How can we get our #1 pick back?

stevestojan

Do we have anyone that could get us a first rounder that we would be willing to let go?

I think this is a viable option:

Trade Henry for a late 2nd rounder (hopefully).

Then, trade both of our then 2nd rounders for a first round pick, hopefully getting us either the drafts nastiest OLineman or DB.

Besides that, I dont see anyone worth trading to get a 1st rounder. Moulds? Hell no. I wouldnt trade him right now for a 1st and a 3rd.

Ideas?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We may just be best off keeping two seconds Steve. The second round can usually still be a gold mine for top centers, guards, and corners and safetys who have high upside. Once in a while you can even find a Marvel Smith or Mike Pearson at tackle.

Thats probably the best way to go at it. I suppose we could package Henry and our 2nd round pick and that would get us a 1st rounder, but I'd only do that if it was a top 15 pick we would get in return.

Straight up though, Henry will be traded for a 2nd rounder. No way any team offers anything more for him. What about teams that would be interested in Henry though, any thoughts? I've got a feeling that Al Davis will be a callin' after this season is over...

Don't want a first round pick.  Much rather spend that money on a proven productive veteran.

109445[/snapback]

Good point :doh: At least we won't have to worry about paying some rookie first round $$ next year. Never thought of it that way! :flirt:

We may just be best off keeping two seconds Steve. The second round can usually still be a gold mine for top centers, guards, and corners and safetys who have high upside. Once in a while you can even find a Marvel Smith or Mike Pearson at tackle.

109442[/snapback]

I agree, I'd rather have two seconds then a 1st rounder and nothing until the 3rd round (unless the 1st rounder is a high 1st rounder). Our glaring needs are on the O-Line and CB depth, and you can still get very solid players in the 2nd round from those two positions.

Does anyone know who is a FA next year? I haven't seen a list yet. Just curious.

109449[/snapback]

Check out the Jets free agents this offseason:

- Shaun Ellis

- Jason Ferguson

- Kareem McKenzie

- John Abraham

- Anthony Becht

- Lamont Jordan

With the huge contract they gave Pennington, word is they'll only to be able to sign ONE of these guys. Anyone up for a Redskinesque raping of the Jets in free agency?

Thats probably the best way to go at it.  I suppose we could package Henry and our 2nd round pick and that would get us a 1st rounder, but I'd only do that if it was a top 15 pick we would get in return.

Straight up though, Henry will be traded for a 2nd rounder.  No way any team offers anything more for him.  What about teams that would be interested in Henry though, any thoughts?  I've got a feeling that Al Davis will be a callin' after this season is over...

109444[/snapback]

we will be lucky to get a low 3rd or 4th for Henry. we are tremendously over valuing him here on this board.

he did nothing in the Jets game when he spelled Willis. he has no, lost his, vision. can't get outside, gets hurt etc.

he does play hurt and can run through an inside hole. that's about it.

maybe we find a dummy GM that doesn't understand that we need to trade him and will take what we can get. maybe then we get a 2nd but the stars have to align for that to happen.

let's be realsitic 3rd or more likely 4th.

Check out the Jets free agents this offseason:

- Shaun Ellis

- Jason Ferguson

- Kareem McKenzie

- John Abraham

- Anthony Becht 

- Lamont Jordan

With the huge contract they gave Pennington, word is they'll only to be able to sign ONE of these guys.  Anyone up for a Redskinesque raping of the Jets in free agency?

109457[/snapback]

McKenzie would be nice to add, especially if the bills lose JJ

we will be lucky to get a low 3rd or 4th for Henry. we are tremendously over valuing him here on this board.

he did nothing in the Jets game when he spelled Willis. he has no, lost his, vision. can't get outside, gets hurt etc.

he does play hurt and can run through an inside hole. that's about it.

maybe we find a dummy GM that doesn't understand that we need to trade him and will take what we can get. maybe then we get a 2nd but the stars have to align for that to happen.

let's be realsitic 3rd or more likely 4th.

109460[/snapback]

I strongly disagree. Corey Dillon (who's statistics are actually not as good as Henrys) was completely ineffective last year when he played and then went on to throw his little temper tantrum on the sidelines before they benched him for the season in favor of Rudi Johnson. And the Bengals STILL traded him away for a 2nd. Henry, who is younger and has put up numbers that were better then Dillon's best years, was ineffective but has shown he can succeed. A team will cough up a 2nd rounder for him, I guarantee that. A first rounder? HELL NO. A 2nd rounder...sure.

Don't want a first round pick.  Much rather spend that money on a proven productive veteran.

109445[/snapback]

Amen! Besides we will still draft in the top 10 and that isn't bad in the 2nd at all. I would try to package henry to say the Raiders for their 2nd which should be a top 5. Maybe their 4th as well.

We could tear the Jets a new one in free agency if we play our cards right! They got some guys who would help us tremendously.

109483[/snapback]

Well, you have to figure they are going to spend their money to assure that Abraham stays a Jet. And we have no use for Jordan (who will want to be a starter whereever he goes) or Becht or really Ferguson.

That leaves McKenzie and Ellis. Ellis will come with a large pricetag and the way Kelsay has been playing we may be better off leaving him in the lineup (with his very cap friendly number) than overpaying for Ellis.

So the only real name I see on this list is McKenzie. However, the Jets will indeed be hurting after losing the names on this list!

Amen!  Besides we will still draft in the top 10 and that isn't bad in the 2nd at all. I would try to package henry to say the Raiders for their 2nd which should be a top 5. Maybe their 4th as well.

109489[/snapback]

I'd be down with that trade ICE...hell, just a regular early 2nd rounder for him with no other picks in the deal would be fine and dandy with me.

Besides we will still draft in the top 10

109489[/snapback]

Come on Ice. In a post where we aren't talking anything negative or positive you have to throw in that cheap shot?

And, you are wrong on that. There is no way the Bills draft in the top 10.

nobody is going to trade for travis with only 1 year left on his contract. travis would have to agree to a sign-and-trade deal, which sorta gives him some leverage. If he doesn't want to be a cardinal, for example, he won't sign an extension pre-trade.

His value has diminished due to his performance in the first 5 games. It wasn't all his fault, with 9 man boxes and tough defenses and a line that didn't yet have a clue...but still.

It's not going to be easy, and might require a package deal if we want a 1st rounder. You know, a Travis, Prileau, Kevin Thomas for a first rounder...sorta thing.

Who knows...

nobody is going to trade for travis with only 1 year left on his contract. travis would have to agree to a sign-and-trade deal, which sorta gives him some leverage. If he doesn't want to be a cardinal, for example, he won't sign an extension pre-trade.

His value has diminished due to his performance in the first 5 games. It wasn't all his fault, with 9 man boxes and tough defenses and a line that didn't yet have a clue...but still.

It's not going to be easy, and might require a package deal if we want a 1st rounder. You know, a Travis, Prileau, Kevin Thomas for a first rounder...sorta thing.

Who knows...

109506[/snapback]

Trading Travis to the Cards would be kinda mean on our part... :flirt:

Whats that you say Travis? You want to be the sole starter and have the offense revolve around you? Why, do we have the place for you then! Bring your sunblock!