Bruce Smith THE major bust

Bruce is very well spoken, almost eloquent. Of course, whoever put that piece together seemed bent on finding as many or even more highlights of Smith in a Redskins uniform as his Bills uniform. Since he only played his last couple of years in Washington at his oldest and least athletic, the guy had to really work hard to find those plays, as compared to only having about 1,000 plays Bruce made as a Buffalo Bill in his 15 years here, to choose from.

Sometimes I just get pissed off as a Buffalonian and life time Bills fan. Sorry, but I had to vent. :cry:

Watching Bruce is indicative of why we drafted Maybin with the #11. This is NOT to say that they are of the same caliber, but it sure is hard to get a pass rusher these days.

A few years ago, high quality Left Tackles were scarce. Now, they seem to be springing up quite often. There is absolutely nobody around who can play like Bruce, not even close.

It is fun to watch football evolve. With the lack of quality DEs (especially pass rushers) and the abundance of quality LTs, it looks as if there will be more offensive shootouts. Running and passing will be easier.

Don't mind ne....just thinking aloud.

Watching Bruce is indicative of why we drafted Maybin with the #11. This is NOT to say that they are of the same caliber, but it sure is hard to get a pass rusher these days.

A few years ago, high quality Left Tackles were scarce. Now, they seem to be springing up quite often. There is absolutely nobody around who can play like Bruce, not even close.

It is fun to watch football evolve. With the lack of quality DEs (especially pass rushers) and the abundance of quality LTs, it looks as if there will be more offensive shootouts. Running and passing will be easier.

Don't mind ne....just thinking aloud.

You are dead on Bill.

LT are not the diamond in the rough they were ten years ago. College conditioning a weight programs, now rival the NFL. Teams have a much better idea of how a kid is going to do now. However for somereason it has not trickled over to the defensive side of the line yet. Mostly because of how much more physical the dline position is in the pros then college. Also the speed and length of the NFL season. It is physically more demanding to play Dline then Oline. But you got to be smarter to play Oline (sorry just an old olineman taking a dig at dlineman).

Bruce is very well spoken, almost eloquent. Of course, whoever put that piece together seemed bent on finding as many or even more highlights of Smith in a Redskins uniform as his Bills uniform. Since he only played his last couple of years in Washington at his oldest and least athletic, the guy had to really work hard to find those plays, as compared to only having about 1,000 plays Bruce made as a Buffalo Bill in his 15 years here, to choose from.

Sometimes I just get pissed off as a Buffalonian and life time Bills fan. Sorry, but I had to vent. :cry:

Meh, that's just our local Utah TV sports reporter team for ya.

Bar none, my favorite all-time not only Buffalo Bills player but NFL player...period.

On that note, does anyone know why the Bills have carried Kelly, Thomas, and Reed jerseys for the past 15+ seasons, but they have not come out with a B. Smith one yet?

I'm hoping that with him getting into the Hall perhaps may coerce the Bills into finally giving Bruce his due...

I'd love to get an authentic Bills jersey, circa Super Bowl XXV with the patch, autographed, framed, mounted, and up on my wall.

Here's to Bruce. A great athlete, with a few weaknesses, but that simply makes him all the more human.

:cry:

He may simply be the greatest player to put on a Bills uniform. IMO even better than Kelly and that is not in any way a knock on Kelly.

He may simply be the greatest player to put on a Bills uniform. IMO even better than Kelly and that is not in any way a knock on Kelly.

I think you could make a compelling argument that Oj Simpson, and Bruce Smith were the best players to ever wear a Bills uniform. I am not saying Bruce was the best defensive end of all time, or that juice was the greatest RB of all time, but both belong right up there in the same breath with the all-time greats. I am not sure you could make that claim about any other Buffalo Bills player, as great as some of them have been.

I think you could make a compelling argument that Oj Simpson, and Bruce Smith were the best players to ever wear a Bills uniform. I am not saying Bruce was the best defensive end of all time, or that juice was the greatest RB of all time, but both belong right up there in the same breath with the all-time greats. I am not sure you could make that claim about any other Buffalo Bills player, as great as some of them have been.

OJ,Bruce,Robert James,Cookie Gilchrist,Joe D,Billy Shaw.In that order.

Bar none, my favorite all-time not only Buffalo Bills player but NFL player...period.

On that note, does anyone know why the Bills have carried Kelly, Thomas, and Reed jerseys for the past 15+ seasons, but they have not come out with a B. Smith one yet?

I'm hoping that with him getting into the Hall perhaps may coerce the Bills into finally giving Bruce his due...

I'd love to get an authentic Bills jersey, circa Super Bowl XXV with the patch, autographed, framed, mounted, and up on my wall.

Replithentic

Throwback

I believe Mitchell + Ness made their own choices for the SB XXV jerseys, instead of asking the Bills.