Maybin looking rough in OTA's?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not put anything into OTAs, but I think this will be a continual theme this preseason. The guy just is not that explosive, and if you combine that with his inability to hold up against the run, it's not good. The guy played in a terrible passing conference and racked up some meaningless sacks, ala Gholston. He's just not that good. Should have taken Orakbo. I'm guessing that will be something you hear all season, because I really think Orakbo is going to be a solid player.

Was just about to post this when I saw the thread title. Here ya go:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/23/...so-far-in-otas/

Would nt really worry, did you read the article? Its very general and who cares who this guy thinks! I 've been reading good things about Maybin from Chris Brown-whom I would believe over most. Lets just hope Orakpo does nt have a monster year-

The guy just is not that explosive. Should have taken Orakbo.

Well that's false - Maybin was regarded as having the fastest first step among DEs, but you can swing that however you want. You've been spewing non-stop bull sh-- for weeks, why stop now? And his name is Orakpo. If you're going to have resounding support for non-Bills players, at least spell their name right.

I think that Orakpo and Everett Brown were more "NFL ready" than Maybin, Orapkpo IMO being the best of the bunch. I think they will both contribute more to the teams they were drafted by than Maybin. To say that Maybin isn't that explosive is not a true statement. He was deemed as being the most explosive DE prospect in the draft by many. It was also said that he was more likely to be a bust than others by some "experts". He's going to have a learning curve, but let's hope that his athletic ability and quickness allow him to frequent opposing backfields next season. I bet he ends up with more sacks than the leader had for our team last season.

Well that's false - Maybin was regarded as having the fastest first step among DEs, but you can swing that however you want. You've been spewing non-stop bull sh-- for weeks, why stop now? And his name is Orakpo. If you're going to have resounding support for non-Bills players, at least spell their name right.

+1 :unsure:

I think that Orakpo and Everett Brown were more "NFL ready" than Maybin, Orapkpo IMO being the best of the bunch. I think they will both contribute more to the teams they were drafted by than Maybin. To say that Maybin isn't that explosive is not a true statement. He was deemed as being the most explosive DE prospect in the draft by many. It was also said that he was more likely to be a bust than others by some "experts". He's going to have a learning curve, but let's hope that his athletic ability and quickness allow him to frequent opposing backfields next season. I bet he ends up with more sacks than the leader had for our team last season.

I read PFT, but Florio has tended to try to start controversy of late rather than report. I suppose it's the way he wants to go, and that's fine. He could report that a lot of rookies are looking brutal, not to mention Sanchez, Stafford, and about 200 other first year players.

WRT to Brown and Orakpo, I'm sure a lot of fans thought those guys were indeed more NFL ready. But their long term ceiling seemed limited to me. I like the Maybin pick because it wasn't a knee-jerk reaction to an obvious problem with the pass rush. They'll expect him to contribute on passing downs with an eye on probably starting in 2010.

Maybin, IMHO, will be the best DE among the first day picks.

don't feed the trolls

I'm glad he got into a scrum. Its nice to actually see some fire on the field for a change instead of the chris kelsay "golly gee, i suck and we didn't win, but i luv u dickie" mentality.

FWIW, seeing the words "Florio" and "journalism" mentioned together is raising my blood pressure. Just thought I'd share that. Carry on ...

Too funny, he knows this guy so well................................he does not even KNOW his name. He used his name twice so he can't claim it was a spelling error. Typical Pats* fan knowledge of football.........................little to none.

If his 1st step is that fast, the rest must be pretty damn slow, because a 4.89 40 for a 240 lb man is not that "explosive". It's not that I have a lot of support for Orakpo, it's that I think he is a much better player. He was one of the best players in the country (actually voted the best defensive player in the country) in one of the best conferences in the country. Maybin racked up some sacks in one of the worst passing conferences in the country. I just think Orakpo does everything better than Maybin, played against far better competition and is going to be a much better player in the NFL.

I'm glad he got into a scrum. Its nice to actually see some fire on the field for a change instead of the chris kelsay "golly gee, i suck and we didn't win, but i luv u dickie" mentality.

Amen. This team hasn't had any fire in practice or on gameday in years. You know TO will change that on the offensive side. If it takes a rookie to do it on the defensive side, I'm all for him B word slapping a few people.

Bruce Smith was not very good the first week of training camp either folks.

Bruce Smith wasn't very good his first YEAR!!!! He looked horrid,there was talk he was a wasted draft pick at first,he was over weight and sluggish and nothing like he was in college.

1985 16 games, 13 game starts , 48 tackles to Jim Haslett's 143 tackles he did finish with 6.5 sacks that year and I can recall Hank Bullough constantly yelling at him for something or other.

If his 1st step is that fast, the rest must be pretty damn slow, because a 4.89 40 for a 240 lb man is not that "explosive". It's not that I have a lot of support for Orakpo, it's that I think he is a much better player. He was one of the best players in the country (actually voted the best defensive player in the country) in one of the best conferences in the country. Maybin racked up some sacks in one of the worst passing conferences in the country. I just think Orakpo does everything better than Maybin, played against far better competition and is going to be a much better player in the NFL.

Get a clue. http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2009..._lowers_40.html

PFT's gone down hill substantially since Florio decided to post his own 'analysis' in addition to being an aggregator of legitimate Internet news items.

On that we can agree. Florio's strength was gathering up information and posting it in one spot. The analysis is practically worthless.

Go to your NE board and whine about something there.