Official Draft Thread

A lot of people do a lot of work to come up with those rankings. Since Astro sinks a lot of time into it, I'm asking his opinion.

I love Astro's opinion, and find the Drafttek stuff interesting, given what it is.

If I had a bone to pick with Drafttek, it is the labeling picks "reach" or "value" based on its internal ratings. I never was fond of judging a pick a reach by how many picks away it was from some prediction.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just saying rankings wether on a website like drafttek or a magazine have limitations. They dont have a medical staff, dont interview players one on one. Dont know how a player fits in with a specific team. Though if you do want to use them for discussion give us Oaklands total reach number so far.

I'm just looking for his thoughts, that's all. Don't care about Oakland, Al is obviously way too close to the process for their own good, but I like that he leaves better players for us. I'm not looking to judge our draft, just discuss it.

I'll play.

A good way to look at the trade is: The Bills turned their 3rd round pic into a 2nd, but it cost them their first 4th round pick.

But, saying the traded their 3rd rounder and 4th rounder for the pick is correct. It is what actually happened. The Cowboys got both of those Bills picks.

Sorry, I'm over it seems like he is too. Semantics, I'm okay that he's correct.

Except for the fan revolt, I would also.

Plays great in preseason, and trade him for a 3rd or 4th??

By then, some of the stink if off of him.

I'm not sure there would be a huge fan revolt. Obviously he can still play and as a backup mentoring Edwards I'd be estatic. We have no one behind him that has experience and given that Vick will have to earn a spot again, I think it could be an exceptional value to grab him.

Vick's best bet is to end up on a team like ours and hope to shine his way back to the top, while we groom him for trade.

lol - some relation to Shawn Nelson is on Twitter:

"yeah I was thinking that too. I see him going to the Bills. If they don't pick him.....who knows"

"I knew that was going to happen. Now S Dot gotta play with TO's crazy a**"

pretty funny

Nic Harris - S - OK

He looks like a Tampa 2 OLB....

Compares To: CATO JUNE, Houston

Harris does not have the pass coverage ability of June, but both are more of a chase-and-trail type of linebacker who work better playing downhill and in the short-area pursuit than handling man coverage assignments. Like June, Harris will be limited to playing in a Cover-2 scheme. It is evident by his poor hip turn and marginal speed for the position that he will not be considered to be a strong safety by many teams.

Nic Harris. Almost certainly an OLB for us.

Where are you getting this from? I'm not arguing. I really have no idea.

*Edit* Espn draftek has him listed as a Linebacker. The TV showed him as a Safety