stevestojan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading Travis to the Cards would be kinda mean on our part... :flirt:

Whats that you say Travis?  You want to be the sole starter and have the offense revolve around you?  Why, do we have the place for you then!  Bring your sunblock!

109509[/snapback]

:doh:

Come on Ice. In a post where we aren't talking anything negative or positive you have to throw in that cheap shot?

And, you are wrong on that. There is no way the Bills draft in the top 10.

109499[/snapback]

Really? how do you figure? We are still 3-5. odds are 3-6 after Sunday night. Then 2 more road games in the 4 games past that. I am not taking a cheap shot at all, just stating that most likely we WILL be drafting in the top 10. No biggie.

Really? how do you figure?  We are still 3-5. odds are 3-6 after Sunday night. Then 2 more road games in the 4 games past that. I am not taking  a cheap shot at all, just stating that most likely we WILL be drafting in the top 10. No biggie.

109519[/snapback]

Even if we drop the game to NE and drop the game out in Seattle, the way the schedule wraps up, we have a good shot at going 9-7 at best and 7-9 at worst. There is absolutley no way 7-9 will be bad enough to be in the top 10. Not when there are 12 other teams right now with the same (or worse) record as the Bills.

Lighten up buddy :flirt:

I strongly disagree.  Corey Dillon (who's statistics are actually not as good as Henrys) was completely ineffective last year when he played and then went on to throw his little temper tantrum on the sidelines before they benched him for the season in favor of Rudi Johnson.  And the Bengals STILL traded him away for a 2nd.  Henry, who is younger and has put up numbers that were better then Dillon's best years, was ineffective but has shown he can succeed.  A team will cough up a 2nd rounder for him, I guarantee that.  A first rounder?  HELL NO.  A 2nd rounder...sure.

109486[/snapback]

i guess we'll see.

trades are tough to complete in the NFL. example-the Pack took much less than they wanted for McKenzie. the papers were all saying a 1st. i'm just being realistic and not drinking the T Henry kool ade.

how can we say in one thread that willis m = 3 wins; t henry = 5 losses and then say T Henry is worth a 2nd round pick.

We may just be best off keeping two seconds Steve. The second round can usually still be a gold mine for top centers, guards, and corners and safetys who have high upside. Once in a while you can even find a Marvel Smith or Mike Pearson at tackle.

109442[/snapback]

Given what we need, offensive lineman, the second rounders would be fine. I think we need more depth at WR since Moulds can't play forever and neither Reed nor Sam Aiken look to be worthy of being starters. Throw in the loss of Shaw and I think we need to go for yet another WR. Drew is likely gone next year and if that is the case, we need a back up for JP. We will probably look for a veteran to fill that role but another young QB is not out of the question. I don't think Posey is really as good as the rest of the defense so we should keep our eye out for a LB with speed. A guard, a center and even another tackle would be high on the list, especially guard. FS remains a concern as Reese is adequate at best. I am not happy with either McGee or Thomas as a starting CB and if the plan is to move Vincent to FS, then we would have to move CB up to near the top of the list.

One way to look at what we need is to look at who you would like to see off the roster next year. I think Wire, Reed, Pucillo, Denney, Haggan, Drew, Neufeld and Smith are all pretty high on the list of guys that will likely be gone. That means we need guards big time.

HA! Drew is going no where, we are stuck with him. We will be blessed if JP gets to see the field this year :flirt:

FA for a backup WR. Too many #3's out there running around. hell call up the CFL for a #4 if need be.

I think we have two 2nds and go OL with BOTH of them.

Let's not forget....we didn't lose our first rd pick...we already used it on Losman. So any trades involving Travis and whoever would be adding a first round pick or (more likely) making up for the 2nd round pick lost in the Losman trade.

I don tthink travis cares where he plays as long as hes gonna be THE MAN wherever he goes. Sign and trade isn't too out of the question, I also would not be surprised to see us move Henry and a pick in exchange for a higher pick than we would've gotten in return for just Henry. Who knows, theres a lot of teams in this league that are always looking for that little edge to put them over the top, remember, the dolphins traded 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley.

We may just be best off keeping two seconds Steve. The second round can usually still be a gold mine for top centers, guards, and corners and safetys who have high upside. Once in a while you can even find a Marvel Smith or Mike Pearson at tackle.

109442[/snapback]

I agree. Except on those few special players that come around every few years, 1st round OL are generally not a good value. There may be a better value to the team in having 2 second rounders than one 1st rounder.

When a unproven RB from St. Louis was exchanged for a 3rd round pick

by the dolphins, I don't see any reason why the bills can't get a 2nd or

higher...It all depends on the FA market next year.....Which RB's are

going to be avialble (plus the draft).....If there is a bidding war for

Travis Henry, then the bills do hvae the advantage to dictate the terms.

I never thought I'd say this but

if Drew can play the rest of the year like he played against the Jets,

he may end up being good trade bait for a low #1 pick

if TD can find the right team & right situation.

Only 32 with a very favorable contract.

Do we have anyone that could get us a first rounder that we would be willing to let go?

I think this is a viable option:

Trade Henry for a late 2nd rounder (hopefully).

Then, trade both of our then 2nd rounders for a first round pick, hopefully getting us either the drafts nastiest OLineman or DB.

Besides that, I dont see anyone worth trading to get a 1st rounder. Moulds? Hell no. I wouldnt trade him right now for a 1st and a 3rd.

Ideas?

109432[/snapback]

Why do you even want it back? I'm happy with getting a second rounder for Henry and having 2 second round picks. Use those on offensive lineman which in that round there are always many to choose from. I want to spend the first rounder money we would have had to use on a free agent offensive linemen or a quality backup runningback.

Look at the brightside, if we trade Henry for a 2nd rounder, we can get an extra 3 hours sleep on Saturday morning! :lol:

Seriously, i'd much rather have two 2nd rounders than a top 15 1st rounder. No need to kill our salary cap now since we still have alot to do before being competitive again.

Drew's contract is as favorable as Rosie O'Donnell naked.

109857[/snapback]

:lol:

After the Bills ate the bonus &

IF Drew became a upper-echelon QB,

his salary would be quite reasonable when compared to say Peyton Manning.

I strongly disagree.  Corey Dillon (who's statistics are actually not as good as Henrys) was completely ineffective last year when he played and then went on to throw his little temper tantrum on the sidelines before they benched him for the season in favor of Rudi Johnson.  And the Bengals STILL traded him away for a 2nd.  Henry, who is younger and has put up numbers that were better then Dillon's best years, was ineffective but has shown he can succeed.  A team will cough up a 2nd rounder for him, I guarantee that.  A first rounder?  HELL NO.  A 2nd rounder...sure.

109486[/snapback]

I don't think they are comparable. Dillon is a very tough inside runner, hits the hole very hard, has the best straight-arm in football, never quits, has exceptional speed, and is a good catcher who routinely comes back on pass plays for a quick dump-off by a harried quarterback. He's a fair blocker - in his time with Cincy, he'd get a handful of pancake jobs, but is good at slowing down a rusher if called on to do so.

Also, regarding the Pats coughing up a #2 - they were flush with top round picks which they might not have been able to afford in the first place had they used them.

You have to look at the potential buyers out there:

Raiders - Rumor has it that Al Davis wants Ricky. Ricky owes the Fins big time, so he needs football to support his recreational activities.

Cardinals - Denny Green will turn this team around. Problem is, they'll be a pass first team and I don't think Henry fits with Green's program.

Dallas - I see this as the most likely scenario. George was a great back, but he's done. The Boys still don't know what they have in Julius Jones. He'll see time towards the end of the season, but if he doesn't impress Travis is Parcells' type of back.

Fins - No way Ricky heads back to the fins, but how many draft picks does Miami have left? I think they used a 2nd on Lamar Gordon. Do you really want to trade Travis in the division and until the Felons name a new HC, who knows what direction they're going. They did give up a 2nd for Feeley, so we can probably get three firsts out of them.

Colts - can they sign Marvin and Edge with Peyton's contract on the books?

Long Shots:

Lions - Jones has been banged up and has flat out sucked when he's healthy. They used a high pick on him, so they'll probably continue to try this experiment at least another year. Rogers returning next year will help....at least for the few games until he goes on IR.

Bengals - I don't think they're sold on Rudi. I think the plan was to bring in Perry as the heir apparent and trade (not sure of rudi's FA status) Rudi in the offseason. Granted the Bengals O line is decimated, but Johnson has struggled, and Perry hasn't even had his shot.

Seahawks - I believe Alexander is a free agent and the way Holmgren has jerked him around, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.

Eagles - Is Westbrook/Buckhalter the answer?

Also, what backs coming out of college would rate a #1 pick? At least a few of these teams will go that route.