T.O. living in hotel this season??

I have a great idea. TO should buy a house near the Stadium, fix it up REAL NICE...............................& donate it to a worthy charity when he leaves Buffalo. He not only could afford it, but could probably use the Tax write off.

Fix it up? You mean, like, pushing the RV and the abandoned cars off the front lawn?

He should just write off the hotel room.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God that article sucks. TO said in a interview he was still looking at his options. After that he said "maybe i will just live in a hotel". TO did find a few places he liked but they were to far from the Stadium and the Field house. He wants to stay close.

I swear journalism sucks nowadays. He takes some facts from an article and twists them into a negative piece.

Gots ta save them legs.

Hell why buy a house when you get a maid-room service- and fresh towels everyday!

Absolutely, room service, bar downstairs workout facilities why would he do anything else? I am sure he has a suite and can negotiate a great rate. He is T.0. He would not be the first rich and famous person to do it either.

There are some places available in Orchard Park that should be more than adequate for any bachelor at a quarter of the price you might find it in Dallas.

Willis McGahees house just sold a couple months ago, however.

Um, I lived in Dallas for several years - it's cheaper there...and a Hell of a lot more to do - especially for the T.O.'s of the world...

He lives here in Atlanta fulltime anyways. He always has. Even when he played in Philly and Dallas, he always has called the ATL his home. That famous clip of him doing crunches in his driveway was from his Atlanta home. I would not read to much into it.

Actually, that was in Moorestown NJ, where I believe he still has his main residence.

God that article sucks. TO said in a interview he was still looking at his options. After that he said "maybe i will just live in a hotel". TO did find a few places he liked but they were to far from the Stadium and the Field house. He wants to stay close.

I swear journalism sucks nowadays. He takes some facts from an article and twists them into a negative piece.

I would not fault all journalists but your points about this one in particular are spot on.

Must ... resist ... urge ... to ... attack ...

I'll say it again, every writer needs a good editor.

The "might live in a hotel" quote was from Wawrow's piece. Maybe he'll chime in here ...

the conclusions reached by the person who wrote the piece being discussed are off base at best, and wrong at worst. to characterize owens as being "not impressed" by the region's housing market is pure baloney, and to get that impression from the piece that i wrote is irresponsible. he wasn't there. he didn't see what happened. he didn't hear what was said, and yet he takes this incongruous leap in logic in attempting to make 2-plus-X equal 4.

t.o. provided me with a throwaway line, which essentially summed up what proved to be a tough day of home-shopping. and yet in referring to one of the places he saw, he actually called it "a nice place."

hmmm?

and yet writer of said piece comes to the assumptions that t.o. wasn't impressed.

i also think it's insincere on the writer's part in how he couched the reference, as in "he was overheard." as if he spoke with a hand covering his mouth, and whispering it to his bodyguard pablo ... ooh, something "juicy."

oh, lord.

well, sure, t.o. was overheard. more specific, he was overheard by me in response to a question i asked. that happens a lot in my business particularly when interviewing a subject.

guess the writer in question didn't want to reference The Associated Press.

whatever. big deal. that's as far as i'll go on this. reach your own conclusions here.

jw

minor edit.

You must have thought TO signed with N.E.* Orchard Park is MUCH NICER than Foxboro.

Really? Because of the close proximity to ECC? Do folks in Foxboro subsidize their income by having people park thair cars on their lawns?

There are nicer areas IN the city of Buffalo than OP.

I was going to ask you not to call that piece "journalism," but I discovered that the guy apparently does have a weekly column in one of the local papers. I feel shame for our craft.

JW ... yeah, I think you hit all the lowlights, and the riff on "overheard" made me chuckle. (Even if it made you want to throw that dude's laptop off the Peace Bridge.) Think I'll stick to reading your copy instead of second-hand analysis. :w00t:

Really? Because of the close proximity to ECC? Do folks in Foxboro subsidize their income by having people park thair cars on their lawns?

There are nicer areas IN the city of Buffalo than OP.

There are nicer areas in the City than OP. That just goes to show how crappy Foxboro is.......................Orchard Park is MUCH NICER than Foxboro. People in Foxboro CAN'T subsidize their income by having people park because it would be too long a walk to the Stadium, not to mention all the Cows that would be run over.

Skooby doo is real, I know the guy.

Skooby Dooby Doo, where are you?

We've got some work to do now

Skooby Dooby Doo, where are you?

We need some help from you now

Come on Skooby Doo, I see you

Pretending you got a sliver

But you're not fooling me, 'cause I can see

The way you shake and shiver

You know we got a mystery to solve

So Skooby Dooby ready for your act

Don't hold back!

And Skooby Doo if you come through

You're gonna have yourself a Skooby snack!

That's a fact!

Skooby Dooby Doo, here are you

You're ready and you're willing

If we can count on you, Skooby Doo

I know we'll catch that villain!