for his medical bills. :thumbsup:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/...9_08/019423.php

Yuk it up a-hole. A person expressing his 1st amendment rights gets beat up by 3 -4 union goons and all you can do is laugh.

Alledgedly??? It's on ta[e.

Yuk it up a-hole. A person expressing his 1st amendment rights gets beat up by 3 -4 union goons and all you can do is laugh.

Alledgedly??? It's on ta[e.

If you watch the video you couldn't say that with a straight face. He shows up at a rally in a wheelchair even though the video shows him walking around with no trouble for three full minutes after the incident, which was nothing. I read that he was on FOX today with his lawyer saying they are looking into trying to get this incident ruled as a "hate crime" because a BLACK GUY used a racial slur on him. :thumbsup:

Watch the full video, it's 5-6 minutes long.

EDIT: This whole thing is getting fishier and fishier. The guy yelling "They attacked him!" in the video is actually, guess who, Gladney's lawyer David Brown who is on the talk shows with him. So now Brown says he's a witness and can no longer be Gladney's lawyer so Brown's brother will now be Gladney's lawyer. And Brown now says that Gladney does have insurance through his wife's plan but is still asking for donations for his medical bills because, ahem, "Well, who doesn't need a donation?"

http://washingtonindependent.com/54511/gla...-alleged-attack

Was that brother from Harvard just expressing his first amendment rights?

Hypocrite.

People B word and piss and moan about "the government". Our government equips and trains the BEST military in the world. Our government provides services and facilities and infrastructure that we rely on every day just to get THROUGH our day. Is if perfect? No way. But all things considered we do damn well for ourselves in this country, and the government is a part of that. AND the government is a NONPROFIT entity, unlike the health insurance industry. They need profits and there's only one way for them to get them: at the expense of the patient.

:thumbsup:

I know, I liked that, too.

Yesterday, it was "The military is ill equipped!!!! The military is ill equipped!!!!....Crumbling infrastructure...caving in levies!!!!"

Today...they are all perfect.

Comical.

She didn't say it was perfect, that is far from the truth. I read her post as a comparsion to others in the world. Just because we are better off, do we stop trying, stop equipping the miltary, stop maintaining the infrastructure... No!

We can be so much better. Right now things are fine when everything is running well... Yet as nation we still run around having to put out the "fires"... IMO, that is not how we should operate... We should be planning for the future.

I think that is all she is trying to say... And that we still have it very great in what we get back compared to other parts of the world.

Some want to see it crumble and those "fires" are getting closer and closer together than what has happened in the past since 1929.

EEEVIL! EEEEVIL I SAY!

what do you think will happen when the gubmint starts rationing healthcare. And please, don't give me tha party line that it won't. As Tom has pointed out before, it WILL happen due to supply problems.

It won't happen to yours because you won't have the public plan. According to the CBO, only 11 million people TOTAL will go for the public plan. Besides, the private insurers ration care all day long every single day.

It won't happen to yours because you won't have the public plan. According to the CBO, only 11 million people TOTAL will go for the public plan. Besides, the private insurers ration care all day long every single day.

And Norwoods kick went right through the uprights.

And if and when they do, I can fight with them and have the option to go elsewhere for insurance.

Gubmint runs everything and what option do I have to "take my business elsewhere"? NONE.

Gubmint not running everything under this plan.

Nice straw man argument, though. :thumbsup: