Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team "bi-polar" lays a playoff stinker... the Nuggets got far enough ahead, that their immature ways didn't cost them...

Good points on both teams......the Lakers are too inconsistent, and the Nugg's are too immature.

This is a good sound effect to describe the Lakers' effort tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Good points on both teams......the Lakers are too inconsistent, and the Nugg's are too immature.

This is a good sound effect to describe the Lakers' effort tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

All I can say, whoever wind this whole thing, the Lakers have looked as bad as any team in the playoffs some nights, during this post-season. I realize they are a very skilled team, but they just don't seem to be determined enough, in my opinion, to do the things you need to do, to win a championship. When things are going well, they look terrific...but if the other team decides to impose their will, so to speak, the Lake show just goes away...tonights game was almost unwatchable. If I am Kobe, and I have already put myself out there as a whiner, I would demand a trade, again, this off-season, unless the Lakers get Ron Artest.

The Nuggets are starting to look like the 90's era Reily/Ewing Knicks teams... there were close to 80 foul shots in tonights game...

. there were close to 80 foul shots in tonights game...

Are you serious?? That's something about basketball I just can't get past. :pirate:

All I can say, whoever wind this whole thing, the Lakers have looked as bad as any team in the playoffs some nights, during this post-season. I realize they are a very skilled team, but they just don't seem to be determined enough, in my opinion, to do the things you need to do, to win a championship. When things are going well, they look terrific...but if the other team decides to impose their will, so to speak, the Lake show just goes away...tonights game was almost unwatchable. If I am Kobe, and I have already put myself out there as a whiner, I would demand a trade, again, this off-season, unless the Lakers get Ron Artest.

The Nuggets are starting to look like the 90's era Reily/Ewing Knicks teams... there were close to 80 foul shots in tonights game...

The problem with the lakers right now is two fold:

- We dont have a enforcer that the HC would actually be willing to put on the court. When the nuggets start getting overly physical we dont have an answer for that. We have a guy we COULD use in DJ Mbenga but Phil would never play him in the playoffs.....he would seriously crack heads.

- There is some sort of riff going on between Phil Jackson and our young center Bynum......and for some reason Phil does things that are just baffling at times......Bynum was playing pretty well last night....while Lamar Odom was not....and Phil doesn't adjust to make sure Andrew was on the court and keeping it going. Then they call that ridiculous flagrant on Bynum later in the game and POOF.....Bynum doenst see the floor again.

LeBron is a friggin BEAST tonight. The more I watch this guy play the more I'm convinced that he's able to do things that others just can't do. I just watched this guy do a Shaq impersonation, hit the shot, and get the foul. I don't profess to be a basketball expert, but looks to me that this is by far the most well-rounded, dominant player the NBA has seen in a while. He powers in like Shaq, he can drive and fly like Dr. J, and he can hit from the perimeter like.....aw, who cares....the guy is the KING! :blink:

What a horrible call on Howard. Are players no longer allowed to get excited? He didn't get in the guy's face and taunt him, or anything close to it.

!@#$ing HORRIBLE call. The officiating in the playoffs has been horrendous, for the most part.

LeBron is a friggin BEAST tonight. The more I watch this guy play the more I'm convinced that he's able to do things that others just can't do. I just watched this guy do a Shaq impersonation, hit the shot, and get the foul. I don't profess to be a basketball expert, but looks to me that this is by far the most well-rounded, dominant player the NBA has seen in a while. He powers in like Shaq, he can drive and fly like Dr. J, and he can hit from the perimeter like.....aw, who cares....the guy is the KING! :w00t:

You jinxed him

that Rafer Alston guy is just goin' apeshiit all over the Cavs....homeboy is raining three bombs left and right

LeBron is a friggin BEAST tonight. The more I watch this guy play the more I'm convinced that he's able to do things that others just can't do. I just watched this guy do a Shaq impersonation, hit the shot, and get the foul. I don't profess to be a basketball expert, but looks to me that this is by far the most well-rounded, dominant player the NBA has seen in a while. He powers in like Shaq, he can drive and fly like Dr. J, and he can hit from the perimeter like.....aw, who cares....the guy is the KING! :w00t:

You forgot pass like Magic.

What a horrible call on Howard. Are players no longer allowed to get excited? He didn't get in the guy's face and taunt him, or anything close to it.

!@#$ing HORRIBLE call. The officiating in the playoffs has been horrendous, for the most part.

that was a garbage call.

Mo Williams reminds me of how Iverson used to go through stretches where his shots got REALLY sloppy, yet he refused to stop taking them. LeBron needs to get these guys' heads back on straight and take this game over. Orlando's little guys are toying with them.