Another Vick to Buffalo "expert opinion"

All of this crap about Buffalo signing Vick, solely steams from Buffalo signing Owens.

The only problem is Owens has never once been in trouble with the law. Much less a convicted felon.

These reporters think that Buffalo will 'due a deal with the devil' to win. I just dont buy it. When you look at the Owens signing it was a shrewd move for the Bills for many reasons. That could not be said for signing Vick.

You would in essence alienate a large portion of your fan base. Any dog owner/animal lover will not accept him. And you would possibly be starting another QB contraversy. How many of those have the Bills had in the last 10 years???

All of this crap about Buffalo signing Vick, solely steams from Buffalo signing Owens.

The only problem is Owens has never once been in trouble with the law. Much less a convicted felon.

These reporters think that Buffalo will 'due a deal with the devil' to win. I just dont buy it. When you look at the Owens signing it was a shrewd move for the Bills for many reasons. That could not be said for signing Vick.

You would in essence alienate a large portion of your fan base. Any dog owner/animal lover will not accept him. And you would possibly be starting another QB contraversy. How many of those have the Bills had in the last 10 years???

Not to mention the Bills don't need Vick. :blink: Come on we have already desided Edwards is are guy and Fitz signed as a back up. TO on the other hand made sense, we needed a big WR!

I have watched Vick play his entire career here in Atlanta. And for awhile from 2002-2005 i do not think there was a faster/talented guy on the field. He started to show chinks in the armor before the whole dog fighting thing. He has never and i repeat never been good at reading a defense at all. He always got around that because he would just take off and out run the defense. He could get around the corner and pick up 7-8 yds before a db could force him out. He has lost a step. Due to the beating every player takes, and he will turn 30 i think this year. He never learned how to put touch on the ball. He has a cannon for an arm but he throws it 100 miles an hour to a reciever that is 5 yds down field.

To me personally he makes sense in a 'wildcat'. But cordinators will scheme for that and it will not work for very long. Think about it, why do no teams run the option in the pros, or really college anymore? Answer : players are to fast and coaches figured out how to beat it.

I will take Fitz over Vick for a lot of reasons. Least of which are because i personally dont think he has a lot to offer as far as play goes.

I have watched Vick play his entire career here in Atlanta. And for awhile from 2002-2005 i do not think there was a faster/talented guy on the field. He started to show chinks in the armor before the whole dog fighting thing. He has never and i repeat never been good at reading a defense at all. He always got around that because he would just take off and out run the defense. He could get around the corner and pick up 7-8 yds before a db could force him out. He has lost a step. Due to the beating every player takes, and he will turn 30 i think this year. He never learned how to put touch on the ball. He has a cannon for an arm but he throws it 100 miles an hour to a reciever that is 5 yds down field.

To me personally he makes sense in a 'wildcat'. But cordinators will scheme for that and it will not work for very long. Think about it, why do no teams run the option in the pros, or really college anymore? Answer : players are to fast and coaches figured out how to beat it.

I will take Fitz over Vick for a lot of reasons. Least of which are because i personally dont think he has a lot to offer as far as play goes.

Second that. I live in Atlanta.

And no I don't have all the faith in the world in Fitz but for someone as young as him and only played in CIN I don't think any of us really know what to expect. I think TO might help keep TE off the ground a bit by getting our WR open more offten then last year.

Fitz over Vick? Are you kidding? Was Vick overrated? Sure. But can you imagine game planning for Edwards and then having Vick step in under center? All the defensive game planning goes out the window.

I dont really know much about Fitz i will be honest, but i do know a lot about Vick. He could not read a pro defense. And is not as fast as he use to be. By any means. And he has been away from the league for two years. Add that to the convicted felon stuff, and i am sorry but i would take JP bac....ok i would not go that far. I would rather Hamden play then.

I dont really know much about Fitz i will be honest, but i do know a lot about Vick. He could not read a pro defense. And is not as fast as he use to be. By any means. And he has been away from the league for two years. Add that to the convicted felon stuff, and i am sorry but i would take JP bac....ok i would not go that far. I would rather Hamden play then.

I live in Atlanta also, and have watched Vick play a lot as well. And to say that you would rather have Hamdan play instead of the best running QB in the history of this great game is just pure folly. Saying things like that shows your football ignorance. Sure, Vick was not a great reader of defenses and his accuracy is questionable, but he is a WEAPON, and to have him in Wildcat and backup QB situations only would strengthen our team. So please think before you write next time.

If Vick comes here and we win it all with him at the helm, he can have any dog he wants.

I think he has learned a lesson and will be a great spokesperson for helping animals in need, maybe even playoff starved Bills fans.

It may also stem from what other people think of our QB situation, an opinon perhaps gleaned from the nationally televised tent folding lesson Trent gave the country against Cleveland.

It may also stem from what other people think of our QB situation, an opinon perhaps gleaned from the nationally televised tent folding lesson Trent gave the country against Cleveland.

and yet it still is absolutly no reason to think any NFL team could, would or should sign that POS scumn sucking SOB...

I feel sorry for the team and the fan of sed team that does try an sign him. he will bring nothing but heartache negative press and failure

Here is another thing I don't get about Buffalo signing Owens. We don't have a world class coaching staff that could one use Vick as a gadget QB and wildcat QB effectively and two could handle the distraction Vick would add to the team which already has Terrel Owens as a distraction.

Another situation is that if we do get Vick how many games would it take TO to say that Vick should start? Vick doesn't fit here its just that the people who write these articles don't really know the team that well. They see a team who signed TO and hasn't made the playoffs in a while and a team whose coaching staff is on the hot seat.

If they knew the team a little better they would know that DJ couldn't handle Vick and that the coaching staff and the FO have a ton of faith in Trent Edwards ( once again you could argue if its misplaced buts it there ). There are other reasons that I won't list but the point is that there are so many reasons why you wouldn't see Vick as a fit in Buffalo.

Someone needs to tell Florio that he should stick to reporting football news. His opinions are !@#$ing retarded, and if he had the slightest bit of football knowledge he would know that the Bills organization would never sign Vick.

Mickey, I hate to rain on your irrational parade here, but when you discuss that game, are you referring to the 4th quarter comeback from adversity, the dive for the go-ahead touchdown, and the strike to Robert Royal to set up what should have been the winning FG kick?

Oh, wait, no... you are only referring to the very rough start. The one that every announcer praised Trent for overcoming.

Mickey, I hate to rain on your irrational parade here, but when you discuss that game, are you referring to the 4th quarter comeback from adversity, the dive for the go-ahead touchdown, and the strike to Robert Royal to set up what should have been the winning FG kick?

Oh, wait, no... you are only referring to the very rough start. The one that every announcer praised Trent for overcoming.

i blame the intercepts on concussion effects

If Vick comes here and we win it all with him at the helm, he can have any dog he wants.

I think he has learned a lesson and will be a great spokesperson for helping animals in need, maybe even playoff starved Bills fans.

I will believe it when I see it, the he has learned his lesson thing. He needs to work at this new job, spokesperson for a the humane association for a year at some 30k and then we will talk x's and o's.

Oh well, if the announcers praised him....

The come back was the product of a great game by both running backs and over 200 yards in returns by Leodis and Roscoe. All Trent did was throw a bunch of picks and then go to checkdowns on 3rd and long for the rest of the game. Perhaps you forgot Lynch's 28 yard run setting up a first and goal from the one before Trent's "heroic" dive? Rob Johnson could have done that but if you want to credit Trent for that and not Lynch, go ahead. 180+ yards on the ground, 280 in returns including a 98 yarder for a TD and you want to credit the guy who threw 3 picks in the first four posessions. The guy who couldn't get it in to the endzone with a first and 10 at the 12.

Besides, the word "comeback" is usually reserved for when you win. We lost that game.

Oh, and don't forget, over a 10-quarter span, including the first quarter against Cleveland, Edwards threw eight interceptions, lost two fumbles and gave up a safety. Very JP like don't ya think?