FOX SPORTS

major

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to have a QB controversy invovling Fitzpatrick than our QB situation is worse off than I thought. The only way I can see a controversy is if Trent Edwards goes down for the season and the controversy is between Fitz and Hamden, and that is a No-Win situation if that ever happens.

It has been 3 games since it was handed down. He has filed an appeal but nothing has been done on that yet.

Speaking of the appeal, has anything been announced? Doesnt the NFL have so many days to address the issue? Its been a while.

Does anyone have any info? Maybe Mr. Graham is reading this one and can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks

Speaking of the appeal, has anything been announced? Doesnt the NFL have so many days to address the issue? Its been a while.

During the season there is a time limit.

Does anyone have any info? Maybe Mr. Graham is reading this one and can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks

Mr. Graham is probably somewhere between Florida and Ohio ... we've e-mailed, but he hasn't checked in here lately,

Pretty sure he did address that recently, though. I'll check. Or maybe it was Wawrow instead?

Edit: I found a mention from Wawrow that Lynch had 20 days to file the appeal (and has done so), but I don't think there's anything in the rules that imposes a time limit on Goodell's decision.

Our running game will suffer somewhat with Marshawn out the first few games, but I'm pretty happy with the backs we have holding the fort until he's back. Edwards has worked with the new line, and has two real heavy duty threat receivers, so I'm not at allconvinced that there will be a qb controversy. Unless of course Fitzpatrick shows us something no one is expecting early on, and I doubt that that is going to happen.

I wouldn't say we're necessarily "ripe" for a QB controversy. but I could see it happening. Say in pre season Fitzpatrick looks very sharp and smart and poised in the pocket. Throws for 1/2 dozen TDs in preseason. Meanwhile, Trent struggles. Season starts and Trent has a couple of Cleveland Clowns 2008 type games. We start 0-3. I'm thinking posts by FitzgeraldsARM are not too far behind! I don't hope or expect this to happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility ...

Kind of stupid to lump the Bills in with the other teams listed in that article. Those teams have actual controversies over who is going to start and play QB in the 2009 season. The Bills already know. Where i see a possible controversy is if Trent struggles and the team plays poorly again this season. Then we have the controversy over whether to keep trotting him out in 2010 or go after a different QB in the offseason.

Fans may have been surprised that Buffalo made the list, but it's because of all the pressure on Trent Edwards. This is what happens when you sign Terrell Owens and take the heat off a very good receiver in Lee Evans. The fans in upstate New York now expect to win while forgetting that Edwards lost his blindside protector in Jason Peters and will be minus all-purpose back Marshawn Lynch for the first three games of the season. That's a recipe for failure for a third-year quarterback earning just $460,000 and wanting a new deal with backup Ryan Fitzpatrick earning a whole lot more.

All credibility lost after that bolded bit.

Of course there's the possibility of a QB controversy because you have a guy who, for whatever reason, has not established a lock on the position. If he comes out and really struggles, there will be a controversy. But I think the majority of teams could find themselves in this position if the guy penciled in as the starter plays poorly. If we really find ourselves debating the merits of Edwards vs. Fitzpatrick, though... I think I'd have to sit that one out.

Apparently the Faux News mentality has started to bleed into the Fox Sports arena. God help us all.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9806792...versy?GT1=39002

I can't believe they (writers from Fox Sports) have us down as ripe for a QB controversy. I don't see that happening unless Trent gets hurt again and Fitzpatrick lights it up.

Of course there's the possibility of a QB controversy because you have a guy who, for whatever reason, has not established a lock on the position. If he comes out and really struggles, there will be a controversy. But I think the majority of teams could find themselves in this position if the guy penciled in as the starter plays poorly. If we really find ourselves debating the merits of Edwards vs. Fitzpatrick, though... I think I'd have to sit that one out.

Not me. I've already got the screen name FitzpatricksArm locked up! Hopefully I won't need it.

Go Trent. Go BILLS !!

You guys are not giving enough credit where credit is due. Fitz did extremely well for a bad Bungels team last season. Its Edwards job no question, but Fitz could easily out perform Edwards if he gets a shot.