thanks for your support at Empire

hsimon

Hi Two Bills Drive/Stadium Wall folks,

As you know I have taken a new job and as of Thursday morning, I will be hosting the morning show at WGR. I am excited about this new job since I worked with many people in the building when I was at WBEN years ago and yet it was a sad day for me saying goodbye to some great people at Empire who I worked with for the last 8 years.

I also wanted to thank all of you who helped keep the Simoncast on the air at Empire and WLVL. This site has been so kind to myself and Empire over the years and I've probably talked to many of you on my show. I can't thank you enough and just wanted all of you to know how grateful I am because without you folks, I have no job! For those of you who don't live in WNY, I'm sorry you won't be able to catch my show anymore but you can move to Buffalo and boost the local economy! Anyway, I hope you will all follow me over to WGR and can find the time to call me in the morning so we can keep up our always interesting discussions on the Buffalo Bills.

Thanks again for all of your support!!!!

Howard Simon

Howard,

Those of us who live out of the Buffalo area will miss you on Empire, but we understand the situation at Empire and wish you the best.

Good luck to you, Howard.

Thanks for everything!

Jeff Kuhn

aka DCSabres

Hi Two Bills Drive/Stadium Wall folks,

As you know I have taken a new job and as of Thursday morning, I will be hosting the morning show at WGR.  I am excited about this new job since I worked with many people in the building when I was at WBEN years ago and yet it was a sad day for me saying goodbye to some great people at Empire who I worked with for the last 8 years.

I also wanted to thank all of you who helped keep the Simoncast on the air at Empire and WLVL.  This site has been so kind to myself and Empire over the years and I've probably talked to many of you on my show.  I can't thank you enough and just wanted all of you to know how grateful I am because without you folks, I have no job!  For those of you who don't live in WNY, I'm sorry you won't be able to catch my show anymore but you can move to Buffalo and boost the local economy!  Anyway, I hope you will all follow me over to WGR and can find the time to call me in the morning so we can keep up our always interesting discussions on the Buffalo Bills.

Thanks again for all of your support!!!!

Howard Simon

100633[/snapback]

Congrats Howard. I'll miss my daily dose. Maybe one day GR will go back to streaming. I'd have a reason to tune in.

Good luck, sir.

Thanks for the fun over the years. You'll be missed by many of us out-of-towners, but at least we'll know where to find you when we go home to visit.

Best of luck on your new gig, I know it'll be wildly successful.

Best of luck, Howard. I wish we could have gotten a finale show, but you will be greatly missed for us who just watched on TV. I have always looked forward to your opinion and now I guess the "I wonder what Howard thought of that play" will hurt everytime I think of that line. Hawainn Shirt Fridays were classic.

Howard,

Does your contract with WGR prevent you from pursuing independant projects?

With the demise of WNSA and Empire, there is not a single Bills/Buffalo sports talk show available on the web for Buffalo ex-pats like us. While moving back to the old town is a nice idea, it is impractical for most of us.

Would you consider producing a daily Simoncast for internet-only consumption? Even a weekly chat for out-of-town Bills freaks? Maybe even something done in conjuction with Two Bills Drive?

The cost of streaming has come down quite a bit, especially for a voice-quality mono stream. You could find a sponsor, or even try to do a subscription show. (As long as the price is modest!) The beauty of internet radio is that you know EXACTLY how many ears are listening and when. You can even have the show available live, and also on-demand the rest of the time.

I really believe there is a demand for this. You have already created a market for this through the Empire stream. Why let this audience go to waste? I would be happy to talk about the nuts and bolts with you. I'm sure Scott (SDS) can offer some good advice as well.

PTR

Thanks Howard for the kind words. I am like many of the members of the board who live out of town and loved hearing you over the internet. I certainly understand you moving to WGR and hope to listen to you when I do come in town. Hopefully they will start streaming over at WGR sometime soon. Loved your show! I feel bad about Empire and WNSA but I guess things change.

Thanks for the kind words Howard and we all wish you the best of luck! You will certanly boost my morning ride in to work as compared to what I was "forced" ( by my own obsessiveness :D ) to listen to until you take over. Do us a favor when you're over there ( and I mean this with respect) and uphold your objectivity regrding the Bills and their endeavors. To me that has been the quality about you that stands out the most. You stay away from both the unrealistically positive, and the petty negative nonsense we are all too familiar with as you discuss the Bills and other topics on your show. You will add nothing but credibility to the team over at WGR! Good luck ....

It's disappointing that I will no longer be able to watch the simoncast on my kitchen tv at home. Either myself or my father would always turn it on, depending on which one of us got home first. We'd listen to it as we cleaned up, started dinner, whatever... Unfortunately for myself and other listeners, WGR doesn't come in down here in the southern tier. Hopefully everything will go great for you and someday you'll be able to make the jump back to TV. I wish you the best of luck!

Gonna miss you Howard...WGR needs to stream again...Moving to Australia next week and now I cannot get my fix. Good luck at WGR. :D ....Also Maybe I missed it but A heads up woulda been nice...Turned on Empire at 3 today and was like WTF!.

Howard, I was in shock when I saw the news today at the bottom of my screen and will miss you a lot. I looked forward every day for the Simoncast and really enjoyed it. Good Luck to you and your family. Tom...........

Well...I knew it was too good for a Bills Fan in Charlotte NC...I figured it could not last forever...

Thanks Howard, you will be sorely missed by the Out-Of-Towners, that I can guarantee...

I've E-mailed the Program Director at WGR previously about Streaming, and though he said there are no plans now, he did say he won't rule anything out in the future...I think if there was more call for Streaming Locally in Buffalo, for whatever reason, they would do it again...I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Good luck Howard, I guess I can work past 3:00 now...

Best of luck Howard!

I for one will miss my 2nd favorite place to get insight about the Bills. TBD is #1. Here in south Florida we don't have much access to the Bills except through the internet. I will miss your show and hope that we will hear you steaming soon.

Good luck with your new venture!

It's a shame what happened to Empire. Lots of good people were affected.

Glad you're still local and landed a job with a little more security. I'm sure that's a big weight off your shoulders when you have a family to take care of. I know the feeling.

All the best and have fun getting up early again. I rise at 3am. Fun, isn't it ? :(

And have your producer block Butch from Niagara Falls from calling. He's a numbskull. :D

Howard, I'm sure it's a relief to you that you now have a steady source of income. I give you a ton of credit for having the courage to try what you did with the post-WNSA Simoncast. Congratulations, and thank you for providing credible, professional sports talk without the sensationalism.

At least now I can listen to you in the car driving from my home west of Rochester into work....

Oh, and BTW, you were supposed to post this in the official "Howard is leaving Empire" thread. :D

Good luck Howard. Being in NC, i will miss the simoncast on channel 626, however i will listen when i'm home on vacations (that is till you start streaming the show). I will give my undying thanks to john rigas for all the trouble he's put you and your coworkers/friends through!

Hats off buddy! On one hand I'm happy for your new direction and more security, on the other hand you are a selfish bastard and to hell with the new show since I live out of the area!

Honestly good luck and if you are ever in the Orlando area e-mail me and we'll grab a beer and some wings!

Good luck!

Jeff

I'm going to second what ENVIROJEFF said about if you are ever in the Orlando area, I know of a few good places for wings and even more for beer, lol.

Thanks for your shows on Empire and WNSA Howard, you will be missed greatly by us out of towners but hopefully WGR will start streaming again so we can get our fix of you on there. I will be sure to listen to you when I am in Buffalo and again, thanks for all of your hard work. Hawaiian shirt Fridays will be missed.

Thanks,

Jim in Orlando

Howard, good luck and thanks! I am a Bills out of town person and I loved your show and Empire. I hope WGR starts to stream again and that somehow Empire or something like it reappears sometime in the future with you and other personalities in Western New York. Empire was the main reason I had the Sports Pack on satellite tv. I am in mourning!

A true class act that will be mised by so many of us former WNYers. Thanks for the countless hours of WNY sports talk! Good Luck!

Howard...my man. Im going to miss you man. Im cancelling empire on my Direct TV programming today. I want to let you know how much I appreciated what you and Jim B did for us. It's tough being a Bills diehard and living out on the NY/VT border and Empire was my lifeline to WNY.

Best of luck to you.

Kelly