Mike Williams Comeback Tour 2009

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure at this point he could be had at a small price, at least to come in and show he wants to play. It can't hurt considering what we have open on the line. And he can compete with any other new faces we bring in.

I'm sure at this point he could be had at a small price, at least to come in and show he wants to play. It can't hurt considering what we have open on the line. And he can compete with any other new faces we bring in.

Are you kidding?

Seriously....sign him to a minimum contract with incentives. Nothing to lose...Williams vs a no-name street free agent. He knows the team, the area, etc.... Oh the irony. That would be great.

You could make the arguement that he OWES us -if only for him being 'financially secure'.. :lol: .

Odd that he's tight with Dockery and was replaced 'by a converted TE'.. :)

You know what would really stink? If the guy comes back, gets on with the Cowboys, and makes the Pro Bowl like the rest of their players because it's a popularity vote because he actually decides to dedicate himself to the game and try to be the best possible player he can :lol:

fixed

Seriously....sign him to a minimum contract with incentives. Nothing to lose...Williams vs a no-name street free agent. He knows the team, the area, etc.... Oh the irony. That would be great.

I agree. If he's in shape enough to make it through camp, keep him around at the minimum and see if he's got anything left in him. Maybe working in the real world (and probably spending all his money) has sobered him up some, and he actually has something to play for now.

Comedy writers for David Lettermen could not have been funnier then this paragraph from the article, titled "No Excuses"

No excuses

Williams offered no excuses for his Buffalo years but he did say it wasn't easy playing for three different line coaches in his four seasons as well as two different head coaches. And maybe, he said, thinking he had to carry the hopes and dreams of a franchise on his large but relatively young 22-year-old back had been a bit overwhelming. "But I was a professional and as a professional they expect you to adjust."

:lol::)

Allow me to re-write that paragraph with just a hint of honesty included:

EXCUSES

Williams offered the following excuses as to why he sucked so much during his Bills' years:

1) It was hard to play football. (Despite who was coaching him)

2) He was too lazy and immature at 22 years old to even try to live up to his high expectations.

Ohh nice, he is shacking up with another under achieving ex Longhorn/Bill. I hope these to all stars aren't sharing trade secrets.

I can see there work out regimen now:

8 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Breakfast at Shoneys

10 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Watch a movie

12 p.m. - 2 p.m. - Back to Shoneys for lunch

2 p.m. - 4 p.m. - Nap

4 p.m. - 4:05- Hose self off to give the illusion of sweat

Say what you like but id bet he coulda been better than Peters last year... In fact... Id rather have Williams at 200K than Peters at 10M

How could he have been better sitting on the bench with a bad back?? :lol: