Florio thinks the Bills will make a run at Vick

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/19/...ck-destination/

can't say i agree, but the JT part is interesting.

It's BS about the Vick stuff. TO is maybe the worst teammate ever but he isn't a complete piece of trash like Vick is. I'm maybe the biggest Bills fan ever but I would strongly consider switching teams if they ever signed him.

Just saw this as well. He's right about them selling Vick to the fans. The Bills could sell dog sh-- for dinner and the fanbase would eat it right up.

This makes no sense to me. You really don't see the difference in getting a HOF receiver who caught 10 tds in a "down" season as compared to a dog murdered???

There's no way anyone would want Vick and I really don't know how any team could market him to their fanbase. As completely messed up as it is, Vick would probably be better off being Leonard Little.

C'mon guys, Vick did a prison term and could very well be a changed person. I don't know him personally so I can't speak on how the guy actually feels. To claim the guy is a complete piece of trash though is ridiculous. How many of you get up a 5:00 am to sit in a tree stand and shoot at a scared, color-blind animal running full speed trying to get away from you? You murderers :thumbsup: Don't try to claim that you NEED to kill the deer for food or you'll starve, seriously. How many of you have been involved in some form of seriously illegal activity that you never got caught for? Just like Jesus said when they brought the adulterous woman to him wanting to stone her, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." There's not a person on the face of this earth that can answer that bell. :lol:

This makes no sense to me. You really don't see the difference in getting a HOF receiver who caught 10 tds in a "down" season as compared to a dog murdered???

There's no way anyone would want Vick and I really don't know how any team could market him to their fanbase. As completely messed up as it is, Vick would probably be better off being Leonard Little.

Dude, you need to chill. What Vick did was wrong. I think we can all agree on that. But the man has served his time. Did you grow up as an African American in the rural South? Before you start getting all high and mighty and self rightious on what a horrible person Mike Vick is, compare his background to yours before you start throwing stones. I live in Atlanta, and let me tell bro there are many many people down here who still worship Mike Vick. His jersey is worn by many, and a lot of those jerseys are worn by kids.

I totally think what Michael Vick did was wrong. Does that make me hate the guy forever? No!! White society especially the media sets the morals and rules for how people are supposed to behave. Did you see any black people protesting against Vick in front of the courthouse in Virginia when he was sentenced? Not at all. In a large part of black America especially in lower income areas, in the South, dogs are not thought of with the same reverance as in all the lilly white parts of our country. And if you have half a brain, I am sure you can figure out where those feelings come from.

When people care far more about dogs than human beings, something is really frickin wrong with our society.

Dude, you need to chill. What Vick did was wrong. I think we can all agree on that. But the man has served his time. Did you grow up as an African American in the rural South? Before you start getting all high and mighty and self rightious on what a horrible person Mike Vick is, compare his background to yours before you start throwing stones. I live in Atlanta, and let me tell bro there are many many people down here who still worship Mike Vick. His jersey is worn by many, and a lot of those jerseys are worn by kids.

I totally think what Michael Vick did was wrong. Does that make me hate the guy forever? No!! White society especially the media sets the morals and rules for how people are supposed to behave. Did you see any black people protesting against Vick in front of the courthouse in Virginia when he was sentenced? Not at all. In a large part of black America especially in lower income areas, in the South, dogs are not thought of with the same reverance as in all the lilly white parts of our country. And if you have half a brain, I am sure you can figure out where those feelings come from.

When people care far more about dogs than human beings, something is really frickin wrong with our society.

Just because black people don't hate Mike Vick doesn't mean he isn't a scum bag.

It's BS about the Vick stuff. TO is maybe the worst teammate ever but he isn't a complete piece of trash like Vick is. I'm maybe the biggest Bills fan ever but I would strongly consider switching teams if they ever signed him.

Sure

Just because black people don't hate Mike Vick doesn't mean he isn't a scum bag.[/quote

Disagree with u to an extent

What a bunch of racists we are electing a black president oh poor mikey. Dude I think the guy served his time but the race card doesnt work any more and neither does Vick.

The original poster makes me sick though

Just because black people don't hate Mike Vick doesn't mean he isn't a scum bag.

FWIW, in today's ESPN NFL survey about 53% of respondents thought that Michael Vick's punishment was fair. About 25% thought it was too tough and about the same that it was too lenient.

I agree what he did was heinous but I'm not sure how the mistreatment and torture-killing of numerous dogs translates into human lives. I'm an animal lover but to me it's an interesting question as to how Vick's crimes stack up against for instance, Donte Stallworth's possible DUI/Vehicular Homicide incident...or any other crime in which a human life was lost.

I just read this article. PFT is full of it. Buffalo wanted Taylor? What the. For a team that wants to win we didn't need a fossil like that. And as for Vick, I doubt the Bills would take a chance on Vick. Vick has been in jail. He has probably been lifting weights and is tougher then before. He should make a good starter for someone, but not a Bills team who is going with Edwards or Bust.

That should put this notion to rest.

Well, I did write it last week. It hasn't stopped PFT and Skip Bayless from promoting the Bills as a possibility.

I felt ridiculous wasting a blog entry to cross him off the Bills' list, but others don't find it so ridiculous, I guess.

You would complain until Edwards gets knocked out and Vick comes in to QB. Then you would take your old JP jersey and duck tape Vick on the back.

What are u talking about I could care less either way I was saying that if he was the #1 Bills fan he would stay with us.

C'mon guys, Vick did a prison term and could very well be a changed person. I don't know him personally so I can't speak on how the guy actually feels. To claim the guy is a complete piece of trash though is ridiculous. How many of you get up a 5:00 am to sit in a tree stand and shoot at a scared, color-blind animal running full speed trying to get away from you? You murderers :thumbsup: Don't try to claim that you NEED to kill the deer for food or you'll starve, seriously. How many of you have been involved in some form of seriously illegal activity that you never got caught for? Just like Jesus said when they brought the adulterous woman to him wanting to stone her, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." There's not a person on the face of this earth that can answer that bell. :lol:

Bet ya he ***** easier now

What I dont understand is: why does he assume that getting Michael Vick on your team translates into wins? He was a terrible QB before he was sent to the can; i dont know what the fascination is with this guy, he ran really fast and had a cannon for an arm, but he was a terrible passer.

These retards that are obsessed with athletic ability at the QB position are so stupid, so many times people forget to see if a guy is good "NFL" QB. Vince young looked like a great QB in that game against USC running all over the field and throwing seven yard hitches, and bubble screens in the spread-option offense from the shotgun, none of which translates well to a good passer in the NFL.

He was fast though, and could and make plays with his feet, two things O. coordinators don't have in thier playbook and dont gameplan for, and now VY's holding a clipboard for a guy who though less exiting, wins games by being consitantly accurate, not making mistakes and getting the ball in the hands of the his teammates. Just like the guy who Has Mike Vicks old job in Atlanta.

If drew Brees , who was drafted the same year as Vick was out of the league for the last two years and couldnt practice because he had to go upstate. people would say he was finished and no one would want him. Though a guy like Vick who had a hard time grasping offenses and had accuracy problems and was jus simply an average at best all around QB, is supposed to help Buffalo get to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade? because he's fast

For one simple reason, they signed terrell owens. It's apparent to me that to the media, Buffalo has become a cross between the Raiders and Bengals, a haven for the criminal element and a last stop for castaway superstars, in a matter of just two offseasons. Let them keep thinking that, and let them be the media, wrong as usual. Because Terrel owens though considered a poison, isnt and has never been a criminal and all the criminals on buffalo are home grown, they would never have drafted Lynch if he had done his hit-and-run or had a weapons arrest before the draft.

As much as i hate TO's personallity i realize it has only to do with football, his antics are only football antics. Mike Vick was a federal criminal and went to jail for disgusting crimes that he didnt need to be involved in in the first place. PSo the media putting TO & MV in the same group is incredibly unfair to Owens.

I'm sure some team will re-fall in love with his speed and rocket arm and overlook the fact that he wasnt a very good QB before he went to the pokey. I dont think it will be, and my god I hope it wont be the Bills.

I am not all advocating what Vick did (typical white guy who thinks the crime speaks volumes about the person), and I certainly would not be happy to see the Bills sign him. I am not on board with the TO thing, but can deal with it. A Vick signing would only indicate, to me, that this franchise feels every bit as desperate as they look to me.

All that said, I can't think of a single sports star/celebrity (except maybe Mike Tyson) who has really paid any price for committing a crime, other than Vick. Some might argue, if Vick had not been who he is, he might not have gotten the time he was sentenced to. The guy has paid for his crime, as much as our courts will allow. He will get another shot somewhere...not Buffalo.

The biggest flaw in Florios' theory is comparing the Bills signing Vick, with their singning of Owens. I am not a big fan of Owens, but I realize, he is one of the very elite wide receivers of the past 20 years. Vick, while talented, is hardly an elite NFL QB, even if he picked up right where he left off, after the 2006 season. Even on paper, I am not sure that Ralph could be convinced that Vick would add anything concrete toward making the Bills winners. The Owens thing, at least, makes football sense.

Also, whether it is Ralph Wilson, or Russ Brandon calling the shots at this point, after this disastrous, almost Bengalian off-season on the police blotter, and the Bills history with murderers (Simpson, Dunaway), signing Mike Vick would hardly be the way, I would think, the Bills would choose to celebrate the teams 50th anniversary.

Way to play the race card. This was strictly a debate about his merits, what he would bring to the team, and the potential p.r. hit. You have lowered the conversation to make this racial issue, when none exists. Foolish.

He was part of an organized criminal activity that tortured and slaughtered not only the pit bulls and other dogs that they trained to fight (which is beyond sick) but family pets as well. Besides all that, he lied about it after he was found out. He was a below average QB anyway and after that, goes down as one of the biggest scumbags in the history of the NFL...I hope Goodell never reinstates that piece of trash and I'd sooner see him thrown over the Falls than have him play a down in Buffalo.

As for the race card, that's beyond stupid...there are white guys involved in that sick crime as well and they should all be treated the same....do to all of them what they did to those poor pets.

"This is the BILLS. If T.O. slams someone, they probably deserve it, and every fan will be cheering, because T.O. typically is right. If my QB puked in the Superbowl, I’d want someone to speak up too! We are just waiting for one of Jauron’s boneheaded calls, for T.O. to just smack him." Excerpt from fan reaction to this article

:thumbsup:

We just kicked an inaccurate 1st round QB to the curb. Vick makes no sense here.

Come to think of it, he just makes no sense, period.

Well, I did write it last week. It hasn't stopped PFT and Skip Bayless from promoting the Bills as a possibility.

I felt ridiculous wasting a blog entry to cross him off the Bills' list, but others don't find it so ridiculous, I guess.

I think this reply to Florio's post sums it up perfectly: "Now you’re clearly in 'throw crap against the wall' mode." So you're not onboard with Florio's and Bayless' random, fact-free speculation? That's probably a GOOD thing ...

Just think if Buffalo or another NFL team did pick MV as their QB and started winning...watch how fast the US rides the bandwagon of all the media coverage. Mick Vick is now talking with the Humane society about starting a program to stop dog fighting with urban teenagers in the US...he has done his time and if he begins educating people and stopping this horrible situation...well I would have to say I would be all for it regardless of what team he plays for.

Just saw this as well. He's right about them selling Vick to the fans. The Bills could sell dog sh-- for dinner and the fanbase would eat it right up.

In this case, the Bills would be selling the fans dog guts. And I don't think even the playoff starved fans of the Buffalo Bills would welcome Vick with open arms. People love dogs, and sometimes they love dogs more then other people. Vick may never play another down in the NFL, in my opinion.

C'mon guys, Vick did a prison term and could very well be a changed person. I don't know him personally so I can't speak on how the guy actually feels. To claim the guy is a complete piece of trash though is ridiculous. How many of you get up a 5:00 am to sit in a tree stand and shoot at a scared, color-blind animal running full speed trying to get away from you? You murderers :wacko: Don't try to claim that you NEED to kill the deer for food or you'll starve, seriously. How many of you have been involved in some form of seriously illegal activity that you never got caught for? Just like Jesus said when they brought the adulterous woman to him wanting to stone her, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." There's not a person on the face of this earth that can answer that bell. :thumbsup:

You are right but that doesn't mean I have to like him or cheer for him and by the way i won't.