Marshawn bulked up a bit

Heitz

Im not sure where you are getting your numbers from. Four strides to cover five yards at full speed?? NFL OL aren't even that slow! Unless you run a sub 4.46, you are not faster than Lynch, sorry. You may wanna check this video and show me where your proof is:

Marshawn at full speed

Look at that video. Did you see Peters get absolutely smoked? And this was when he was supposedly in shape. Lynch broke a tackle in the backfield to make that run. Our oline really did suck and Peters is the most overrated player in football. There is no way our line will be worse this season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure where you are getting your numbers from. Four strides to cover five yards at full speed?? NFL OL aren't even that slow! Unless you run a sub 4.46, you are not faster than Lynch, sorry. You may wanna check this video and show me where your proof is:

Marshawn at full speed

Good video Jay.

Gee looked liked 2 to 2.5 strides to cover 5 yards to me. Maybe he uses shorter strides near the line to um, ya know, maybe cut quicker????

His speech is just fine as well. If you aske me, he sounds about the same as 75% of the players in the league. And unlike baseball, hockey and basketball......at least it's English!

Look at that video. Did you see Peters get absolutely smoked? And this was when he was supposedly in shape. Lynch broke a tackle in the backfield to make that run. Our oline really did suck and Peters is the most overrated player in football. There is no way our line will be worse this season.

but but but you don't know what the blocking assignments were.......

I can't wait see his "probowl play" under the microscope this year.

I understand that Lynch was clocked at a 4.46 at the combine. However, he gets caught within a very short amount of yards by defensive backs in reality. If that 4.46 was representative of his current speed, then the fastest men in the world would only be able to make up three yards on him over 40 yards. We have seen that that is certainly not the case many times over. With a number like that, he should look as fast as a healthy Ladainian Tomlinson and be running away from the majority of defensive backs. He does not.

That video clearly proves me wrong. I took it too far by saying 4 strides. Lets call it three. (I have witnessed four, and I watched it again and again at the time.) The point is he doesn't have much top end and his strides are exceptionally short for a man of his height. It can be empirically proven that he has an oddly short stride for his height at speed compared to data of other trained athletes, but that isnt worth my time.

Lynch is not one of the faster backs for his size in the NFL. But this discussion has gotten ridiculous. I hope his weight will not encumber him too much.

VOR: "I also never heard of anyone having 7-1/2 foot (2 strides to cover 5 yards) strides." We agree that you have never heard of it. That would be considered a very short stride for a good high school level sprinter. I have seen guys within a couple inches of his height who have 14 foot strides.

The timing method used at the combine is a very poor one and subtracts several tenths from the accurate olympic method. The fastest 40 ever recorded was a 4.48 by Ben Johnson in 1988.

VOR: "I also never heard of anyone having 7-1/2 foot (2 strides to cover 5 yards) strides." We agree that you have never heard of it. That would be considered a very short stride for a good high school level sprinter. I have seen guys within a couple inches of his height who have 14 foot strides.

A 5 yard stride? That's pretty impressive.

Isn't HGH naturally occuring in the body?

Yeah but if you get unnaturally higher levels than you can heal quicker and get bigger than you normally would have. The reason it doesn't come up in the standard urine test is because it is in the body and urine can't show if those levels are higher than normal.

Lynch takes four steps to cover five yards. I take two. Im only two inches taller.

VOR:

The fact that I am much faster than Lynch is not really the point. Your straw man argument aside, no human can be fast while having strides that small. I do not exaggerate: four strides to cover five yards at full speed.

Compare that to Bob Sanders, who is of a similar build. He takes two strides to cover five yards and runs a 4.3.

I also never heard of anyone having 7-1/2 foot (2 strides to cover 5 yards) strides.

hahahahaha. this is priceless. how many defenders did he have on his back while taking 4 strides to run 5 yards or was he behind the line looking for a hole. do you have a vid? cause thats just above a walking pace.

Downunder, I fail to see the humor in the fact that our running back has such tiny strides as to make him a statistical anomaly among trained athletes. If I am wrong (I'm not), then I am exaggerating the shortness of his strides on his worst day by 25% over what the video clearly shows. If that is really pricelessly funny, you should get out more.

Downunder, I fail to see the humor in the fact that our running back has such tiny strides as to make him a statistical anomaly among trained athletes. If I am wrong (I'm not), then I am exaggerating the shortness of his strides on his worst day by 25% over what the video clearly shows. If that is really pricelessly funny, you should get out more.

I get out enough.

I find it funny whem armchair sportsmen compare themselves to real athletes. do you weigh 220lb+? run with all the gear on. watching the vid his stride got longer as he gained speed. i'm guessing it has something to do with momentum. what variables have you taken into account?

but if you say he's slow, the bills should just let him go. we'll just forget all that stuff about ML being a really good football player.

Look forward to seeing your blistering speed try out for a football team. when they cut you you can plead your case that you can run five yards in two strides. after all that's everything football is.

by the way you should change your name to Al Davis.

Downunder, since you asked, I am a real athlete. I was a football player and a track star. I do weigh that much. And for what its worth, my stride is longer than 2.5 yards. I keep in shape, but I am starting to get grey hair. You wont find me trying out for another football team. You will notice that I compared his stride to the statistical majority of trained athletes near his size, a category into which I and 95% of tested normal athletes fall.

If that is funny, you dont get out at all.

Man, if he is not high during that interview, I wonder what he sounds like when he does get really baked with some presecription Cali crypto.

Doubt you could hear him at all. Mellow guy.

Lynch takes four steps to cover five yards. I take two. Im only two inches taller.

What, are you a triple jumper? Measure out 5 yards on your floor, take a look at it, then come back and tell us how you can do it in 2 strides while running normally in full pads while trying to protect a football.

By the way, here's a highlight clip of Marshawn from college (if you don't like this one, there are plenty of others from the NFL). You can plainly see that he takes about 2.5 or 3 strides for every 5 yards in open space. By the way, RBs are taught to take relatively short choppy strides when defenders are in the area. You can't cut effectively if you're just all-out sprinting.

What, are you a triple jumper? Measure out 5 yards on your floor, take a look at it, then come back and tell us how you can do it in 2 strides while running normally in full pads while trying to protect a football.

By the way, here's a highlight clip of Marshawn from college (if you don't like this one, there are plenty of others from the NFL). You can plainly see that he takes about 2.5 or 3 strides for every 5 yards in open space. By the way, RBs are taught to take relatively short choppy strides when defenders are in the area. You can't cut effectively if you're just all-out sprinting.

Bingo!! Exactly

This strides argument is one of the all time most ridiculous "points" I've ever come across on this site. Lynch is a very good back already and he has 2 flaws that need work, and neither of them involve speed or strides (he is plenty fast by the way, faster than Henry or Willis or Thurman ever was).

1- He needs to read blocks better (showed improvement there toward the end of last year)

2- He tends to lose concentration in the flat when out for a pass.. He'll take off before securing the catch at times.

Bingo!! Exactly

This strides argument is one of the all time most ridiculous "points" I've ever come across on this site. Lynch is a very good back already and he has 2 flaws that need work, and neither of them involve speed or strides (he is plenty fast by the way, faster than Henry or Willis or Thurman ever was).

1- He needs to read blocks better (showed improvement there toward the end of last year)

2- He tends to lose concentration in the flat when out for a pass.. He'll take off before securing the catch at times.

That thing about catching in the flat; I have never been able to understand how these guys CAN keep concentration, with these huge linebackers flying around them. I think that is an instinctual rather than a learned talent, thats why Jackson is so important to us. He can do that really well.

I understand that Lynch was clocked at a 4.46 at the combine. However, he gets caught within a very short amount of yards by defensive backs in reality. If that 4.46 was representative of his current speed, then the fastest men in the world would only be able to make up three yards on him over 40 yards. We have seen that that is certainly not the case many times over. With a number like that, he should look as fast as a healthy Ladainian Tomlinson and be running away from the majority of defensive backs. He does not.

Hmmm... I have seen every game Lynch has played as a member of the Buffalo Bills. Your argument states that Lynch is constantly getting caught by DBs. I ask you, how many times has Lynch successfully gotten to the second level without someone on his back?! Give me a specific instance where Lynch was running free and got caught in a footrace. I have a pretty good memory and could tell you about the interception that MLB Brandon Spoon had against the Panthers during our 3-13 season, but I cannot recall Lynch getting "hawked". Until we get effective run blocking from the OL and WRs on this team, he will never have the chance to get caught from behind (like Barry Sanders in his early years)...

Hmmm... I have seen every game Lynch has played as a member of the Buffalo Bills. Your argument states that Lynch is constantly getting caught by DBs. I ask you, how many times has Lynch successfully gotten to the second level without someone on his back?! Give me a specific instance where Lynch was running free and got caught in a footrace. I have a pretty good memory and could tell you about the interception that MLB Brandon Spoon had against the Panthers during our 3-13 season, but I cannot recall Lynch getting "hawked". Until we get effective run blocking from the OL and WRs on this team, he will never have the chance to get caught from behind (like Barry Sanders in his early years)...

With TO and Reed blocking, the receiver contingent should be pretty solid in that area. It's on the rooks at Guard!