Has anyone heard what Ralph thought of his draft?

Ralph's daughter, Linda Bogden Wilson passed away today. She has been very ill, with cancer,and, it seems, Ralph, understandably has had his thoughts elsewhere. I thought about starting a thread about this, but with no link to provide, I figured it would devolve into snarky comments... Mr Wilson kept her impending death quiet from those in the organization.

If thats true, thats horrible news. Thoughts and prayers to Wilson's family.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't make something like that up...but I appreciate the sentiment.

I am sure you wouldn't and I don't mean to question your honesty. It's just that there are a lot of lies posted on this board and this is not something that should be joked about.

Again, I apologize for questioning you. God Bless the Wilson Family.

I heard that the doc that took care of him noted his dementia and did not think he could make any legit decisions. Don't kill the messenger. This is just what I heard.

Do you even know what you are saying? If you are going to write crap like this, and hope to not be known as a complete turd, then you have to provide a source, or immediately retract and apologize to Ralph.

Let's just say that what you wrote is factually accurate. That would mean Ralph's doctor told his family what he "noted". Then that would also mean Ralph's family in turn passed this somewhat personal information over to others, who in turn passed it to your source. How likely is it that Ralph's family and close associates would trade in this kind of information? Not at all.

I usually take stuff on this board with a big grain of salt, but I just find this particular show of ignorance highly offensive.

Ralph's daughter, Linda Bogden Wilson passed away today. She has been very ill, with cancer,and, it seems, Ralph, understandably has had his thoughts elsewhere. I thought about starting a thread about this, but with no link to provide, I figured it would devolve into snarky comments... Mr Wilson kept her impending death quiet from those in the organization.

Thanks for sharing the news Buftex.

It's certainly very sad to hear, and prayers go out to the entire Wilson family.

On a small sidenote:

Too bad she wont be there to see Ralph get inducted into the Hall of Fame.

This is very sad. Nobody should out live their children, goes against the natural order of things. Sincere condolences to the Wislon Family.

Well if you heard that from someone they are commiting a serious violation of Dr. Pt confidentially. More than likely you are full of it and just stirring the pot.

No names, no HIPPA violations, just consider it a very reliable source.

Sorry to hear that. IIRC, Linda was the scout that pulled for the team to sign Phat Pat Williams as an UDFA, so she had a good football eye.

My condolences to the Wilson family.

She was the only female scout in the NFL.

Okay, fair enough. I didn't know that. I didn't know if he was just trying to make a bad joke about our lack of OT's drafted. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past some people to so something like that.

I apologize

Okay, fair enough. I didn't know that. I didn't know if he was just trying to make a bad joke about our lack of OT's drafted. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past some people to so something like that.

I apologize

I actually thought he was kidding, too. I was more than a little ashamed when I actually laughed out loud, too... :rolleyes:

A parent outliving a child is very sad. No matter how old either are. But just to be safe I will wait for independent confirmation on this scoop.

EDIT: I just did a web search and nothing about the passing of Linda Bogdan. I hope this is not another hoax.

PTR

A parent outliving a child is very sad. No matter how old either are. But just to be safe I will wait for independent confirmation on this scoop.

EDIT: I just did a web search and nothing about the passing of Linda Bogdan. I hope this is not another hoax.

PTR

Buftex has been a very reputable member here at TBD and his word is gold IMHO.