Trade Josh Reed to Baltimore

Baltimore may be desperate and the Bills don't need him. A LB or a draft pick would be a good deal. Good organizations take advantage of others at times like this. If they like Steve Johnson as much as they say they do, then there is no room for one of the following - Parrish, Reed, or Hardy. Parrish brings return ability and is more explosive after the catch. It is to soon to give up on Hardy and he has no trade value. The TE may also be a viable target this year. I like Reed but he is overpaid and may be no better than the fourth best WR on the team. Please don't post how they can keep 6 WR's. Yes they can, but the diluted playing time is a poor use of a roster spot. Pardon one disclaimer - If Hardy can't contribute at all this year it would have to be a really good trade to move Reed.

Yeah, brilliant idea. Trade him for a draft pick. Let's keep thinking about next year. Hell, why don't we just skip all the discussion about the upcoming season and go right into draft mode. Geeesh.

The Bills were 0-3 in the games he missed. His blocking is outstanding. You wouldn't know that, being a minimally aware viewer of the game, I'm sure you focus only on the area where the ball is. There's a lot going on beyond the 3 yards surrounding the ball carrier that plays a big part in the success of the play.

Reed was the most sure-handed receiver on the team, and one of the tops in the league in catch percentage. He was dilligent about protecting the ball and didn't get a lot RAC, but he got in position and made first downs when they were needed.

Why would the Bills, who have targeted their offense as the unit that needs the most improvement, ship off one of their most dependable offensive weapons?

I swear, some of the people who post on this forum don't have a clue.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me you aren't serious about that last bolded part of your post. Please tell me that. Was there a rave or something last night, where some of you are still high from smoking weed or something?

Just testing: I find the thickness of the skulls of the posters at this site to be Neanderthal-esque.

Ditto re. "Chunky Soup" (but don't tell anybody).

Yeah, brilliant idea. Trade him for a draft pick. Let's keep thinking about next year. Hell, why don't we just skip all the discussion about the upcoming season and go right into draft mode. Geeesh.

The Bills were 0-3 in the games he missed. His blocking is outstanding. You wouldn't know that, being a minimally aware viewer of the game, I'm sure you focus only on the area where the ball is. There's a lot going on beyond the 3 yards surrounding the ball carrier that plays a big part in the success of the play.

Reed was the most sure-handed receiver on the team, and one of the tops in the league in catch percentage. He was dilligent about protecting the ball and didn't get a lot RAC, but he got in position and made first downs when they were needed.

Why would the Bills, who have targeted their offense as the unit that needs the most improvement, ship off one of their most dependable offensive weapons?

I swear, some of the people who post on this forum don't have a clue.

Do you know why we all know that Reed is a good blocker? Because that's the kind of crap that comes out when you really are a mediocre WR. So great, there's a lot going on beyond three yards down the field. It just so happens that our line sucks, and his blocks rarely matter anyway. And furthermore, if one of our backs gets someone from the opposing defense one on one in space, I don't really want to count on a Josh Reed block to spring him for a TD. Our RB should be able to do that on his own. I want my WR's to make plays. Whether you are in the slot, the #1, #2, or #3.....I want them to change games.

I don't want a medicore #3 WR on another teams medicore nickel DB. I want a mismatch. I want a guy with a clue abusing that nickel CB. Josh Reed is NOT that guy. He has a high completion PCT.......WHOOOOPEEEEEE. So, a pro WR can catch all the 6 yard passes thrown his way. Gee, way to aim high. He does zero after the catch, and rarely catches the ball moving.

Josh Reed is not that good. Period. He's the poster child of mediocre.

Hopping Steve Johnson wins the 3rd reciever roll myself. Feel he is a better talent, adds some height, and doesnt fold under pressure like Reed has seemed to when he was a starter. If he wins the 3rd, parrish would be a descent fit for 4th, as they typically dont jam much when in 4 reciever sets, and getting off line when jammed is an issue for him. Doubt they trade Reed, but if Johnson continues to improve, doubt Reed gets on the field near as much as has in past few seasons anyways.

That's a possibility, but SJ hasn't (to my knowledge) established himself as being as dependable as Reed has been in clutch 3rd down passing situations. That position requires someone very sure-handed.

No I would not Trade Reed for anybody right now.

Reed in my eyes is a poor mans Hines Ward ...without the TD catches. Plus he is one of the tougher players the Bills have right now.

You don't make your team better by trading Josh Reed.

You wouldn't trade him for anybody, yet he's a poor man's Hines Ward? So does that mean you wouldn't trade him for Ward either?

This Josh Reed love is mind-boggling. He's mediocre at best. He's had success recently because of Edwards' penchant to throw short passes in favour of riskier ones, but the guy isn't anything special. If the offensive coaches had any creativity whatsoever, they'd try to get Parrish the ball more often. I know that's been the refrain for years now, but don't blame Parrish for it. He's right...they don't use him to the best of his abilities.

They do need Reed. He's the third-best reciever on the team, and by far the best slot reciever.

If we were going to trade anyone, it would be Roscoe.

The problem is that the Ravens don't just need recievers. They need #1 and #2 guys, and we don't have anyone like that on our team, anyone proven, that is, outside of Lee and T.O., who we certainly aren't going to trade.

I think "third best receiver" is arguable.

That's a possibility, but SJ hasn't (to my knowledge) established himself as being as dependable as Reed has been in clutch 3rd down passing situations. That position requires someone very sure-handed.

Yep.

He played in 11 games, 1 start, 10 catches total, no more than 1 catch per game.

2 td catches, 1 in a loss and 1 in a win.

SJ is what he is, an inexperienced player. Cashiering out Reed make no sense.

Do you know why we all know that Reed is a good blocker? Because that's the kind of crap that comes out when you really are a mediocre WR. So great, there's a lot going on beyond three yards down the field. It just so happens that our line sucks, and his blocks rarely matter anyway. And furthermore, if one of our backs gets someone from the opposing defense one on one in space, I don't really want to count on a Josh Reed block to spring him for a TD. Our RB should be able to do that on his own. I want my WR's to make plays. Whether you are in the slot, the #1, #2, or #3.....I want them to change games.

I don't want a medicore #3 WR on another teams medicore nickel DB. I want a mismatch. I want a guy with a clue abusing that nickel CB. Josh Reed is NOT that guy. He has a high completion PCT.......WHOOOOPEEEEEE. So, a pro WR can catch all the 6 yard passes thrown his way. Gee, way to aim high. He does zero after the catch, and rarely catches the ball moving.

Josh Reed has been playing out of position since Price went to Atlanta. Ironically it was Reed's threat as a slot receiver his rookie year, along with Moulds' presence, that helped Price land that big deal with Atlanta. Very similar to the kind of threats we have now. I agree he's a mediocre wideout but he is an outstanding slot man where blocking skills are more essential. You can discount his blocking all you want and claim it doesn't matter and claim it is made up mythology to compensate for his lack of skill as a receiver. But in doing that you show a diminished appreciation for what's happening on the field.

GO BILLS!!!

You wouldn't trade him for anybody, yet he's a poor man's Hines Ward? So does that mean you wouldn't trade him for Ward either?

This Josh Reed love is mind-boggling. He's mediocre at best. He's had success recently because of Edwards' penchant to throw short passes in favour of riskier ones, but the guy isn't anything special. If the offensive coaches had any creativity whatsoever, they'd try to get Parrish the ball more often. I know that's been the refrain for years now, but don't blame Parrish for it. He's right...they don't use him to the best of his abilities.

Player-for-player trades being very rare in the NFL, would you like Reed to be traded to MIA for some future consideration?

My guess is that Penny would be pleased.

Do you know why we all know that Reed is a good blocker? Because that's the kind of crap that comes out when you really are a mediocre WR.

Um, no. The reason we all know Reed is a good blocker is that ... he's a good blocker. We all know that Hines Ward is a good blocker too. Is he mediocre?

Who peed in your Wheaties this morning? Reed was pretty clutch on 3rd downs last year. And, as others have stated, he's a damn good blocker.

Here's the question: WOULD THE RAVENS WANT JOSH REED?

The answer to that would be no. They aren't looking for a slot guy. They want a #1 WR, or at least a guy who will be threatening on the outside.

Reed has shown that he is very good in the slot. However, when we played him at #2, he simply hasn't been very good. That's where a lot of the hate for Josh comes from. People saw him playing on the outside, not his natural position, and expected him to put up big numbers. That's not his game.

The Ravens want a guy to replace Bennett. Reed is NOT the guy.

The Bills don't have a guy like that that they would trade. They have two, Evans and T.O. Neither one is going anywhere. Give up on this.

So do you feel the same way now that Steve Johnson is hurt and Hardy isn't ready to play either? Lets drop Reed because then we might have a healthy Owens, Evans, Parrish.... then who? Felton Huggins, CJ Hawthorne? Your right.

Everyone always complains about depth but lets be honest, without Reed and a fully healthy Hardy we don't have it at receiver. Roscoe is not a #3 anywhere in the league and Steve Johnson isn't ready either. If all of these guys were set to play up a spot we wouldn't have thrown 6.5 Million at Owens.

Reed is what he is, a damn good possession receiver who is not afraid to go over the middle. Bottom line is that having a good third wr and not an average third wr makes owens and evans that much better and that much more of a threat than they already are.

I like what Josh Reed bring to this team outside catching passes....

Like I said he is one of the tougher guys on the team(we need more of those guys) and is great in the locker room. .And is more than a willing blocker.

Until Johnson or Hardy(who is hurt by the way and wont give to much to the team until the last part of the season) prove that they can bypass Josh on the depth chart it is stupid in my eyes to trade a guy like that.

And for Parrish he has had plenty of time in the lineup he has proven to be just average. As a matter of fact i'd take Josh in the slot more than I would Parrish because Josh has the size to take the pounding over the middle.

I don't understand everyone jumping down this guy's throat...slot receivers are not rare commodities, and if you can trade one for a starter at a needed position, you should do it.

That said, you'd never get anything of real value from teh Ravens from Josh Reed, simply because he's not that valuable. He's a slightly above average WR, primarily due to attributes that are not considered to be of primary importance to WRs.

He's not some irreplaceable piece of the puzzle here in Buffalo

Baltimore may be desperate and the Bills don't need him. A LB or a draft pick would be a good deal. Good organizations take advantage of others at times like this. If they like Steve Johnson as much as they say they do, then there is no room for one of the following - Parrish, Reed, or Hardy. Parrish brings return ability and is more explosive after the catch. It is to soon to give up on Hardy and he has no trade value. The TE may also be a viable target this year. I like Reed but he is overpaid and may be no better than the fourth best WR on the team. Please don't post how they can keep 6 WR's. Yes they can, but the diluted playing time is a poor use of a roster spot. Pardon one disclaimer - If Hardy can't contribute at all this year it would have to be a really good trade to move Reed.

From my understanding, Reed is very important to Trent Edwards. Trent likes to throw to him, especially on 3rd downs. So with that being said, you dont trade josh reed. If anyone, you would trade Roscoe (whom they previously shopped) but Steve Johnson is not participating in camp because of ribs-so you may just wanna keep everyone because of injuries

I don't understand everyone jumping down this guy's throat...slot receivers are not rare commodities, and if you can trade one for a starter at a needed position, you should do it.

That said, you'd never get anything of real value from teh Ravens from Josh Reed, simply because he's not that valuable. He's a slightly above average WR, primarily due to attributes that are not considered to be of primary importance to WRs.

He's not some irreplaceable piece of the puzzle here in Buffalo

I think a lot of you are totally missing his importance, not only in the passing game, but in the run game. He takes those quick-footed DBs right out of the play, preventing them from being potential tackles, and making the possibility of long gains by the RB a reality.

BTW - real cute photo in the Zubaz. Did you trade some Pokeman cards for those? You do know we're discussing Josh and not Andre Reed, right?