The World's Last Losman Fan

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26570

Shaun (Rochester): Please tell us again how JP Losman is going to be a good QB because of his "metrics"...

SportsNation KC Joyner: If I've said it once, I've said it 1,000 times. Put Losman on a team that has a vertical pass mindset and he'll be a Pro Bowler.

Any of you guys Shaun in Rochester?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree

Even Vince Young made the pro bowl.

I agree, I think that if you put Losman in the right offense he can be a pro bowler. He has the tools, all he needs is coaching.

Physically, yes. Can't read a safety to save his life, though. And that ain't on his coaches. That's on him.

GO BILLS!!!

nice drop. He's got all the physical skills. But, he lacked the mental grasp of it in Buffalo. Was it strange and difficult play calling on Buffalo's part? Or, was it Losman's inability to read and react to NFL defenses that led to his average play? From what I've observed, I'd say he couldn't do it mentally. Will that change with a new offense? I think the Bills dumbed down their play book quite a bit. I hope he has luck, and finds the Pro Bowl and all the rest. I was drawn to this post because Losman, as much as he's been attacked and labeled, talked like I want to hear a pro QB talk. When he got drafted he said something like - I want to bring greatness back to Buffalo and the Bills. He didn't say, I'd like to do good, and help the team, and be a team player, and make the playoffs. He said he wanted to be great, and for the Bills to be great. That is the kind of mentality I'd like to see more of (ironically)!

Does KC Joyner ever wonder why Losman was only hitting Lee Evans deep? Joyner also thinks Lee Evans is a HALL OF FAME WR. I believe that is the way he described Evans' metrics.

Joyner needs to hire someone to analyze his metrics because he does a terrible job analyzing, but a great job coming up with statistics. Why cant Joyner see that Losman's great deep metrics are a result of throwing deep to Lee Evans?

I agree, I think that if you put Losman in the right offense he can be a pro bowler. He has the tools, all he needs is coaching.

Other needs:

Pocket awareness

Knowing when to throw the ball away before you are sacked, preventing the opponent to score a game winning TD.

Avoiding throwing bounce passes top open receivers

Avoid locking onto one receiver

Learning how to read a defense

Other than that, he's in great shape and on his way to being a pro-bowler.

nice drop. He's got all the physical skills. But, he lacked the mental grasp of it in Buffalo. Was it strange and difficult play calling on Buffalo's part? Or, was it Losman's inability to read and react to NFL defenses that led to his average play? From what I've observed, I'd say he couldn't do it mentally. Will that change with a new offense? I think the Bills dumbed down their play book quite a bit. I hope he has luck, and finds the Pro Bowl and all the rest. I was drawn to this post because Losman, as much as he's been attacked and labeled, talked like I want to hear a pro QB talk. When he got drafted he said something like - I want to bring greatness back to Buffalo and the Bills. He didn't say, I'd like to do good, and help the team, and be a team player, and make the playoffs. He said he wanted to be great, and for the Bills to be great. That is the kind of mentality I'd like to see more of (ironically)!

I like Losman, the guy, as well. But these statements he made are just one more piece of evidence that talk is cheap. I'd rather have a QB with a quiet resolve for perfection than one who talks a big game and doesn't have the intestinal or mental fortitude to back it up.

Best of luck to JP in his future endeavours, but I will eat my hat if he is ever considered an above average quarterback anywhere.

Joyner might be right but Losman can't even land a job as a backup. Losman needs to humble himself, go to Canada, get playing time and become a consistent QB. He's gotten more chances than he deserved in Buffalo and the rest of the League knows you can't rely on him even in a backup role.