Has anyone heard this?

I've heard a couple of people say lately that this will be the last camp at Fisher. Anyone have any details either way?

Well where else would they hold it, Mississaugau? Oh, wait.

I really hope they leave it where it is. The folks in Roch do a great job hosting it.

The camp is not moving anywhere...from the Bills perspective, the regionalization/Rochester tie-in is Brandon's baby, and has worked very well. And from SJF's perspective, it has brought them a ton of good publicity, and the increase in applications improves the student body quality, not to mention the football team (show me another Div. III school with facilities like this!)

I've heard a couple of people say lately that this will be the last camp at Fisher. Anyone have any details either way?

Wow, 10 years already. I grew up in Dunkirk, so I attended Fredonia frequenty, but haven't made it up to SJF. I don't think it will be an issue extending the deal, I think both parties are very pleased with the past 9 years...

Brandon's also a Fisher grad, so that might help keep it in Roch as well. No argument here--I grew up in ER, less than 2 miles from the camp and my mom still lives there, so I go every summer when I get back to visit family/friends....

The camp is not moving anywhere...from the Bills perspective, the regionalization/Rochester tie-in is Brandon's baby, and has worked very well. And from SJF's perspective, it has brought them a ton of good publicity, and the increase in applications improves the student body quality, not to mention the football team (show me another Div. III school with facilities like this!)

Not sure who their major sponsor is at the camp.

I always liked the flexibility of Fredonia.

Wake -up & decide to go to Camp - that was always fun. Not worrying about tickets and parking - Yuk! Too much planning. I like my fun to be spontaneous, not planned. It's a pain in the a$$ now.

If they truely want to regionalize now. It needs to be somewhere between the southtowns, Rochester & Toronto. It should be in Buffalo or Niagara Falls!!

Maybe they can go to Niagara U - but I don't believe they have the facilities. Maybe UB????

I always liked the flexibility of Fredonia.

Wake -up & decide to go to Camp - that was always fun. Not worrying about tickets and parking - Yuk! Too much planning. I like my fun to be spontaneous, not planned. It's a pain in the a$$ now.

If they truely want to regionalize now. It needs to be somewhere between the southtowns, Rochester & Toronto. It should be in Buffalo or Niagara Falls!!

Maybe they can go to Niagara U - but I don't believe they have the facilities. Maybe UB????

Before Fredonia, NU was where they had held training camp in the early 70s.

Not sure who their major sponsor is at the camp.

Verizon Wireless: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...73-790a73a3ed3c

"Verizon Wireless is proud to be the title sponsor of the 2009 Verizon Wireless Training Camp and we're excited for the team's 10th Anniversary at St. John Fisher," stated Marquett Smith, president of Verizon Wireless' Upstate New York Region. "The Bills camp is a terrific event for the Rochester community and one of the premier fan experiences in the NFL. We have a great relationship with the Bills and training camp allows us to strengthen our alignment with one of the most well-known and respected brands in Upstate New York."

Before Fredonia, NU was where they had held training camp in the early 70s.

actually into the early '80's

My Uncle was manager of the book store at NU for 18yrs

when i worked at the store a number of the coaches would

come into the store to get smokes...

a few of the players cam in every so often too

it was something to see the team walking over

to the cafeteria for lunch every day

My Best friends mother worked at the cafeteria

and met all of the Bills and coaches for years

but best of all the Jills practiced in Varsity Village which

was directly across the street from the store

I've heard a couple of people say lately that this will be the last camp at Fisher if the Bills move out of western NY. :lol:

As tempting as it might be to move training camp to Canada, border issues make it more complicated. I think they stay in Pittsford. Hey, maybe they'll hold training camp in Buffalo when the move to Toronto.

PTR

The Sabres used to hold their training camp in St. Catharines with no problems.

And all of the Bills probably already have their passports and other documents in order for the Toronto series anyway.