How can we get our #1 pick back?

stevestojan

Eagles - Is Westbrook/Buckhalter the answer?

109967[/snapback]

Good analysis. I have said it for a while now that I think Philly is the perfect place for Trav. Philly needs a bruiser like Travis, and they are going to have a very low pick (if not in the 30s then 28 or 29).

In that instance, TD might very well be able to pry a First rounder from them, but he would definitely get a 2nd rounder if they do indeed pick in the high 20s or 30s.

Either would be good for the Bills because 1) it deals Henry out of the conference (a big plus) and 2) a low first rounder or second rounder gives the Bills the chance to select a very good player for not that large of a cap hit and get something for nothing essentially.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have anyone that could get us a first rounder that we would be willing to let go?

I think this is a viable option:

Trade Henry for a late 2nd rounder (hopefully).

Then, trade both of our then 2nd rounders for a first round pick, hopefully getting us either the drafts nastiest OLineman or DB.

Besides that, I dont see anyone worth trading to get a 1st rounder. Moulds? Hell no. I wouldnt trade him right now for a 1st and a 3rd.

Ideas?

109432[/snapback]

You forget we already got our first rounder and that is JP. I say keep the two seconds and see if maybe someone will give ya a second and 4th for Henry and than package the 4th if ya need to move up in second round to get someone ya want, All depends on how we end season etc.

HA! Drew is going no where, we are stuck with him. We will be blessed if JP gets to see the field this year  :lol:

FA for a backup WR. Too many #3's out there running around. hell call up the CFL for a #4 if need be.

I think we have two 2nds and go OL with BOTH of them.

109583[/snapback]

Nope I see Drew gone and hope to get a few draft picks say 3rd and 4th from someone like Dallas. Parcells likes the guy lets see what we can get. I dont want a first rounder but say Dallas second rounder or 3rd still gives us some damn good picks.

You forget we already got our first rounder and that is JP.  I say keep the two seconds and see if maybe someone will give ya a second and 4th for Henry and than package the 4th if ya need to move up in second round to get someone ya want,  All depends on how we end season etc.

109983[/snapback]

We have two seconds? I think we trade henry then we could have 2 seconds.

We have two seconds?  I think we trade henry then we could have 2 seconds.

109995[/snapback]

No I am assuming we can trade TH for a second rounder. Send him to someone like Raiders so its a low second and than see if can get another 2nd rounder for Drew. I like the idea of three second round with two going to OL and one to DL.

We may just be best off keeping two seconds Steve. The second round can usually still be a gold mine for top centers, guards, and corners and safetys who have high upside. Once in a while you can even find a Marvel Smith or Mike Pearson at tackle.

109442[/snapback]

I just knew that Mike Pearson was going to be a solid LT coming out of college.....when he went in the 2nd round I just shook my head

Don't foget the Texans Kevbeau. Are they truly sold on Domanick Davis? Travis could be a missing ingredient for a team like the Texans. Also, me too JohnFromHemet, I was keeping my eye on Pearson as well. I think Micheal Munoz could be this drafts Mike Pearson.............

we will be lucky to get a low 3rd or 4th for Henry. we are tremendously over valuing him here on this board.

he did nothing in the Jets game when he spelled Willis. he has no, lost his, vision. can't get outside, gets hurt etc.

he does play hurt and can run through an inside hole. that's about it.

maybe we find a dummy GM that doesn't understand that we need to trade him and will take what we can get. maybe then we get a 2nd but the stars have to align for that to happen.

let's be realsitic 3rd or more likely 4th.

109460[/snapback]

If we can't get a 2nd I say we keep him.

Don't foget the Texans Kevbeau. Are they truly sold on Domanick Davis? Travis could be a missing ingredient for a team like the Texans. Also, me too JohnFromHemet, I was keeping my eye on Pearson as well. I think Micheal Munoz could be this drafts Mike Pearson.............

110258[/snapback]

The knock on Davis is his durability, but Wells has shown he could fill in adequately...not to mention they still don't know what they have in Hollings. Davis is also an excellent reciever out of the backfield and Carr leans on him when up against good DB's. If I remember correctly Wells was a 2nd rounder, the Texans used a 2nd rounder in the supplemental draft on Hollings and Davis was a fourth rounder. I don't see them parting with a high pick when chances are one of those three will be more than adequate. Scoring hasn't been a big issue for Houston, so the Texans will most likely be more concerned with their secondary in the offseason as opposed to their running game....but hey, who knows.

Most of the mock drafts I've seen thus far have two backs definitely going in the first round. Carnell Williams of Auburn and Cedric Benson of UT are definites, with the other kid from Auburn (Cobb?) and Cedric Houston from Tenn being borderline 1st/2nd. The teams I've seen drafting RB's in mocks are the Iggles, Bucs, Cards & Seahawks....so that's the market. I'm suprised not to see the Cowboys on the list, but their D has been horrid, so they might have greater problems. I still think Parcells would love to have Henry. Throw in the Raiders, Felons & Colts, we have 8 teams looking for a RB.

I just don't think Henry would fit into Denny Green's system. The Seahawks have FA's with Hasselback, Walter Jones and Alexander so I expect them to use Maurice Morris and get a good rookie for the cheap backup. That leaves Philly & the Bucs, with Henry (theoretically) being the 4th best back on the market behind Alexander, Edge and Williams....plus two teams going with Cadillac and Benson. To me that leaves him as the 7th option, although if he could be signed to agreeable contract, he could move up.

Fins - Edge

Raiders - Williams

Bucs/AZ/Seahawks - One gets Alexander, the other two go draft.

Cowgirls, Eagles & Colts - Henry???

If we get a 2nd rounder I'd be extremely happy.