Dolphins number 1 pick arrested

Vontae Davis-DB- Dolphins Jun. 23 - 3:27 pm et

Dolphins first-round pick Vontae Davis was arrested in Champaign (IL) on June 9 for "unnecessary vehicular noise" and driving without a valid license, according to The Daily Illini.

The Daily Illini is the school paper at Illinois, where Davis played college ball. A police spokeswoman says the arrest happened during a routine traffic stop. Vernon's little brother, Davis was red flagged by some teams entering the draft for behavior issues and two benchings by U of I coach Ron Zook. He's been outplayed by second-round cornerback Sean Smith at offseason OTA's.

Source: The Daily Illini

Dolphins first-round pick Vontae Davis was arrested in Champaign (IL) on June 9 for "unnecessary vehicular noise" and driving without a valid license, according to The Daily Illini.

The Daily Illini is the school paper at Illinois, where Davis played college ball. A police spokeswoman says the arrest happened during a routine traffic stop. Vernon's little brother, Davis was red flagged by some teams entering the draft for behavior issues and two benchings by U of I coach Ron Zook. He's been outplayed by second-round cornerback Sean Smith at offseason OTA's.

Thug...

"Unnecessary vehicular noise"?

What is that, a four-game suspension?

First application of the cash for clunkers law. If your engine sounds like there's internal combustion inside, it's jail time.

First application of the cash for clunkers law. If your engine sounds like there's internal combustion inside, it's jail time.

Most likely a car with the subwoofers that can rattle the bolts off the car and he had it cranked, thats my guess (maybe I'm old, but does it really have to be that loud?)

That's a crap charge. I got a "noise ordinance" charge one time and all I had was the factory stereo in my Lincoln LS. I was ticked off to say the least, but couldn't really say anything because I was driving around on my restricted license at the time and the ticket cost me $135.

That's a crap charge. I got a "noise ordinance" charge one time and all I had was the factory stereo in my Lincoln LS. I was ticked off to say the least, but couldn't really say anything because I was driving around on my restricted license at the time and the ticket cost me $135.

If they would start busting more thugs for blasting that crap the world would be a better place to live in. Not everyone wants to here it!

More from Berardino:

Miami Dolphins: The latest on Vontae Davis mess in Illinois

Here's the e-mail response I just received from Todd France, Davis' agent:

"It is my understanding that not only was Vontae Davis in South Florida all day on June 9, but also the team confirmed he was at OTA's that day and was there at 7 am the next morning for workouts. The team also confirmed that he attended a rookie life-skill session that ended at 3:30 p.m. on June 9 making it unfeasible for him to be in Illinois at the alleged 6:47 arrest time. This is not just 'Vontae's claim' but a fact and supported by the Miami Dolphins. It’s a shame to try and tarnish a person's name no matter how small or big the accusation is. Bottom line, we are looking further into it and will consider our legal options as far as the false report."

Still waiting for the police spokesperson in Champaign to return my messages and explain how exactly something like this can happen.

"Unnecessary vehicular noise"?

What is that, a four-game suspension?

He needs to get his muffler fixed. That and a loud stereo will do it every time. :unsure:

Most likely a car with the subwoofers that can rattle the bolts off the car and he had it cranked, thats my guess (maybe I'm old, but does it really have to be that loud?)

Yep, you are old. :)

Dolphins are denying this. Mike Berardino (Sun-Sentinel) reports that Davis was at OTAs on the day in question, and he hasn't even been in Champaign since February.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/footbal...0,7105571.story

That jackass writer printed his address. What a :nana: head.

Update:

Possible/probable mistaken identity.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/23/...wrong-identity/

I hope they catch the guy so he can be prosecuted for identity theft. I pray he hasn't done anything that will screw over Davis' credit rating. From what I hear those things are almost impossible to fix. It's fortunate he can afford a good lawyer.