Pats* Think McKelvin Was Weakspot

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Thebandit that we lost because we did not adjust to a bigger defense even though they had an extra lineman in there. Any high school coach would have.

Jauron did a good job protecting Mckelvin. Whatever his weaknesses are, Jauron does a god job of giving quarterbacks different looks in coverage. In nickel, he often put McKelvin manned up with a player or in a short zone while the other four dbs played deeper.

So you agree Schobel got his sacks against the Pats when the game was still on the line, then? Good, you're not as completely clueless as your posts concerning Schobel would have you appear.

GO BILLS!!!

ya that's it, doc

Sure because he was a rookie.. Id be picking on rookies too

They will line up heavy in the box and on the defensive line, and bull rush our "LT" and rookie guards.

Even I can suss that one out!

slow day, so here's another post:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=4211874

Excerpt:

Nobody adjusts like New England, and the Patriots have beaten the Bills 11 times by a combined score of 321-96 with a variety of schemes and players. In 2007, Tom Brady topped 300 yards in both games. Before last season's finale, the Pats designed a bevy of route combinations to expose backup CB Leodis McKelvin, subbing for injured Jabari Greer. But 30 mph winds and 65 mph gusts changed that plan, and the Pats won with 168 yards rushing, with quarterback Matt Cassel attempting only eight passes. "I played the Bills seven times," said former Patriots fullback Heath Evans, now a Saint, "and every single game plan was drastically different."

Personally, I thought that McKelvin was progressing nicely, and looked pretty solid by the end of the year. I'm kinda wondering what the Pats* thought they saw, and whether they may game plan similarly for the opener?

How is anyone surprised by this? He was a rookie, lmao, of course they threw at him...

Lets see, do we go after Terrence McGee, one of the better corners in the league or Leodis who was a rookie and learning on the job? Not really a tough decision nor a surprise...every coach in the league would try and throw on an unproven rookie who was only getting as much time as he was due to injuries...

Man. A different game plan for every game?? Who has time?

How do they expect to be any good? Oh wait... <_<

Exactly what I was thinking. Fvck. Every team in the league does that don't they?

When is the last time the Bills went after and destroyed a weakness in someone else's defense?

Excerpt:

Nobody adjusts like New England, and the Patriots have beaten the Bills 11 times by a combined score of 321-96 with a variety of schemes and players. In 2007, Tom Brady topped 300 yards in both games. Before last season's finale, the Pats designed a bevy of route combinations to expose backup CB Leodis McKelvin, subbing for injured Jabari Greer. But 30 mph winds and 65 mph gusts changed that plan, and the Pats won with 168 yards rushing, with quarterback Matt Cassel attempting only eight passes. "I played the Bills seven times," said former Patriots fullback Heath Evans, now a Saint, "and every single game plan was drastically different."

Personally, I thought that McKelvin was progressing nicely, and looked pretty solid by the end of the year. I'm kinda wondering what the Pats* thought they saw, and whether they may game plan similarly for the opener?

Just rying to exploit a rooking, watch all the blitz packages they try on opening day over our rookie olinemen

I played the Patriots seven times," said current Bill Aaron Schobel, " and every single game I got B word slapped and knocked to the ground. "Just give me my cash, bitches!" he continued.

After repeating "It's hard to win in the NFL" for the fifth time during the interview, Jauron lamented "It's hard to gameplan against teams that have no apparent weaknesses. Every time we try, you know, they go and do something different to surprise us, so we kind of just stick to our run-run-pass approach and hope for the best." Jauron went on to say "Our guys really work hard."

Uh, yea, bourbonboy. He was a rookie. That's what you do to rookie corners. You design routes to expose their inexperience. I'm not sure why this was particularly intriguing, considering it's a factor in every game. The point was not about Leodis, it was about how they changed strategies on the fly. That's the strength of the Patriots, no asterisk.

Excerpt: