A key to the city?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way off-base, IMO. This type of circus crap happens in every major city. This happens to be the first mega-star the city has had in an era of media frenzy. He is way more than a football player and every public figure wants a piece. It was actually way worse in Dallas. Buffalo is not doing anything different than any other market would do. Miami made Shaq a honorary sheriff and called a press conference to give him his badge. It is all a big joke but don't feel embarassed, this is a cultural problem that is not regionalized.

Yep. TO revealed that Dallas gave him a key to the city as well.[/thread]

Tell me again why people dig this Twitter thing? I could never do this, because I need to type in English ...

i'm back frm gettin my KEY 2 the city & my debut on Ch. 7 news here n Buffalo!! all i cn say is...WHAT A DAY!!! :-)

about 1 hour ago from web

THANX 2 ALL THE BILLS' & TWITTER FANS THT R SHOWING ME MAD LOVE & SUPPORT!!! THANK U SO MUCH!!

about 1 hour ago from web

Tell me again why people dig this Twitter thing? I could never do this, because I need to type in English ...

I don't get that into it myself but I've conversed with TO and Jessica Alba in the past on my private account and just got a message from TO on my blog's account, too...so it can be kinda fun but it's no social networking site like Facebook or Myspace

I think alot of posters here are over reacting. This is all nothing but good for Buffalo and the Bills. The City and team are getting national exposure - positive national exposure. You've got an established player talking about the making playoffs and Super Bowl. You got excitement to spare. How can any of this be bad for the City?

As an outsider, looking in, I'd say it looks like a breath of fresh air blowing into what was a stagnant franchise. The Bills, especially the young players, need exactly this kind of exposure and expectations placed on them. The City needs this kind of exposure. Again, how is it bad? Sure, it may all blow up in 6 months or a year, but worry about that when it happens I say. Until then enjoy the ride and hope TO can deliver on his 10 touchdowns. One thing you can bet on.... you know he won't settle for Jauron's mediocre well at least we tried speech.

Guest dog14787
I think alot of posters here are over reacting. This is all nothing but good for Buffalo and the Bills. The City and team are getting national exposure - positive national exposure. You've got an established player talking about the making playoffs and Super Bowl. You got excitement to spare. How can any of this be bad for the City?

As an outsider, looking in, I'd say it looks like a breath of fresh air blowing into what was a stagnant franchise. The Bills, especially the young players, need exactly this kind of exposure and expectations placed on them. The City needs this kind of exposure. Again, how is it bad? Sure, it may all blow up in 6 months or a year, but worry about that when it happens I say. Until then enjoy the ride and hope TO can deliver on his 10 touchdowns. One thing you can bet on.... you know he won't settle for Jauron's mediocre well at least we tried speech.

Good post, TO elevates the practices and he will elevate the play on game day, how can that not be a good thing when TO makes everyone around him play harder :devil:

Ok I still think the whole key to the city thing should have come after the season but ow well. For those bashing the peepz @ the airport, this kinda stuff is what gives players that extra bit of incentive/fuel that translates into a winning spirit for the entire team. I for one applaud the peepz who spend almost all day waiting at the airport to give him that.

TO didn't deserve a key to the city...and no way did my dad deserve that "World's Greatest Dad" coffee mug we gave him when I was a kid...

You bastard! How dare you say that? Next March 20th you are going to be one lonely young man!

I don't get that into it myself but I've conversed with TO and Jessica Alba in the past on my private account and just got a message from TO on my blog's account, too...so it can be kinda fun but it's no social networking site like Facebook or Myspace

I can't imagine what I would say to Jessica Alba other than "You're very hot, may I have some naked pictures?".

I certainly wouldn't be able to compliment her on any of her performances...

Why stop at a key? They could give him the deeds to half the East Side. Maybe he could be an urban farmer. Now THAT'd be a reality show. TO, Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie urban farming in B-Lo.

That is good stuff :thumbsup: