Any word from Ralph???

It seems a bit strange to not have heard anything from Ralph lately. With the passing of his daughter recently, one can understand that he would have been focused on his family, and still may well be. Yet, one still wonders as Ralph himself is quite elderly. I hope he can find peace with his daughter Linda's passing and that he has many more years left to enjoy.

An era is passing........

Ralph is not one for off topic press conferences to begin with, and I would think with his daughter's illness (and his injury) he's been laying low. But, he has always struck me as a guy that keeps himself in good shape with tennis and all that. May he live to be 100. I think we'll hear from him come training camp.

Ralph is not one for off topic press conferences to begin with, and I would think with his daughter's illness (and his injury) he's been laying low. But, he has always struck me as a guy that keeps himself in good shape with tennis and all that. May he live to be 100. I think we'll hear from him come training camp.

Or, the report that he's suffering from dementia was accurate, in which case, the end is near.

Or, the report unsubstantiated message-board rumor ...

Fixed. Until proven otherwise, I'll rank this one right up there with Cutler-to-Buffalo and all the other "inside sources" crap that's been posted here lately.

FWIW, the e-mail announcing his daughter's passing included a paragraph from Ralph. And since the memorial service hasn't even taken place yet, is it really all that strange to think that he isn't really in the mood to make public statements right now?

It seems a bit strange to not have heard anything from Ralph lately. With the passing of his daughter recently, one can understand that he would have been focused on his family, and still may well be. Yet, one still wonders as Ralph himself is quite elderly. I hope he can find peace with his daughter Linda's passing and that he has many more years left to enjoy.

An era is passing........

I wouldn't be too worried about it, it's not all that uncommon for him to be rather quiet during the off-season.

By the way, great job with the bar and rec room! I would love to have the space to build something like that...

That was me and I'll stand by it. He fractured his shoulder, seeked treatment in florida, and has dementia.

This may indeed be true, but I hesitate to accept as gospel medical reports from someone who writes that people "seeked" anything.

What are ya, Popeye the Medicine Man? <_<

That was me and I'll stand by it. He fractured his shoulder, seeked treatment in florida, and has dementia.

Does the man not have enough pain and loss to deal with already? Hopefully he does not seeked to spread rumors about people on this board.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/677981.html

Sullivan's column would appear to refute any rumors about Mr. Wilson's cognitive state, wouldn't you say?

Quote: Wilson said even he was surprised to hear season-ticket sales are over 50,000. He called Terrell Owens a "feather in Buffalo's cap" and was glad to see him get a key to the city.

"I've never gotten one," he said. "There were times when people wanted to give me a key out of the city."

He's got plenty to keep him busy. There's a pile of letters from people around the country, offering condolences on his daughter's death.

"I haven't had a chance to read them all," he said. "We have 250 condolence letters from people [acknowledging] Blanda's passing. Two hundred fifty! They came in droves, and they're still coming. And she was not one to go around bragging, "My father owns the team.' She'd be sitting next to a scout at games and never say a thing.

"She was very simple, with simple tastes," he said. "She didn't drive any Jaguars. She enjoyed her life. I don't know what people assumed, but she was a real scout. I talked to her all the time about players. She loved the game, and she loved the Bills."

Both humerous and poignant. Sounds pretty spry for a guy with 9 decades.

Awesome!

Quote: Wilson said even he was surprised to hear season-ticket sales are over 50,000. He called Terrell Owens a "feather in Buffalo's cap" and was glad to see him get a key to the city.

"I've never gotten one," he said. "There were times when people wanted to give me a key out of the city."

He's got plenty to keep him busy. There's a pile of letters from people around the country, offering condolences on his daughter's death.

"I haven't had a chance to read them all," he said. "We have 250 condolence letters from people [acknowledging] Blanda's passing. Two hundred fifty! They came in droves, and they're still coming. And she was not one to go around bragging, "My father owns the team.' She'd be sitting next to a scout at games and never say a thing.

"She was very simple, with simple tastes," he said. "She didn't drive any Jaguars. She enjoyed her life. I don't know what people assumed, but she was a real scout. I talked to her all the time about players. She loved the game, and she loved the Bills."

Both humerous and poignant. Sounds pretty spry for a guy with 9 decades.

Awesome!

I am surprised that he talked to Jerry Sullivan of all people. Didn't Jerry say that Ralph had dementia or something?

I am surprised that he talked to Jerry Sullivan of all people. Didn't Jerry say that Ralph had dementia or something?

He called him "doddering," which Ralph took exception to. The only place I've ever seen dementia suggested was on this board, and I've seen no proof from reputable sources to back it up.