Last post wins!

/dev/null

By travel I meant the distance I'd have to drive each day to get to work.

You could always get a job at UPS with that avatar.

Our UPS guy was unloading some network printers the other day and cracked a joke - I pick things up and put things down :lol:

What would your commute be?

Mine's over an hour each way.

Back in Ra-cha-cha I had a 10 minute commute. The average there was about 20 minutes.

Had a work friend that lived in Sodus and we thought he was a bit cracked for having a 45 minute or so commute.

Here around NYC, an hour is not at all uncommon. In fact, it's very common.

So, it's a matter of perspective. And, perspective is entirely in one's head.

The cheaper one is 45 minutes, the higher paying is 1 hour 15. I already refused (thanks, but no thanks) the cheaper job. I did commute about an hour for 6 years before finally moving to Syracuse, so I'm used to a long drive.

side story - one time during those 6 years I was driving to work in a bad snowstorm, listening to CDs the whole way. I get to work and the parking lot is really empty, like "is this the weekend?" empty. I ask the security guard and he tells me the sheriff declared a state of emergency, no one on the roads. Here's the fun part of it, myself and two other people, all of us with the longest commute, all made it in to work that day. So we worked till about 10 when the sun came out and roads had been plowed and went home.

The cheaper one is 45 minutes, the higher paying is 1 hour 15. I already refused (thanks, but no thanks) the cheaper job. I did commute about an hour for 6 years before finally moving to Syracuse, so I'm used to a long drive.

side story - one time during those 6 years I was driving to work in a bad snowstorm, listening to CDs the whole way. I get to work and the parking lot is really empty, like "is this the weekend?" empty. I ask the security guard and he tells me the sheriff declared a state of emergency, no one on the roads. Here's the fun part of it, myself and two other people, all of us with the longest commute, all made it in to work that day. So we worked till about 10 when the sun came out and roads had been plowed and went home.

Arent you just a little overachiever

Decisions, decisions. Two job offers.

Company 1:

$5K more a year

Long established company

further travel each day

Would start in about 2 weeks

Company 2:

Company hasn't been around long

closer drive

they want me to start Monday

Both are in similar industries, hours would be close. I think I know my answer.

How do benefits compare ? Health, vacation etc... do either have bonus? Which has more advancement opportunity? How do their work cultures compare? Stock options? 401k? Etc..

Pretty pissed off at most of the baord right now. Can we enjoy a win for an hour before we B word and moan? No matter how awful the game was

You know what I did all day? Lived. It was great. I checked on the cows, changed oil on some vehicles, did some repairs, and spent 2 1/2 hours picking pecans. I have a very loud stereo with 6 speakers pointing every way I need them. Great to not put the Bills as a focus of my day.

I do not know how anyone played, I don't care. We won.

You know what I did all day? Lived. It was great. I checked on the cows, changed oil on some vehicles, did some repairs, and spent 2 1/2 hours picking pecans. I have a very loud stereo with 6 speakers pointing every way I need them. Great to not put the Bills as a focus of my day.

I worked this morning but I love football so I had to watch. Just drives me nuts sometimes.

Im almost done with TSW. Cant take the negativity over there.

I worked this morning but I love football so I had to watch. Just drives me nuts sometimes.

Im almost done with TSW. Cant take the negativity over there.

Don't take it so seriously. I seldom post over there, when I do it is usually posts about how defenses and units work, anti trolling, or saying nonsense.

Don't take it so seriously. I seldom post over there, when I do it is usually posts about how defenses and units work, anti trolling, or saying nonsense.

I dont take it too seriously, at least i try not to. Im the kind of person that has to be positive, I have to be for my own sanity. The pessimism is just so strong over there its unreal to me.

Im gonna stick to OTW for a while tho

Normally I would say that since you didn't watch, and they won, you can't watch again. But the game sucked overall, so who cares if you watch or not.