Looks like North Korea wants war

You know how impossibly hard it would be to get Obama to have a below 50% job approval? He will ALWAYS have a positive rating from 20% of the population.

It's really hard to say. I would assume, but I don't know what the numbers would actually be, that the majority of people that are being polled have little idea what he is actually doing, good or bad or ugly. Plus there are so many major things going on, someone could easily be in favor of 4 out of 10 as easy as 6 or 7 out of 10. Does that mean you do or don't approve?

Plus, people are impatient, so I fully expect his poll numbers to go down over the next six months or so. They could easily go below 50%. The GOP unfortunately is plummeting, and got a 25% and 28% approval rating in the last two major polls.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really hard to say. I would assume, but I don't know what the numbers would actually be, that the majority of people that are being polled have little idea what he is actually doing, good or bad or ugly. Plus there are so many major things going on, someone could easily be in favor of 4 out of 10 as easy as 6 or 7 out of 10. Does that mean you do or don't approve?

Plus, people are impatient, so I fully expect his poll numbers to go down over the next six months or so. They could easily go below 50%. The GOP unfortunately is plummeting, and got a 25% and 28% approval rating in the last two major polls.

i agree. it's hard to tell what Obama's basement is

You're going to have 20-25% partisan kool-aid drinkers (ala nozzlenut, pj, pbills, connor, etc) that think he is the second coming of mother earth because he's not George W Bush

Then you'll have the crowd who won't say ill of the man because he isn't a white male (granted a large portion of those will also be counted in the 20-25% of the kool-aid®ers. Aim low and say 5%

Then you'll have the folks who voted for him and won't change their minds because they couldn't possibly ever be wrong. Add another 5%

So that's like 30-35% of the electorate who will stick with Obama thru thick and thin.

So Obama's only has to placate 15-20% of the voting population in order to get re-elected. And even if things go further south, he can run against the do nothing Congress (which he'll forget to mention is controlled by the Democrats)

That's right, when the Dear Leader is being questioned it's because the people being polled are ignorant.

Considering that so far "Change We Need" has looked totally like "Sh-- We've Always Had", you should expect the numbers to keep plummeting. Perhaps America will finally wake up and realize that both Democrats and Republicans are TOTALLY full of sh--.

That's right, when the Dear Leader is being questioned it's because the people being polled are ignorant.

No, they were ignorant before, too. But it's not all ignorance. A lot of people work pretty hard and have families and really don't have the time or energy to follow these things closely so they have some idea of what is really going on. That's not really ignorant people. This goes for the majority who like Obama, too.

i agree. it's hard to tell what Obama's basement is

You're going to have 20-25% partisan kool-aid drinkers (ala nozzlenut, pj, pbills, connor, etc) that think he is the second coming of mother earth because he's not George W Bush

Then you'll have the crowd who won't say ill of the man because he isn't a white male (granted a large portion of those will also be counted in the 20-25% of the kool-aid®ers. Aim low and say 5%

Then you'll have the folks who voted for him and won't change their minds because they couldn't possibly ever be wrong. Add another 5%

So that's like 30-35% of the electorate who will stick with Obama thru thick and thin.

So Obama's only has to placate 15-20% of the voting population in order to get re-elected. And even if things go further south, he can run against the do nothing Congress (which he'll forget to mention is controlled by the Democrats)

Excellent take.

I bet Obama is hoping this will happen so that his "birth certificate" gets blowed up!

LMAO

You're still around? Haven't you been banned yet?

The birth certificate thing is a red herring. I'm a Republican and I don't believe it. What it really stems from is a complete and total dislike for the man based on two reasons: 1) his race, and 2) his policies. To the racists, the President is an uppity member of his race, and must be slapped down.

That's all I will say about that. It's been disproven. Obama was born in Hawaii and the certificate is real.

You're still around? Haven't you been banned yet?

The birth certificate thing is a red herring. I'm a Republican and I don't believe it. What it really stems from is a complete and total dislike for the man based on two reasons: 1) his race, and 2) his policies. To the racists, the President is an uppity member of his race, and must be slapped down.

That's all I will say about that. It's been disproven. Obama was born in Hawaii and the certificate is real.

They could shut up all these people if they ljust published a high res picture of it on the web.

No, they were ignorant before, too. But it's not all ignorance. A lot of people work pretty hard and have families and really don't have the time or energy to follow these things closely so they have some idea of what is really going on. That's not really ignorant people. This goes for the majority who like Obama, too.

So polls are useless?

I wouldn't be too sure:

WASHINGTON, June 17.—The popularity of President Barack Obama has dropped in the U.S. as a result of unemployment and the budget deficit, according to a survey published today by the NBC television channel and the Wall Street Journal daily.

According to the survey, the overall approval rating for Obama’s White House administration stands at just 56% of the U.S. population, a fall of five percentage points compared to a similar poll last month.

Likewise, the proportion of those who disapprove of his efforts so far has risen from 30% to 34%, according to the survey, which was based on the opinions of 1,008 adults and conducted between last Friday and Monday.

According to the survey , the greatest loss of support was registered among those who described themselves as "politically independent."

"President Obama’s honeymoon is coming to an end," affirmed Chuck Todd, the NBC correspondent to the White House, while presenting the results of the survey.

"The public appears to be judging the president for some of his actions. There is now a growing concern over the budget deficit, as well as other government measures with respect to the economy," he added. (EFE)

I read about at this morning, and I remember reading where a month ago, independent voters had given him an approval rating of 2 to 1 at close to 67% and with latest poll it was at 50%.

At the end of the day, words are just words and people will demand results, and the biggest thing that worries me are his disastrous economic policies. Even my friends in South America had mentioned to me today that he is "puro palabras" another words "all talk".

Did you demand action for the last eight years or did you just drive around town with that W sticker on your window?

All in all, the honeymoon should be over. He was elected to do a job. He is doing that. My problem with President Obama is that it seems like he trying to take on to much to fast. Another bad thing for the President is that all of the haters... many on this board are looking for anything and everything to B word about. If he sneezes in the wrong direction those people will label him as trying to infect someone. People on the right, you lost. Get over it and give the guy a chance. If after a year nothing has changed I'll be right there with you saying he should do more.

Ok....I have a extremely stupid and uneducated question to ask.....but I still feel the need to ask it.....

Can anybody realitically explain North Koreas actual military capability.....can we go in and do a Desert Storm on them?

Dude. Dont do NJ sue, please. :thumbsup:

Google is your friend.

Guest dog14787
Ok....I have a extremely stupid and uneducated question to ask.....but I still feel the need to ask it.....

Can anybody realitically explain North Koreas actual military capability.....can we go in and do a Desert Storm on them?

Here's NK compared to Iraq pre war,

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2002/020818-iraq3.htm

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-mil..._id=North-Korea

Yes we can, but there is a difference. NK has thousands of artillary pieces positioned and ready to rain destruction on northern South Korea. That's where the capital and much of the industry is. If it only takes two hours to defeat the North Koreans, that is too long - their forces are primed for an instant response, for just this reason.

So that's the key difference. Past Kuwait, Saddam was facing desert. If he let loose with his arsenal, so what? No big deal if sand gets blown up. But South Korea plays such a critical role in manufacturing that it's destruction would send everybodys economy into a tailspin.