• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just about to post this when I saw the thread title. Here ya go:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/23/...so-far-in-otas/

thanks bluefire

PFT links to Chris Brown's OTA Day 2 and Day 3 logs on bb.com.

An indication of just what kind of tempo there was on the field was evident in the minor scrum between Aaron Maybin and offensive tackle Chris Denman. Maybin captured the edge on the pass play during team work and flushed quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick from the pocket.

When Maybin tried to pursue Denman arm hooked him and spun him around, which Maybin apparently did not appreciate. A shoving match ensued, but stopped shortly after the assistant coaches ordered them to separate.

Aaron Schobel on a running play arm-hooked Marshawn Lynch when he came through the hole and twirled him around as well. It doesn’t seem like much, but in the reduced contact setting of OTAs it’s more than usually goes on.

ok, the tempo was a little upscale and it doesn't sound like it was a big deal.

Aaron Maybin was sprinkled in with the first team defense during the course of practice Wednesday. He was mainly inserted during the run fit portion of practice.

He played with the 1st team in spots, he's learning the defense...

PFT doesn't give us a clue who was calling Maybin brutal, so where's the beef?

wow way to judge a guy based on 3 t shirt practices... also this is the same writer who is all about hte bills getting michael vick and saying we need to sell more tickets (um we have sold out how many games straight now?). this article and writer is bull s__t. but orakpo will probably be better than maybin regardless.

NFL mobile on Sprint has article saying reports are Maybin looks 'brutal' in OTA's. Anyone heard that anywhere else? No link provided, but its free if you sign up for two years of intermittent cell phone service.

Bruce Smith was not very good the first week of training camp either folks.

I used to read that site, but Florio's become such a front-runner it's ridiculous. Anything teams like the Bills or Bengals or Lions, etc. do is horrible, while anything the Pats* do is immediately praise-worthy, for ex. Now obviously bad teams do some bone-headed things (by definition), but it's such a knee jerk reaction nearly every time, in both directions. It's really nauseating, to the point where I've nearly stopped reading the site. On the Pats* knob gobbling it really started about halfway into Spygate when suddenly Florio started posting pro-Pats* garbage, doing a near 180 from some of his prior positions--all of which at the time made me wonder if someone with the Pats* and/or League (same thing, in my opinion) threatened to cut off his access if he didn't change his tune.

I've found the National Football Post, largely written by ex-Bill (if you could call one season largely on IR that) Matt Bowen and some other current and former football folks (front Office, agents, etc.) a much better read, IMHO......

Yeah.......It's not like this guy's talking about Maybin getting man-handled by offensive tackles, having poor work attitude/work ethic, etc... There is no substance to this article, and no evidence to say that his first impression has been "brutal," by any measure. In fact, I have heard nothing but good things about Maybin.....he is trying to be a leader, is coachable, is playing all over the field, and is still learning the defense. This is "brutal" journalism!!! SHAME ON YOU SIR!! I fart in your general direction!

To borrow an immortal draft day phrase from the old GM of the Colts, Bill Tobin:

Who the hell is Mike Florio?

I would expect even the learned Mike Florio to realized this kid started all of 3/4 of one freakin' season at Penn. State, came out as a junior, and just might have a hell of a learning curve in front of him. Isn't it better for him to struggle with the reads and responsibilities now, in his very first full squad OTA, then when he makes his debut in New England in September?

:wacko::blink::unsure:

NFL mobile on Sprint has article saying reports are Maybin looks 'brutal' in OTA's. Anyone heard that anywhere else? No link provided, but its free if you sign up for two years of intermittent cell phone service.

That is the most pointless article I have ever read. Defensive lineman always get short changed when its not all out with the pads on. Theres not a whole lot going on for a defensive linemen when you arent tackling and you cant engadge the QB there working on technique and fundementals and giving the offense a look, there getting a feel for the playbook. He got into a scurmish, who cares put 80 plus men into the same room together for any period of time a scurmish or 2 is bound to happen. By the way Maybe will probly look "brutal" all year and a good possibility he wont be completely dominant next year, he is a very raw prospect with great potential. If at some point halfway through next season he starts to create some havoc in the backfield of opposing offenses I will be satisfied of coarse the sooner the better but he most be givin some time.