Trade Josh Reed to Baltimore

Baltimore may be desperate and the Bills don't need him. A LB or a draft pick would be a good deal. Good organizations take advantage of others at times like this. If they like Steve Johnson as much as they say they do, then there is no room for one of the following - Parrish, Reed, or Hardy. Parrish brings return ability and is more explosive after the catch. It is to soon to give up on Hardy and he has no trade value. The TE may also be a viable target this year. I like Reed but he is overpaid and may be no better than the fourth best WR on the team. Please don't post how they can keep 6 WR's. Yes they can, but the diluted playing time is a poor use of a roster spot. Pardon one disclaimer - If Hardy can't contribute at all this year it would have to be a really good trade to move Reed.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They do need Reed. He's the third-best reciever on the team, and by far the best slot reciever.

If we were going to trade anyone, it would be Roscoe.

The problem is that the Ravens don't just need recievers. They need #1 and #2 guys, and we don't have anyone like that on our team, anyone proven, that is, outside of Lee and T.O., who we certainly aren't going to trade.

Baltimore is begging Derrick Mason to come out of retirement, which i think he will in the next few days, plus more than likely T.O. will be gone after next season which means the major WR depth is only a one-season convenience.... So why would we trade a sure fire 3rd down receiver who happens to be one the league's premier blocking wide receivers as well? Did you see the games last year he wasn't in the lineup and notice the offense just was not as good?

Unless some team calls and offers a stupid deal for him (which they won't) then he is well worth 2.5 mil a year.

Just my opinion.

yea great idea, lets trade our best possession receiver and our best blocking WR..... my god where do people come up with these idiotic ideas????? :rolleyes:;)

Idiotic? We are stocked at the WR position and it would be beneficial to pick up a player or draft pick that could help in other areas of need. Baltimore is ripe for the picking right now. What's so idiotic about that homie?

Idiotic? We are stocked at the WR position and it would be beneficial to pick up a player or draft pick that could help in other areas of need. Baltimore is ripe for the picking right now. What's so idiotic about that homie?

So lets get rid of our second best WR last season? Reed has been as consistent as you can ask, is a great blocker, and seems to always find the first down marker and gets the job done. If we trade any of our WR's it would need to be Parrish, getting rid of Reed is an idiotic move IMO

If you have 2 number 1 WR's for the first time since Reed-Lofton, you need a good downfield blocker. There are few better than Josh Reed. I would be trading for a backup ILB, and the Ravens don't have one of those.

If we were going to trade anyone, it would be Roscoe.
I wouldn't mind moving...Parrish.

Roscoe's only value to anyone is as a punt returner. He's generously listed at 5'9" 171 lbs, has yet to prove he can provide anything more than 1 to 2 gadget plays a game. Why people think any team would want that midget to line up as a starter on offense is beyond me.

So lets get rid of our second best WR last season? Reed has been as consistent as you can ask, is a great blocker, and seems to always find the first down marker and gets the job done. If we trade any of our WR's it would need to be Parrish, getting rid of Reed is an idiotic move IMO

Bingo ... Keep Reed

Reed is one of the better slot receivers in this league. There is no reason to put him on the trading block. The guy knows how to get open. With all the attention owens and evans are going to get Reed is going to have the season of his career; especially given the fact he is entering a contract year...He is NOT underpaid.....lets just hold the line...no need to trade anyone....Hardy may not be around anymore anyway...and by the way dont forget that the bills are going to be doing alot of 4 wr looks this year

You could've said this for your post instead:

"Hi, I'm sharper802 and I don't know a single thing about football."

Why on earth would you trade (for a draft pick?) an experienced, veteran slot receiver, who is also your best run blocker on the team, when you finally have two great outside WRs to open up the middle? This really is the most idiotic non-Skooby post I've seen here in ages.

Baltimore may be desperate and the Bills don't need him. A LB or a draft pick would be a good deal. Good organizations take advantage of others at times like this. If they like Steve Johnson as much as they say they do, then there is no room for one of the following - Parrish, Reed, or Hardy. Parrish brings return ability and is more explosive after the catch. It is to soon to give up on Hardy and he has no trade value. The TE may also be a viable target this year. I like Reed but he is overpaid and may be no better than the fourth best WR on the team. Please don't post how they can keep 6 WR's. Yes they can, but the diluted playing time is a poor use of a roster spot. Pardon one disclaimer - If Hardy can't contribute at all this year it would have to be a really good trade to move Reed.

:rolleyes:

Owens is a very good blocker, we'll have to see who's better.

Good point, but at least with what we know with Reed as seeing him over the last few years he is clearly been the best blocker for the Bills, but I am looking forward to seeing what Owens and Reed can do together

I don't believe this would be in the best interest of the team. With Reed we get a very good possession receiver and a great blocking WR. If you want big running plays, you need that downfield blocking. This will prove particularly effective with both Evans and Owens on the outside.

Parrish has shown time and again that he isn't an every offensive play kind of receiver. He's just not physical enough, and that is exactly what we need in the slot. Reed going would be particularly beneficial to Hardy and Johnson. Experience is invaluable and they would both get that with Reed gone.

In the long term it may be good to give our young receivers more game time, but for just the upcoming season keeping Reed in the slot will give us a better chance of breaking the 7-9 plateau.

Owens is a very good blocker, we'll have to see who's better.

I agree Owens is a helluva downfield blocker. His hustle to do so is amazing. All heart.

But a good blocking receiver in the slot is much more valuable to the running game from a strategic point of view so having Reed there is a bonus (he said with a firm grasp of the obvious).

So it doesn't matter to me who the better blocker is. It's just nice knowing we have receivers that can get the job done. I hope some of it rubs off on Lee. He's terrible at it.

GO BILLS!!!