Looks like North Korea wants war

You and your ilk actually believing that Obama and his administration thought going in that it would be easy to just talk to North Korea and Iran and other problem areas, and diplomacy will soon get them to cooperate is FAR more deranged thinking that Kim Jong Ill has ever done.

That's what he led the suckers to believe, whether he believed it or not. A generation now thinks every problem is the fault of Bush and heavy-handed american diplomacy (or lack thereof), and that with proper humility and by acting like the Dutch all of these problems will go away.

As Obama put it to Hillary during the debates, you have trouble seeing it because you lack fresh thinking. You're part of the problem in politics, not the solution.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a way to get the message out that we are not trying to instigate, we do not want war, leave us alone, etc....but do anything we see as an act of war and we will flatten you so quick, you wont know what hit you. Reagan was a master at this. I believe Kennedy was, too (but not sure..before my time).

Lets see if "the new great Communicator" knows how to handle.

And just what has the last great mumbler done these past 8 years?

His freaking inactivity was just as damaging.

When the launch the rockets, give them 3 minutes them blow them out of the sky. We have that capability.

And yet... put yourself in Obama's shoes. Can he risk being seen as doing nothing? What if they launch it and it does hit or comes close (whether NK's intention or not). How would that play out politically?

NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, The NY Times, LA Times, the Washington Post, the San Francisco Chronicle, et al would be praising his cool restraint under pressure, and there would be some saber-rattle sound bites emanating from the Big O's twin teleprompters.

Nothing to see here, move along...

That's what he led the suckers to believe, whether he believed it or not.

Total bullschit. He and everyone else constantly says "We know this isn't going to be easy." You have to be in third grade if you think it's going to be easy (and yes, I expect third grade jokes to be inserted here). It's simply a way to approach problems differently, often the same way the "great" Ronald Reagan did it, and dozens of Presidents before, and in no way does it make you seem weak or seem to believe that everything will be just rosy if we just talk to them. Again, if anyone believes anyone in government or defense actually believes the bad guys will lay down, or this will be easy because we talk nice to them, you're a total moron.

North Korea's not firing a missile at Hawaii. At best, "in the general direction of", meaning "east", given the accuracy of their technology.

And given the demonstrated reliability of their long-range missiles, they'd be lucky to hit the ocean, much less Hawaii.

Given the last 3 failed attempts of the "dong" It's not going very far.

Not all problems are, but most started under Bush's watch.

Amen to that.

you got to love these people who blame everything on Obama who has just begun and yet put very little blame on the guy that performed and failed miserably in his last 3 years.

When the launch the rockets, give them 3 minutes them blow them out of the sky. We have that capability.

Esxcuse me.......one of President Obama's "strenghts" is supposed to be his communication skills...he has even been compared to Reagan in this regard. So asking if he is going to use this skill to diffuse the situation properly is a completely legit, unbiased question.

And what the !@#$ does BUSH had to do with it?

You !@#$ing retard.

Total bullschit. He and everyone else constantly says "We know this isn't going to be easy." You have to be in third grade if you think it's going to be easy (and yes, I expect third grade jokes to be inserted here). It's simply a way to approach problems differently, often the same way the "great" Ronald Reagan did it, and dozens of Presidents before, and in no way does it make you seem weak or seem to believe that everything will be just rosy if we just talk to them. Again, if anyone believes anyone in government or defense actually believes the bad guys will lay down, or this will be easy because we talk nice to them, you're a total moron.

If N. Korea fires this missile, and Obama doesn't respond militarily. Obama won't only be perceived as weak, he will be weak.

I don't see the "end game" in this situation. Very tough read, my guess is the motive behind it for the N. Koreans is stature and $$. They have isolated themselves against the rest of the world, and there is danger to be had when an animal feels threatened and backed into a corner.

Since the rest of the world, apart from the U.S and maybe the English are a bunch of puss*es, and cannot seem to hardly ever agree on doing anything meaningful, my guess is that things will return to the statis quo, and that the international community will hope for things to magically get better.

Maybe a new round of sanctions, ya, what good that does. :rolleyes:

You and your ilk actually believing that Obama and his administration thought going in that it would be easy to just talk to North Korea and Iran and other problem areas, and diplomacy will soon get them to cooperate is FAR more deranged thinking that Kim Jong Ill has ever done.

Not for nothing, but Obama had his Sect. of State gave a long time US rival a plastic "reset button" as a way to start negotiations. Its not like people of our "ilk" are getting our opinions just out of thin air.

Quite a bit in the past four, actually. Obama's policy towards NK is strikingly similar to Bush's.

Not for nothing, but Obama had his Sect. of State gave a long time US rival a plastic "reset button" as a way to start negotiations. Its not like people of our "ilk" are getting our opinions just out of thin air.

haha

I remember that reset button, I wonder if you can order that off of Obama's website?

Or you are Jimmy Carter. His latest is trying to get Hamas to not be designated a terrorist organization.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/16...aza-discovered/

I doubt if Obama thought about NK or Iran at all till,oh about 2 weeks ago. What he is discovering is that actually dealing with real bad guys is very different then criticizing Bush from the sidelines,or making inspirational speech's in a room of swooning followers.

haha

I remember that reset button, I wonder if you can order that off of Obama's website?

I wonder what the Russians did with the reset button? In the back of some closet in the Kremlin, next to an unopened box of OxyClean laundry detergent and under a Sham-Wow?

Quite a bit in the past four, actually. Obama's policy towards NK is strikingly similar to Bush's.

Which part of Bush's policy on NK :rolleyes:

There used to be a poster here who was an expert on Korean developments (forgot his initials, though). But his view was that bilateral engaging of Il was fruitless because he would use the talks to boost his legitimacy, extract concessions and just carry on with whatever he wanted. That was the basis of Clinton's success in diplomacy. Bush's initial position was to put Bolton in charge, who promptly ignored Kim and pushed China, Russia & SK to forge a solution. To me, that isolation was working because the pressure was getting to Kim. Yet, the career diplomats didn't like Bolton's hard line and Bush was shamed into resuming traditional diplomacy and reverted to Clinton's model. And here we are ...

And most of Bush's started under Clinton, and most of Clinton's under Bush the elder...That's just how things work. When you start the job, you inherit the previous guy's mess.

Doesn't make PastaJoe any less a twit for his blind worship, though.

I don't worship anyone, you moron, but I do trust Obama's decision making, especially his foreign policy team.

Bush's problems with the deficit and two wars didn't start with Clinton. He came in with a surplus, gave it away in tax cuts for the rich which haven't helped our long term growth, took the government's focus off al Queda and on Saddam, and ordered the unnecessary Iraq invasion.

I don't worship anyone, you moron, but I do trust Obama's decision making, especially his foreign policy team.

Bush's problems with the deficit and two wars didn't start with Clinton. He came in with a surplus, gave it away in tax cuts for the rich which haven't helped our long term growth, took the government's focus off al Queda and on Saddam, and ordered the unnecessary Iraq invasion.

I see that someone forgot to turn off the "Replay" button of the campaign CD?

:rolleyes:

Which part of Bush's policy on NK :rolleyes:

There used to be a poster here who was an expert on Korean developments (forgot his initials, though). But his view was that bilateral engaging of Il was fruitless because he would use the talks to boost his legitimacy, extract concessions and just carry on with whatever he wanted. That was the basis of Clinton's success in diplomacy. Bush's initial position was to put Bolton in charge, who promptly ignored Kim and pushed China, Russia & SK to forge a solution. To me, that isolation was working because the pressure was getting to Kim. Yet, the career diplomats didn't like Bolton's hard line and Bush was shamed into resuming traditional diplomacy and reverted to Clinton's model. And here we are ...

We should ask him, then. Because my recollection is that Bush did not change his policy late-term. And I know I've heard Obama push the six-party talks preferentially over unilateral dialogue with NK.