Patriots "Loved" Eric Wood

A note from Peter King (SI.com) in his MMQB article:

I was told last night the Patriots loved Eric Wood, the Louisville center who projected to center or guard in the NFL, but if that's the case, they could have had him at 26 instead of trading out of the round for yet more picks. So I remain mystified about the continued trading rather than picking.

Many of you know that I had Wood as my #1 center. Should I be happy that Belichick and Company wanted him too? Or am I too hung up on the "what would New England do?" stuff?

I was told last night the Patriots loved Eric Wood, the Louisville center who projected to center or guard in the NFL, but if that's the case, they could have had him at 26 instead of trading out of the round for yet more picks. So I remain mystified about the continued trading rather than picking.

Many of you know that I had Wood as my #1 center. Should I be happy that Belichick and Company wanted him too? Or am I too hung up on the "what would New England do?" stuff?

If they did want him, WAY TO STICK IT TO EM! If they didn't, we still got a good player. Win Win!

Be happy. You might not get the chance opening night. Besides, you nailed the Raiders reach. Have a beer on all of us!

No to your first question as teams that are open about particular players before the draft are likely lying.

Yes to your second question.

I dont know but doesn't Eric Wood just seem like the type of player the pats would pick (and WE should be picking)

Nasty....just a mean and nasty guy who will fight Brace and Wilfork to the bitter end.

I mean.....he strikes me as the kind of kid that would take it REALLY personal if someone took a cheap shot at our QB.....Levitre too.

Be happy. You might not get the chance opening night. Besides, you nailed the Raiders reach. Have a beer on all of us!

Thanks, but no more beer. Saturday night I was swimming through my living room...thank goodness for vitamin B or I might be dead to the world right now.

i think you're overthinking your thinking. when the pats actually have some success on the field, than it will be time to worry about what they do or don't do. it's pretty obvious they've just been really, really, really, really lucky the past decade or so.

i think you're overthinking your thinking. when the pats actually have some success on the field, than it will be time to worry about what they do or don't do. it's pretty obvious they've just been really, really, really, really lucky the past decade or so.

LOL, nice!

:rolleyes:

When University of Kentucky played University of Louisville last September, a defensive tackle by the name of Myron Pryor ate Eric Wood alive. Guess who drafter Myron Proyor----New England Patriots.

When University of Kentucky played University of Louisville last September, a defensive tackle by the name of Myron Pryor ate Eric Wood alive. Guess who drafter Myron Proyor----New England Patriots.

Yeah, if you call three tackles and fumble recovery being eaten alive. Other than the fumble recovery, sounds like a pretty avg day for a Nose Tackle. UL couldn't run the ball worth anything that day, true (1.8 avg), but not sure if that was all on Wood. BTW, Kentucky couldn't either, averaging 1.9 ypc, FWIW (maybe not much).

Must......poop......in.......punchbowl......resistance......is.......futile.

Yeah, if you call three tackles and fumble recovery being eaten alive. Other than the fumble recovery, sounds like a pretty avg day for a Nose Tackle. UL couldn't run the ball worth anything that day, true (1.8 avg), but not sure if that was all on Wood. BTW, Kentucky couldn't either, averaging 1.9 ypc, FWIW (maybe not much).

pwned.

They probably didn't even need to scout Myron Pryor after that. They probably just figured that if Pryor could eat the mighty Eric Wood, who they covet and no one can eat, they should get both of them.

They probably didn't count on the Bills taking an interior linemen that early in the draft. Probably figured we'd go for a DB!