Skip thinks Bills one of few teams who might take a chance on Vick

Say what you want, Vick would be a disgusting backup QB. Teams prepping all week for Edwards then he gets hurt (shocker) and the exact opposite QB takes over for the rest of the game? Vick was a below average quarterback because he relied on his skills too much and teams could game plan for him. Nobody game plans for a backup QB. A trick play once in a while wouldn't hurt either. He doesn't have the brains to be a starter in this league, but he's more slash than Kordell Stewart ever was.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want, Vick would be a disgusting backup QB. Teams prepping all week for Edwards then he gets hurt (shocker) and the exact opposite QB takes over for the rest of the game? Vick was a below average quarterback because he relied on his skills too much and teams could game plan for him. Nobody game plans for a backup QB. A trick play once in a while wouldn't hurt either. He doesn't have the brains to be a starter in this league, but he's more slash than Kordell Stewart ever was.

so the plan would be have Edwards start and then if we were losing, have him fake an injury for Vick? Cmon, using a backup QB as your trump card in your gameplan strategy?

Also, who says Vick comes back and takes a role as a backup? Who's to say he doesn't come back and want starter money or a starting role somewhere?

He did do his time. If he has skills that can allow him to earn, he should have this chance.

Redemption can be acheived for his crime and he paid a very heavy price already.

Time for people to move on, let the guy try to live a good productive life.

so the plan would be have Edwards start and then if we were losing, have him fake an injury for Vick? Cmon, using a backup QB as your trump card in your gameplan strategy?

Also, who says Vick comes back and takes a role as a backup? Who's to say he doesn't come back and want starter money or a starting role somewhere?

No, I meant when Edwards inevitably goes down Vick is the perfect QB to step in for that game. I think he'd be perfect for any team with a fragile QB.

Also, I wasn't saying the Bills will sign him, I was just making a point. There's no way he comes to Buffalo. Mutual disinterest.

On ESPN's First Take, Skip just said Buffalo is one of the few teams who might take a chance on Vick.

He cited a need to raise attendance and keep the team in Buffalo (yes, really) as the reasons for why Buffalo grabbed TO and would be the team most likely to make a move for Vick.

I completely disagree with his assessment (both in terms of his logic and conclusion)

What are your thoughts?

funy - if skip knew anything he'd know we have one of the best attendance figures in the league. guy is a moron, alwaysh as been and always will be.

On ESPN's First Take, Skip just said Buffalo is one of the few teams who might take a chance on Vick.

He cited a need to raise attendance and keep the team in Buffalo (yes, really) as the reasons for why Buffalo grabbed TO and would be the team most likely to make a move for Vick.

I completely disagree with his assessment (both in terms of his logic and conclusion)

What are your thoughts?

:thumbdown::sick:

One is vilified by the media, for anything under the sun, but is otherwise a guy who stays out of trouble.

You forgot that one is a the worst teammate in recent history, a guy who has been dumped by two teams DESPITE his superior talent.

Really? Maybe you are just missing the point.

Vick engaged in an ongoing criminal enterprise that involved torturing and killing dogs. He bread dogs for the sole purpose of being tortured and killed...for money. It isn't as if he made a mistake, lost his temper or was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Are there worse crimes? Of course. But many of those you site involve a poor decision at a time of stress or while under the influence. This crime is a sober, deliberate and cold-blooded.

No, I'm not missing the point at all. My point is that if the Bills can make a decision to actively pursue and sign a person who on his 2nd or 3rd DUI got into an accident and killed 3 teenagers AFTER he just served 16 months in prison (Reggie Rogers) and you can stomach that decision it seems a little disingenuous to say that because Vick got caught fighting and killing animals you will disown the team.

Mike Vick's actions sicken me as much as anybody else and I'm not saying I'll be super peachy pleased if they sign him, just that if you've already accepted things that other people in Bills history have done to people without disowning them I'm not sure how this can be a last straw.

Furthermore, I'm also not naive enough to believe that Vick is the only NFL player who has engaged in this type of activity. He may be the one who went to the farthest extreme but I'm sure there is a pretty long list of folks who have fought dogs in the NFL currently.

I don't think anyone is going to hand him big money or a starting job out of the box. He needs to sign a 1 or 2 year deal for low dollars and maximize any on-field opportunities he gets then try to cash it in again.

:thumbsup:

What are your thoughts? I think any thing can happen.To be perfectily honest I did not think that T.O. would ever sign with Buffalo or they would sign him but they did. The Bills signing Vick I think is highly unlikely but I would'nt rule it out.Just because you can never say never. I can see where Skip is comeing from saying this because of the economic stand point because Vick will draw fans into the stadium.I just don't he would be a good fit in Buffalo because the fans of the BILLS would not except somebody that would be involved in ant type of animal cruleity.

What are your thoughts?

As long as the Bills new them music is 'I Wanna Be Your Dog' by Iggy and The Stooges

Shout blows

What are your thoughts? I think any thing can happen.To be perfectily honest I did not think that T.O. would ever sign with Buffalo or they would sign him but they did. The Bills signing Vick I think is highly unlikely but I would'nt rule it out.Just because you can never say never. I can see where Skip is comeing from saying this because of the economic stand point because Vick will draw fans into the stadium.I just don't he would be a good fit in Buffalo because the fans of the BILLS would not except somebody that would be involved in ant type of animal cruleity.

The arguement doesn't make any sense. From an economic standpoint Vick can't increase attendance for a team that's already pretty muched max'd out it's attendance. If anything the signing of Vick has a greater chance of alienating fans due to the heiness acts Vick perpetrated.

If you recall when Vick went through Bankruptcy proceedinds his proposal was based on expected earnings in the $10MM range. That's starter money. That tells me that Vick's expecting to be the starter where ever he lands. For the cost alone, that won't be in Buffalo.

Really? Maybe you are just missing the point.

Vick engaged in an ongoing criminal enterprise that involved torturing and killing dogs. He bread dogs for the sole purpose of being tortured and killed...for money. It isn't as if he made a mistake, lost his temper or was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Are there worse crimes? Of course. But many of those you site involve a poor decision at a time of stress or while under the influence. This crime is a sober, deliberate and cold-blooded.

well said!

What are your thoughts?

If we sign Vick, I will never cheer for the Bills again, plain and simple. I will not renew my subscription to the N.F.L. Sunday Ticket and I will probably never go to another Bills game unless they are playing the wife's team.

i dont see how this would raise attendance. do you think bills fans would come out to see:

(1) a washed up qb

(2) a ruthless dog killer

how would they market it? see the dog killer, and the ralph would sell out?

Leaving aside my opinion on signing Vick (which rhymes with "go trucking gay!".... which actually fits with another thread, but I digress...) Skip's comment reveals how little actual research people who go on sports TV shows actually do about the teams they discuss. Then they cover it up by simply having one or two other people take the opposite position, when not a single one of them knows anything about the team in question. They are wasting your time, people... stick to the knowledgeable folks at TSW....

No one should ever and I mean EVER TAKE SKIP BAYLAS SERIOUSLY. He is a world class tool who knows nothing about sports. I find him to be a dick and I don't reward him or ESPN because I change the channel when he is on and if I know he will be on something I will not watch it. Honestly who is a fan of Skip?

If you ever take the time to read God Save the Fan by Deadspin.com former editor Will Letich you will truly know why ESPN sucks and is hurting the fan and sports in general. Really a good read for any sports fan.