Official Draft Thread

I like Freeman better than the two QBs picked so far.

i dont know, i got the chance to see stafford play live a couple times this past season, the kid has all the skills to be a great player. we'll see what the rest of the team around him looks like though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broncos are going down. They traded Cutler, they spent $10 million on Arrington, $10 million on Buckhalter, then take Moreno. Now they are stuck with Orton, unless they trade for a QB. Now they take Ayers. I don't think he fits their scheme.

Not a fan of the pick, but if he develops it could work out. I only saw him play once, can't say I was bowled over.

Per PFW:

Lined up at 226 pounds in the Rose Bowl and put on too much weight too quickly and speed was clearly affected at the combine when he timed in the 4.9 second on some clocks on the 40-yard dash and did not look as athletic as he did during the season. However, he is a major league pass rushing talent with natural ability that cannot be taught.

An unrefined talent (from PSU--my #1 problem with the pick) in the early stages of maturation with a very high ceiling. Maybin showed the most pure upfield burst of any pass rusher in this draft and possesses immense natural athletic ability to line up in either a 3-4 or 4-3 front. Might not provide instant returns, but if he learns to handle the extra weight (my #2 problem with the pick), picks up on the mental aspects of the game, and refines is pass rush ability, he could be a force.

If, if, if...I hate that phrase at #11.

Sounds like a project.. at 11. Great, USA Today had him rated at #31 of the top 64 prospects.

The Broncos are going down. They traded Cutler, they spent $10 million on Arrington, $10 million on Buckhalter, then take Moreno. Now they are stuck with Orton, unless they trade for a QB. Now they take Ayers. I don't think he fits their scheme.
Orton > Cutler

Not a fan of the pick, but if he develops it could work out. I only saw him play once, can't say I was bowled over.

Per PFW:

Lined up at 226 pounds in the Rose Bowl and put on too much weight too quickly and speed was clearly affected at the combine when he timed in the 4.9 second on some clocks on the 40-yard dash and did not look as athletic as he did during the season. However, he is a major league pass rushing talent with natural ability that cannot be taught.

An unrefined talent (from PSU--my #1 problem with the pick) in the early stages of maturation with a very high ceiling. Maybin showed the most pure upfield burst of any pass rusher in this draft and possesses immense natural athletic ability to line up in either a 3-4 or 4-3 front. Might not provide instant returns, but if he learns to handle the extra weight (my #2 problem with the pick), picks up on the mental aspects of the game, and refines is pass rush ability, he could be a force.

If, if, if...I hate that phrase at #11.

Why the hate for PSU? Lots of god players on that team.