Special type of hell for this person

Beerball

sad ... very sad

Chances are if she was both high and that drunk (and still functioning) she was likely addicted. If so, also likely that the family knew and did not or could not prompt a change.

Still just a horrible situation for all that were involved.

sad ... very sad

Chances are if she was both high and that drunk (and still functioning) she was likely addicted. If so, also likely that the family knew and did not or could not prompt a change.

Still just a horrible situation for all that were involved.

she was functioning?? I think your diagnosis may be wrong. Anyway alcohol and perhaps drugs is a bad combo---sounds like she had some kind of psychotic break.

.19 isnt that high, is it? i dont know. is it high enough to explain the behavior described by witnesses?

could she have been dosed? we got another "husband on a fishing trip"...

.19 is pretty damn drunk. Add in the fact that marijuana intensifies the effect and she was looped.

.19 isnt that high, is it? i dont know. is it high enough to explain the behavior described by witnesses?

I dunno, but this happened sometime after 9:30am when she last saw the husband.

.08 is the legal limit. .19 is over double that...about what you would be after a good night of drinking. .3 and above is binge drinking area and closing in on alcohol poisoning.

That's actually impressive in its own way, making it two full miles on the Taconic while going the wrong way and high as a kite. There's a good number of people who wouldn't make it two miles on the Taconic going the right way sober.

.08 is the legal limit. .19 is over double that...about what you would be after a good night of drinking. .3 and above is binge drinking area and closing in on alcohol poisoning.

According to Newsday she consumed the drinks (approximately 10) and smoked the weed after leaving the campground.

link

That's actually impressive in its own way, making it two full miles on the Taconic while going the wrong way and high as a kite. There's a good number of people who wouldn't make it two miles on the Taconic going the right way sober.

Damn right. The Taconic is pretty dark and very narrow, if memory serves me. I used to take it quite often when driving between Boston and NYC.

I always called it the "Gin and Taconic".

The two miles before the spot where it happened in Westchester is likely where the Taconic is still wide and relatively straight. I believe the kids' murder happened just where the road gets hairy.

edit - on second read, she was heading south from the hairy area.

Now the family lawyer says it may be a stroke or bad tooth that caused her to go the wrong way....

Taconic Drunk Driver Diane Schuler Was Diabetic, May Have Suffered Stroke, Says Lawyer

...He suggested anything from a stroke to gestational diabetes to even an abscessed tooth could have caused his wife to act irrationally in the hours before her death...

Now the family lawyer says it may be a stroke or bad tooth that caused her to go the wrong way....

Taconic Drunk Driver Diane Schuler Was Diabetic, May Have Suffered Stroke, Says Lawyer

...He suggested anything from a stroke to gestational diabetes to even an abscessed tooth could have caused his wife to act irrationally in the hours before her death...

Yeah, a common side-effect of advanced tooth decay is thinking you're driving in !@#$ing England. :worthy:

Yeah, a common side-effect of advanced tooth decay is thinking you're driving in !@#$ing England. :thumbdown:
Hmm, considering the state of English Dentistry, she'd probably have fit right in, across the pond. I'm fairly certain they never got beyond the Blacksmith & tongs phase over there...

I used to live about 2 miles from the Taconic, in Dutchess County. They actually closed down the at-grade intersections because of concerns around T-bone and wrong-way collisions. That section in Putnam County where you're right up against that artificial rock wall when northbound has to be one of the scariest drives in the Northeast, particularly during rush hour. On the other hand, driving through Columbia County was easy... but the cops actually patrol that section looking for revenue.