David Carridine found dead

Wacka

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked David Carradine, one of my favorite films is Circle of Iron from 1978.

An adult martial artist rebel named Cord (played by Jeff Cooper) embarks on a quest for the Book of Enlightenment, which is kept by the mysterious Zetan (played by Christopher Lee). He must pass various trials along the way that educate him in Zen philosophy. Among the characters that he runs across are a blind flute-player, a monkey chieftain, a death character, and the leader of a gypsy tribe: are all played by David Carradine, who acts as a reluctant mentor to Cord. Some trials involve combat, while others involve riddles or encounters with unusual characters, such as a man (Eli Wallach) who has been standing in a barrel of oil for 10 years in an attempt to remove the lower half of his body so he is no longer distracted by his genitals. Cord successfully passes all trials and is able to view the Book of Enlightenment. He discovers that each page in the book is a mirror, showing him that the secret to enlightment and all knowledge is already within himself. He then returns to the outside world to himself become a mentor for later pilgrims.

~ Quote from the film... Take two birds and tie them together, although they have four wings, they can not fly. Proving that two heads are not always better than one and stressing the importance of individuality and self-reliance.

Wonder why a 72 year old man in the middle of filming a movie overseas would decide to do this.

I really liked David Carradine, one of my favorite films is Circle of Iron from 1978.

~ Quote from the film... Take two birds and tie them together, although they have four wings, they can not fly. Proving that two heads are not always better than one and stressing the importance of individuality and self-reliance.

Wonder why a 72 year old man in the middle of filming a movie overseas would decide to do this.

Yeah, that was a really weird film, but entertaining none the less. RIP Cain.

Wow...that is really sad. Carridine, as Kwai Chai Cain is one of my earliest childhood heroes....jus in the last two years or so, I went back and wathced all the "Kung Fu" episodes. The first two seasons, in particular, were really great. Carridine was a really under-appreciated actor. I wouldn't be shocked if that was a part of the reaon for his demise. He seemed to be pidgeonholed into doing pretty bad movies.

If you don't believe he could really act, check out "Bound For Glory". His erratic off-screan behavior had him sort of black-balled in Hollywood, which, some critcs at the time, said shut him out for an Oscar for that role. Really sad...the Carridine family had/have their demons, but a very talented bunch.

RIP- It is time for you to leave...

I'm not sure I'll ever understand how someone who wants to end their life reaches the conclusion that hanging themselves is the preferred method.

I dunno, maybe because the name of the movie he was filming was "Stretch?"

I'm not sure I'll ever understand how someone who wants to end their life reaches the conclusion that hanging themselves is the preferred method.

I'm sure its something they've batted around.

I dunno, maybe because the name of the movie he was filming was "Stretch?"

:oops:

I'm sure its something they've batted around.

I'm embarrassed to say I laughed at that. :lol:

I really like Wild West Tech and it won't be the same with a different host. :wallbash:

RIP David :lol: