OK....let me ask this question...scheffler or brandon P.

scenario 1

Buffalo takes DE at 11th and Mack at 28. With a trade for Scheffler with a 4th round pick

scenario 2

Buffalo takes a DE at 11th and moves up in front of sayyyyyy....the Falcons using their 28th and a 4th round pick to take Pettigrou

Which scenario do you like better......to me it would come down to which TE you like better.

scenario 1

Buffalo takes DE at 11th and Mack at 28. With a trade for Scheffler with a 4th round pick

scenario 2

Buffalo takes a DE at 11th and moves up in front of sayyyyyy....the Falcons using their 28th and a 4th round pick to take Pettigrou

Which scenario do you like better......to me it would come down to which TE you like better.

Give me a proven Scheffler over an unproven Pettigrew any day of the week.

I would take Scheffler simply because we get our DE and C and TE.

But Scheffler is also a lot safer.

And our 28th overall and 4th-round pick will not get us up in front of the Falcons.

I prefer to use a late rd pick for a TE....I think Derek fine showed glimpses of being good and with Schefler we will have a decent TE who can provide an outlet for Edwards. Our 1st round picks should be used to address the lines for the long term.

Here's a question: have any of you seen Scheffler play??

:thumbsup: PWNED

I think I might take the Pettigrew but I dont think it would work out like that. More like Pettigrew with the 11th pick, Larry English, Tyson Jackson, or Robert Ayers with the 28th, and then the best of the centers available at 42. Mack, Unger, Wood any of the 3 would be fine with me.

I have the bills/broncs game from last year TIVO'd

I actually like Sheffler as a receiving Tight End.....and if it ended up that we got him I would not be upset because I think it is a mistake to fall in love with one player

But I do REALLY like Pettigrou....for a multitude of reason. I just want to be able to get him while also trying to fill other needs on this team. Our pass rush was pathetic....Kelsay is not going to get better.....we dont know what we are going to get back with Schrobel......I understand the need the need for help on both lines.

scenario 1

scenario 2

Neither... way too many other holes to fill + they just burned a 4th rounder on Fine last year, see what he can do as starter first.

I would take Scheffler simply because we get our DE and C and TE.

But Scheffler is also a lot safer.

And our 28th overall and 4th-round pick will not get us up in front of the Falcons.

What he said....only I also think that we may need to move up higher than that if we really want Pettigrew. A lot of the mocks I've been seeing lately have him going at 21 to Philly (which shoulda been our pick!)

Rico we say this every year man

And at the end of next season we will be talking about how we need a Tight ENd who can actually make plays and by draft time we will have "too many needs" to address it again......

I hate this circle

I still say you have to give Fine AND Chris Ellis* a chance this year, or accept that the FO failed yet again. :thumbsup:

* not saying don't draft a DE this year, cause Kelsay most definitely needs to go.... Denney has looked far better at LDE than RDE, out-of-position last year, I have no problem keeping him as back-up.

LDE: Day 1 pick, Denney

RDE: Schobel, Ellis

I live in Denver, watched him play quite a few times. He has good hands, and good speed. He can get good separation. He is certainly better right now that anyone on the Bills roster. I think Pettigrew has a much higher ceiling and is a way better blocker. The Denver rollout play works well with a Scheffler type and the Bills would want to incorporate that type play to get him involved.

Scenario #1 is severely flawed as unlikely, first of all you are NOT getting Scheffler for a 4th round pick......he was a 2nd round pick of Denver's, is considered one of the better young tight ends in football....they are going to ask for a 2nd round pick or a 3rd & 5th. He is in the LAST year of his rookie contract and is gonna want to get paid !! you will have to pay him twice what a #1 pick in the 20-28 overall would get. But for discussion purposes, if denver was stupid enough to take a 4th round pick, then scenario #1 is best. i would be happy with scenario #1 even if it cost us the #2 for Scheffler.

Scenario #2- the team that picks before ATL is NE at #23, a 4th is NOT enough, you need a lil more to do that. in order to go further from the #28th overall UP to #20 it will cost you a 3rd round pick. Your scenario #2 is more likely than your #1 scenario. i would be happy with this one also.

the Bills are going to take Pettigrew with the 11th or 13th(trade WASH) and then UNGER or MACK with the 28th, then the best DL or LB with the 42nd.