Round 2, Pick 42: JAIRUS BYRD, CB, Oregon

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills plan on playing him at Safety, then fine. I'll deal cause the guy seems to have a good eye for the ball. Plus, maybe there is a reason that Everette Brown fell as far as he did. I would have liked a Center here, but eh.

Now, if this seriously is meant to be a CB pick. !@#$ you Russ and !@#$ you Dick Jauron. You are completely !@#$ing retarded. I want to punch you both in the face as hard as I can. Go dig a hole somewhere and !@#$ yourself into it.

Eric Wood isn't a good enough center for you...:wallbash:

i never said i was done liking the bills. i'm just not spending 450$ on season tickets. 8 years of witnessing this garbage in person was enough. i'm glad the bills have some of you fools to keep ponying up money so i can watch them on tv. thank you guys.

It's not about who he is. Hell, pry 95% of us don't know who he is. It's the fact that he is a player who plays at a position we are loaded at while there are players out there available who fill immediate, deafening needs.

Except he's projected to be a safety - a position we spent most of last season filling with a converted WR. But why let that get in the way of a nice estrogen filled rant? I mean, you've heard of Everette Brown. So if we'd picked him you'd be happy. You wouldn't really know dick about him, but it's all about your happiness...

no you have sh------- writing skills..you said they passed on Orakpo and Brown in the second...you said nothing bout the first round...don't think people are just going to assume you meant that because you sure as hell didn't write it like that

You are an absolute !@#$ing moron. I don't know if maybe your on your fifth beer or something, but holy sh--. I mean its one thing to be stupid but to try and justify your stupidity, Jesus. Btw this pick is !@#$ing bull sh-- but at least we aren't the Oakland Raiders.

Later.

People who react like this are pathetic.

Most people couldn't even name 75% of the draftees until a few weeks ago.

Every frickin' year people go nuts when we don't take so-and-so who usually turns out to be bust anyway. People really need a life. Take a chill and see what happens.

agreed, some of the best players are usually no namers and late round gems, thats how you win games....not by the biggest names in COLLEGE football.

that pick made my decision easy for re-newing my season tickets. no freaking way. i'm going to sell 4 of my 8 jerseys too. won't ever wear them to a game again soo. fuuck it.

you call youself Die-Hard and yet the Bills 2nd round pick, their 3rd choice in the draft, has convinced you to not renew your tickets. that's like being 300 lbs and called Tiny.

Except he's projected to be a safety - a position we spent most of last season filling with a converted WR. But why let that get in the way of a nice estrogen filled rant. I mean, you've heard of Everette Brown. So if we'd picked him you'd be happy. You wouldn't really know dick about him, but it's all about your happiness...

Oh don't let the facts get in his way, Darin.

die hard?

if the movie was like your fanaticism...bruce willis would have died in a car accident on the way to the Nakatomi bldg......

and what is everyones obsession with Orakpo? do you guys like the way he looks with his shirt off or soemthing? cuz thats all he has proven....that he knows how to work out...big deal...hes a texas guy...all of their players are over rated

and where was a good OLB that was available that isnt going to be there in the 3rd or 4th rd?

personally i dont think tackle is that immediate of a need...i mean they did just fine in the first 4 weeks last season....and center was a weaker spot

Has an injury history too.

He had a 37 game streak He is very durable... Dumb Ass... If everybody can call the ones calling the shots then you must be called a dumb ass for posting that crap.

Good pick, Jairus Byrd should be a starter on openning day...Simpson is gone for sure now . Think about our safety depth .A converted WR , some white kid and who else ? an old guy who has been in the league for 7 yrs. ? We can get our right tackle later . I guess people should listen when the GM, Scouts , Head Coach all say they Like Bell at tackle, just maybe they see something in him like they saw in Peters... you know the undrafted FA pickup .

They are converting him to guard!!!

who says they are converting him to guard? some schmoe writer?

he was a 4 year starter at center at louisville....he will be a starting center for the bills by mid season

die hard?

if the movie was like your fanaticism...bruce willis would have died in a car accident on the way to the Nakatomi bldg......

and what is everyones obsession with Orakpo? do you guys like the way he looks with his shirt off or soemthing? cuz thats all he has proven....that he knows how to work out...big deal...hes a texas guy...all of their players are over rated

and where was a good OLB that was available that isnt going to be there in the 3rd or 4th rd?

personally i dont think tackle is that immediate of a need...i mean they did just fine in the first 4 weeks last season....and center was a weaker spot

I love Orakpo - especially the film of him spending the afternoon on his ass against Pettigrew.

I don't know much about Maybin and neither does anyone posting on this board. I hope he turns out to be awesome.

i never said i was done liking the bills. i'm just not spending 450$ on season tickets. 8 years of witnessing this garbage in person was enough. i'm glad the bills have some of you fools to keep ponying up money so i can watch them on tv. thank you guys.

Wow!! A whole 8 years??

I love Orakpo - especially the film of him spending the afternoon on his ass against Pettigrew.

I don't know much about Maybin and neither does anyone posting on this board. I hope he turns out to be awesome.

If he was from Penn State - shouldn't a lot of people know him?

FWIW, he grew up one town over from my current location.

read post #83. where is the rule that i have to be at the game to be a die-hard. let me know when you find it.

"the BUFFALO BILLS are my religion"

above is your signature. yet a 2nd round draft choice has made you change your mind about season tickets. sounds like a die-hard to me.....

you call youself Die-Hard and yet the Bills 2nd round pick, their 3rd choice in the draft, has convinced you to not renew your tickets. that's like being 300 lbs and called Tiny.

To be fair, the complete absence from post season play for the better part of a decade coupled with an offense as exciting as a trip to the DMV may have also had something to do with his attitude. Just a wild guess.

Great. How's he going to do on Sundays? Because that's the only question that matters - and no one knows the answer...

The draft is a crapshoot. Always has been.

what a waste of a pick. yes it certainly has altered my view of the bills.

have you seen this waste of a pick play.....ever? i definitely haven't, which is why i'm not so quick to call it a wasted pick, you know, until he proves it on the field.

that pick made my decision easy for re-newing my season tickets. no freaking way. i'm going to sell 4 of my 8 jerseys too. won't ever wear them to a game again soo. fuuck it.

PUNCH!!

Change your screen name douche. Die-Hard you're not. :wallbash: My suggestion would be "Whine-Hard"

Pro Football Weekly had Darius Butler the 2nd rated cornerback. Butler was drafted by New England.

Jairus and Darius do sound alike though. The devil is in the details.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...Cornerbacks.htm

I'm staring right now at the PFW draft mag, and Jairus Byrd is rated 2nd. They may have changed their rankings later online, but in the mag, Darius Butler is rated 8th.

Good pick, Jairus Byrd should be a starter on openning day...Simpson is gone for sure now . Think about our safety depth .A converted WR , some white kid and who else ? an old guy who has been in the league for 7 yrs. ? We can get our right tackle later . I guess people should listen when the GM, Scouts , Head Coach all say they Like Bell at tackle, just maybe they see something in him like they saw in Peters... you know the undrafted FA pickup .

Don't try to talk reason here are you crazy? You should be cursing every move we make. This kid is going to develop into one of the top safeties in the league. His toughness and ball skills are that good. I guess I won't let all the negativity here get me down as more than half the people complaining about this kid think we picked him as a corner. Since they didn't even get the fact of which position we picked him for why should we give any credence to what they may think anyway?

who says they are converting him to guard? some schmoe writer?

he was a 4 year starter at center at louisville....he will be a starting center for the bills by mid season

Jauron was interviewed on Sirius - he said that they talked to the kid about playing guard, and he'll start that way. Hartgardner will play center.

The one move this offseason that I could say - "No way am I reupping my season tix is keeping Jauron!" But, let's see what these guys can do...I said the same thing when the Bills picked Henry Jones, John Fina...

Remember when everyone was ecstatic when we picked J.D. Williams or Willis McGahee...Let's wait and see...Gianst picked a guy in the 2nd round a few years ago (Osi Umenyiora) and I thought that was a joke...Turned out he was a Pro Bowler...

Jauron was interviewed on Sirius - he said that they talked to the kid about playing guard, and he'll start that way. Hartgardner will play center.

I think he's going to be like Mawae - play guard for a season or 2 until he gets the calls down then move over. That's probably wise given that we have a young QB.

I like Maybin a lot, but even I thought he should have stayed in school for another year. (Obviously, since he went in the top half of Round 1, he's probably glad he didn't listen to people like me.)