Pats* Think McKelvin Was Weakspot

slow day, so here's another post:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=4211874

Excerpt:

Nobody adjusts like New England, and the Patriots have beaten the Bills 11 times by a combined score of 321-96 with a variety of schemes and players. In 2007, Tom Brady topped 300 yards in both games. Before last season's finale, the Pats designed a bevy of route combinations to expose backup CB Leodis McKelvin, subbing for injured Jabari Greer. But 30 mph winds and 65 mph gusts changed that plan, and the Pats won with 168 yards rushing, with quarterback Matt Cassel attempting only eight passes. "I played the Bills seven times," said former Patriots fullback Heath Evans, now a Saint, "and every single game plan was drastically different."

Personally, I thought that McKelvin was progressing nicely, and looked pretty solid by the end of the year. I'm kinda wondering what the Pats* thought they saw, and whether they may game plan similarly for the opener?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excerpt:

Nobody adjusts like New England, and the Patriots have beaten the Bills 11 times by a combined score of 321-96 with a variety of schemes and players. In 2007, Tom Brady topped 300 yards in both games. Before last season's finale, the Pats designed a bevy of route combinations to expose backup CB Leodis McKelvin, subbing for injured Jabari Greer. But 30 mph winds and 65 mph gusts changed that plan, and the Pats won with 168 yards rushing, with quarterback Matt Cassel attempting only eight passes. "I played the Bills seven times," said former Patriots fullback Heath Evans, now a Saint, "and every single game plan was drastically different."

Personally, I thought that McKelvin was progressing nicely, and looked pretty solid by the end of the year. I'm kinda wondering what the Pats* thought they saw, and whether they may game plan similarly for the opener?

Personally, I hope they have the same idea this season. McKelvin's gonna be a star and going against TO every day is gonna accelerate the process.

God, I hate the friggin' Pats. But I gotta give their staff credit for coming up with different game plans each time.

GO BILLS!!!

I played the Patriots seven times," said current Bill Aaron Schobel, " and every single game I got B word slapped and knocked to the ground. "Just give me my cash, bitches!" he continued.

I played the Patriots seven times," said current Bill Aaron Schobel, " and every single game I got B word slapped and knocked to the ground. "Just give me my cash, bitches!" he continued.

I believe Schobel has more career sacks against Tom Brady than any other player in the league.

New England won that game because they played with an extra offensive lineman every snap (Russ Hochstein played TE the entire game), and ran behind him every...single...play. Buffalo did absolutely nothing to adjust, and it showed.

Umm, they saw a rookie corner.

Excerpt:

This is very interesting in three respects.

1) Should we feel good that the Pats* have to scheme us so well and so differently each time in order to beat us?

2) This makes Bellichick even more impressive in my mind. He comes into last year's game with one game plan, and can effectively change course on gameday.

3) I wouldn't read too much into picking on McKelvin. McKelvin, esp. as a rookie, took a lot of risks (and thus made a lot of plays). I'm sure the Pats* were going to try to capitalize on that.

Excerpt:

Before last season's finale, the Pats designed a bevy of route combinations to expose backup CB Leodis McKelvin, subbing for injured Jabari Greer.

Not to be too obvious here, but do you think it may have had something to do with the fact that Leodis was a......................ROOKIE last year? :thumbsup::devil:

It sure helped them in garbage time when the Pats were up by 100

So you agree Schobel got his sacks against the Pats when the game was still on the line, then? Good, you're not as completely clueless as your posts concerning Schobel would have you appear.

GO BILLS!!!

Well I remember when Revis from the Jets was picked apart by the Bills and now he is one of the shutdown corners in the league. Rookie corners take time to adjust. I didn't think McKelvin was bad at all but I did think he was fairly average. He will improve this year and trust me he is a better player than Revis was entering his second year and he will develop into one of the best corners in the league.

I believe Schobel has more career sacks against Tom Brady than any other player in the league.

Is that because the Jets and Dolphins have had so many other qbs or because he does that well against the Patriots?