Day 1 OTA notes from Chris Brown

Best part of Browns note, “It’s going to take some time to get readjusted,” said Butler. “I’m fortunate that I have someone like Chris Kelsay across from me who is going to work hard in practice and help me out."

If Chris Kelsay is who Butler will be going against then you can expect many sacks coming from the right side of the line this year :w00t:

Guest dog14787

Wow, sounds like a real good first day of practice, really upbeat, everyone wants to show there stuff to TO, so TO's making the whole team play harder around him, awesome :w00t:

I like:

-- Schobel said "I'm 100 percent."

-- Langston Walker's team-first attitude.

-- Alvin Bowen participated fully (should be a ST demon).

I'm not sure about:

-- Maybin was unimpressed with change of pace from college to NFL. Either the kid is legit, or the Bills are really slow. I fear the latter.

Right now, It's all about building team chemistry, and learning the system. The line-ups will change by training camp, and again by the start of the season, and we'll know more when the pads are on, but, it is encouraging to know that just about every veteran was in attendance. That tells me they're taking this season seriously, and maybe T.O. has something to do with it, but still, it's a good sign. I liked that most everyone is healthy, and in good shape. And, I liked Maybin's attitude - let's hope it is legitimate, and he's on the first team by training camp. That goes for Nelson, too. At least part of the time. The three reciever sets were interesting, noting who is backing up who. Looks like Parrish will be reserved for fourth reciever and injury relief. Why isn't Rhodes in camp? His loss, because Jackson will bring it.

Not happy about Youboty, but glad Bowen is back.

I am concerned with Youboty too, but if it means more of an opportunity for Reggie Corner to practice at the nickel position, I'll be satisfied. I'd like to see Corner get more playing time.

At quarterback after Edwards rotated out, Gibran Hamdan ran the second team offense. It’s presumed that’s due in part to the fact that Hamdan is more familiar with the offensive system than free agent signee Ryan Fitzpatrick at this stage of the game. Whether that changes sooner or later remains to be seen.

The second group was Justin Jenkins, Steve Johnson and Roscoe Parrish.

Justin Jenkins had some great hand fighting with rookie seventh-round pick Ellis Lankster as he successfully ripped the ball from Lankster for another long reception downfield.

Defensively, Lankster made up for the big play he gave up as he jumped a route by Roscoe Parrish to make an interception off Gibran Hamdan.

And Steve Johnson made a pretty over the shoulder one-handed grab along the right sideline for a 25-yard gain before going out of bounds.

Whooohooo the Chroise at second QB!

Edit: real happy for him, all he ever asked for was a legit shot. Seems he got it. Now it's up to him to execute. Will be nice watching to see how the 2nd/3rd QB battle turns out.

“He’s talented and a physical guy that catches the ball well and moves well,” Trent Edwards said of Terrel Owens. “He’s obviously in great shape. He’s running deep comeback routes one after the other and my job is to get comfortable with him and the rest of the guys. And I thought it was a great start.”

Having a receiver who can effectively run deep comeback routes will be key this year. TO is big enough, physical enough and football-smart enough to really change games with this; it forces safeties to stay off the top and can drive corners off the ball. And as Trent pointed out, it takes a very fit WR to execute often.

:devil: to TO

That's what I was gonna say. Still not healthy after almost a year?

6-7 months is a year now? :devil: We really are in a recession, huh. He got hurt in early October. It was announced he has plantar facitis or whatever the hell it is in early November. Painful injury from what I hear. Hopefully he will be full go by training camp, then there won't be any worries. This is an important year for him. He's likely going to work his ass off.

6-7 months is a year now? :thumbsup: We really are in a recession, huh. He got hurt in early October. It was announced he has plantar facitis or whatever the hell it is in early November. Painful injury from what I hear. Hopefully he will be full go by training camp, then there won't be any worries. This is an important year for him. He's likely going to work his ass off.

Well if you wanna be like that!....Early October - Today is 8 months...You fair and balanced dog you.