The World's Last Losman Fan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other needs:

Pocket awareness

Knowing when to throw the ball away before you are sacked, preventing the opponent to score a game winning TD.

Avoiding throwing bounce passes top open receivers

Avoid locking onto one receiver

Learning how to read a defense

Other than that, he's in great shape and on his way to being a pro-bowler.

:cry:

Has the physical tools, but the brain is mush.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26570

Any of you guys Shaun in Rochester?

I'm not Shaun in Rochester, but KC Joyner should stick to his "need-a-life" world of keeping track of useless offensive linemen stats. If there was a hint of truth to his claim that Lost-man would be a Pro Bowler starting at QB for a team with more of a verticle passing game, then every team in the NFL that threw for at least 3,500 yards last season would have been competing to sign him as their back up QB this season. Last I checked, none of those teams have signed him, and in fact, none of the other 31 teams in the NFL have signed him yet either, including the teams that have lousy starting starting QB options.

Let's see, in metrics-speak, I guess you could call that 0.00 FAI - (Free Agent Interest), for the future Pro Bowl QB, J.P. Lost-man. :cry:

Yes, all you have to do is launch deep every play and Pro Bowlers are made!!!

How is Joyner even legit after such a statement?

Maybe he will do better in a Raiders type of system. He does not seem to be a very cerebral QB, and will never do well in a west coast system.

WTF?? Is he still on the team? Are you out for him as a player or a person???

I'M a Losman fan not because of any stupid game he played in (mostly the Bills were out-coached in every loss BTW)

I AM a Losman fan because of him OFF the field. He didn't get his neighborhood pregnant while smoking dope, or any other BS like that.

In fact he's the only SOB millionaire to try to help clean up the city...let's see TO get his posse to encourage civic pride.

(Plus he plays drums, as a drummer myself that's all I need to know to like a person...but that's besides the point)

I hope he gets in a band and becomes a rock star...maybe he's the smart one who figured if you want to play in a Super bowl you have a much better chance doing it at half-time than with the Buffalo Bills.

Damn you pissed me off and I have to be up at 5 AM...flame away but I won't be here.

I'M a Losman fan not because of any stupid game he played in (mostly the Bills were out-coached in every loss BTW)

I AM a Losman fan because of him OFF the field. He didn't get his neighborhood pregnant while smoking dope, or any other BS like that.

In fact he's the only SOB millionaire to try to help clean up the city...let's see TO get his posse to encourage civic pride.

(Plus he plays drums, as a drummer myself that's all I need to know to like a person...but that's besides the point)

I hope he gets in a band and becomes a rock star...maybe he's the smart one who figured if you want to play in a Super bowl you have a much better chance doing it at half-time than with the Buffalo Bills.

Damn you pissed me off and I have to be up at 5 AM...flame away but I won't be here.

I don't know who you're talking to, but your points are invalid. We're discussing Losman as a Football player, not whether we like him as a person or not. If you're talking about my post, it was in regards to the assumption that the Bills would bring him back if TE got hurt, so if you agree with that idea, then you, too, can join the Losman fan club....

For the record, I own his jersey and hoped just as much as everyone else that he'd be our guy. It didn't work out, not even a little bit. We can play the blame game all day long, but the bottom line is that the team has sinced moved on. If you can't, then perhaps you can follow him to his next team and route for him there. Maybe your ideas of him being SO smart that he'll win a Superbowl elsewhere will come true, then you can come back here and tell the rest of us how stupid we were. I'll be waiting, but you can rest assured I won't be holding my breath .... :bag:

I agree, I think that if you put Losman in the right offense he can be a pro bowler. He has the tools, all he needs is coaching.

He can definitely be a pro bowler. He has all the physical skills. All he has to do is get himself down to those alleys every day & practice, practice, practice. Who knows, he could be the next Earl Anthony.

Other needs:

Pocket awareness

Knowing when to throw the ball away before you are sacked, preventing the opponent to score a game winning TD.

Avoiding throwing bounce passes top open receivers

Avoid locking onto one receiver

Learning how to read a defense

Other than that, he's in great shape and on his way to being a pro-bowler.

he just never looked comfortable on the field as a QB - he didn't seem to have the sixth sense about incoming pressure that the better QBs have

JP planted a few trees and picked up garbage one day for the media and he's a great guy?? Wouldn't it have been better for him and his community if he spent some time reviewing game film in the off season and prior to games? When he got benched last year, wouldn't he have been a better guy if he at least gave the appearance of faked interest as to what was going on in the game instead of showing the TV audience his "I can't believe I'm not playing" mope while isolating himself at the end of the bench wearing his goofy beard and full-length cover-up?

And stop with the "he had all the tools" stuff. He was a good athlete, ok. But a great athlete doesn't get chased down by 300 lb linemen and he can make a fast LB miss him at least a few times. He was supposed to be this great "scrambler" coming out of Tulane. He was just too slow-footed. Flutie was a better athlete than JP.

As for the "long bombs" to Evans, there were so few of those over his career that it cannot sustain the myth that he would be a better "fit" in a big passing offense. Sasquatch has been sited in Buffalo more times than JP ever hooked up with Evans for a long TD.

Yeah those idiots Jack Kemp and Jim Kelly did nothing to promote, clean up and help the WNY region. :bag:

JP planted a few trees and picked up garbage one day for the media and he's a great guy?? Wouldn't it have been better for him and his community if he spent some time reviewing game film in the off season and prior to games? When he got benched last year, wouldn't he have been a better guy if he at least gave the appearance of faked interest as to what was going on in the game instead of showing the TV audience his "I can't believe I'm not playing" mope while isolating himself at the end of the bench wearing his goofy beard and full-length cover-up?

I'm with you there.. I'd rather he did what he was getting paid for first, and did it better.. before trying to go out and improve the community.

If anyone could not do their job well, but tried to win favor by organizing office parties, recycling roundups and the like, I don't see him/her keeping that job for very long.