Skip thinks Bills one of few teams who might take a chance on Vick

On ESPN's First Take, Skip just said Buffalo is one of the few teams who might take a chance on Vick.

He cited a need to raise attendance and keep the team in Buffalo (yes, really) as the reasons for why Buffalo grabbed TO and would be the team most likely to make a move for Vick.

I completely disagree with his assessment (both in terms of his logic and conclusion)

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ESPN's First Take, Skip just said Buffalo is one of the few teams who might take a chance on Vick.

He cited a need to raise attendance and keep the team in Buffalo (yes, really) as the reasons for why Buffalo grabbed TO and would be the team most likely to make a move for Vick.

I completely disagree with his assessment (both in terms of his logic and conclusion)

What are your thoughts?

Skip Bayless is a moron and should not be allowed on TV

I'm glad Skip said that, as he is almost always wrong. Is there a bigger idiot on TV?

And, raise attendance? Are the Bills not selling out?

Skip Bayless is a moron and should not be allowed on TV

Soooo, should I put Skip in the "bad" column I'm compiling?

The official TBD media status barometer:

ESPN - bad

Bill Simmons - eternally bad (nobody that I know of likes this douchenozzle)

Mel Kiper - good

Yahoo Sports - bad

Todd McShay - good

Don Banks - was bad, but is now good

Jim Rome - good (I think, I can't remember, I heard him being spoke of fondly recently)

Gregg Easterbrook - good because he has relatives in this area I think?

Chris Berman - good (but once he announces someone other than the Bills making the Super Bowl, that will change)

Peter King - bad unless he writes something nice about Jim Kelly

Colin Cowherd - bad

Channel 7 News - good because they pandered to TO's VH1 show

If the Bills so much as brought Vick in for an interview I'd beat Russ Brandon half to death with my dog's water bowl.

Say "No" to the dog killer!

This is a Skip Bayless thread. Let's not turn it into another Michael Vick/dogfighting thread there mister moral...

ESPN - bad

Mel Kiper - good

Yahoo Sports - bad

Todd McShay - good

Jim Rome - good (I think, I can't remember, I heard him being spoke of fondly recently)

Chris Berman - good (but once he announces someone other than the Bills making the Super Bowl, that will change)

Colin Cowherd - bad

Post of the day. Complete with color coding. You sir are the big winner chicken dinner.

ESPN - bad

Mel Kiper - good

Yahoo Sports - bad

Todd McShay - good

Colin Cowherd - bad

I read Simmons from time to time. His article is really long so I don't spend the time everytime he's published. He's a good writer though.

I like Banks, Rome, Easterbrook is hilarious, and a former Kenmore West Alum, such as myself, King is a great writer. I think I pretty much agree with your list.

I think Berman is ok, but in fairness has almost become a cartoon parody of himself. He doesn't really make any points about anything anymore. Its like "and now to Boomer for those whacky and weird sounds he makes. "Whooat! Whoop! Booom!" "thanks, Boomer."

ESPN - bad

Mel Kiper - good

Yahoo Sports - bad

Todd McShay - good

Colin Cowherd - bad

No mention of Tim Graham?

ESPN - bad Average

Bill Simmons - eternally bad (nobody that I know of likes this douchenozzle) Good writer, bad sports POV

Mel Kiper - good Overrated

Yahoo Sports - bad Typically bad

Todd McShay - good Overrated, but fun to watch fight with Kiper

Don Banks - was bad, but is now good Average

Jim Rome - good (I think, I can't remember, I heard him being spoke of fondly recently) Entertaining

Gregg Easterbrook - good because he has relatives in this area I think? Oneof the better writers

Chris Berman - good (but once he announces someone other than the Bills making the Super Bowl, that will change) Past him prime

Peter King - bad unless he writes something nice about Jim Kelly One of the better writers out there

Colin Cowherd - bad Entertaining, tends to stir the pot rather than do any real sports broadcasting

Channel 7 News - good because they pandered to TO's VH1 show Decent for a local news cast

Just my take on the list

Now the two people debating with Skip are praising Buffalo's treatment of TO, calling it a great move. Unsurprisingly, Skip called it a dumb move, step one on the road to disaster (the second part is composed of my words not his)

Buffalo and T.O. could well be a match made in heaven. Owens loves being the center of attention and Buffalo fans will make him that. Being the big fish in the small pond. Throw in some playoff football and it could be one of the best seasons in a while.

PTR

So long as our GM is from the marketing department a Mike Vick signing is never out of the question. Half of everyone would be excitied. Half of everyone would be incensed. Think of all the attention!

For the record I think he's going to Dallas but in this new "The Bills will sign TO world" nothing seems too outrageous anymore.

So long as our GM is from the marketing department a Mike Vick signing is never out of the question. Half of everyone would be excitied. Half of everyone would be incensed. Think of all the attention!

For the record I think he's going to Dallas but in this new "The Bills will sign TO world" nothing seems too outrageous anymore.

If you mean Vick as a kick returner or WR or RB, maybe. As QB? Fugget'about it! He wasn't a good QB to start with. Two years in the klink won't make him better.

PTR